Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

I just kinda hope it comes to Wii U as well, though I'll probably get it for PS3 anyways.

Same.

I think that it would work absolutely perfectly on Wii U. I mean, seriously. It's actually a perfect fit for the game.

They'd be crazy not to.

Same.

I think that it would work absolutely perfectly on Wii U. I mean, seriously. It's actually a perfect fit for the game.

They'd be crazy not to.

The only problem is porting it to take advantage of the Wii U pad would probably require a fair bit of work from capcom, Considering what they're been outputting lately I'm not sure if they actually have it in them to put real effort into a port

Maybe Microsoft/Capcom were just plain uninterested in porting it to their system.

Here have some pics

3mueea.jpg

5qge39.jpg

6vhdc5.jpg

re. port: Will buy this Orochi Battle Simulator game if it doesn't have any nasty surprises such as the bad controls/graphic downgrade/Clover staff credit removal found in the Wii version. NOT looking forward to the last blockhead guy.

I had to record the fucking thing with a videocamera in the PS2 original to pass that. True story.

Viewtiful Joe 1+2 next pls. And make them Vita compatible while at it.

re. port begging: PS3 only probably a mix between remake originally aimed at japanese market (lol xbox) and niche title not worth the porting costs. I mean, it couuuuld be timed exclusive but what's the point? Doubt Sony would pay a single cent for this and in a few months' time nobody would even care, with next consoles coming out and stuff so why bother?

A WiiU port later on could happen, it's Capcom, they love to rehash their shit every gen. The only games they don't whore around are unsuccessful IPs and terrible outings. But, right now, I'm surprised it's even launching out of Japan.

Short answer: why don't you have a ps3 already, i mean jesus christ you guys

Edited by Dobkeratops

Short answer: why don't you have a ps3 already, i mean jesus christ you guys

I do, but the controller sucks.

I do, but the controller sucks.

I disagree, but as pointed out earlier you could surely find a third party alternative controller that better suits your subjective ergonomics, no? It's worth the investment if the pad keeps you from playing games on the system.

o-m-f-g...those HD pics *droool*

I absolutely ADORE this game to bits!

The visuals,the gameplay,the story asdjfdgf-yeah.

''PS3 exclusive''

FFFFFFFFFFFFFffffuu

I mean yeah,that was to be expected ...but still makes me a sad panda 8,C

*sigh* oh well

Still glad it's getting an HD re-release,this game damn right deserves it. cool.png

This again? It stopped being an exclusive with the Wii port, so from then on, it was open to being released on other consoles.

I disagree, but as pointed out earlier you could surely find a third party alternative controller that better suits your subjective ergonomics, no? It's worth the investment if the pad keeps you from playing games on the system.

I don't want to buy a new controller right now. Too expensive for a console I won't really use besides for movies.

At the time, the Wii was the only console with motion controls, thus why it was ported to that console. Had the PS3 supported the Move back then, the Wii version probably wouldn't even exist.

So what? The reason doesn't matter. It was released on the Wii. Okami is not a Playstation exclusive.

To counter your motion control argument, both the Xbox 360 and the Wii U have special ways to use the brush, namely Kinect and the GamePad.

Power A isn't expensive at all. In fact it's probably the cheapest PS3 controller you'll find.

I'm sorry but why the fuck would I want to play Okami with a Kinect? The Kinect's motion control is wholly different than the Wii remote or the PlayStation Move's.

And if you're only using a PS3 for movies then I'd hardly say it was worth the money. I can't imagine the controller as a whole being that much of an excuse to just ignore the magnificent library of games on it.

Edited by Chooch

I honestly never found a problem with the controller for PS3 other than their stupidly designed triggers. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to make them convex?

Oh yeah, and on topic: Issun is a badass.

Edited by Solkia-kun

I'm sorry but why the fuck would I want to play Okami with a Kinect? The Kinect's motion control is wholly different than the Wii remote or the PlayStation Move's.

Wait, so this will be a download title? That's pretty cool. I might get it in that case.

Edited by Solkia-kun

Wait, so this will be a download title? That's pretty cool. I might get it in that case.

Download, yes. EU regions sometimes get a retail release for big PSN titles, but if that were the case it'd have been on the PR I suppose.

When did I say that? I originally bought it for MGS4 mainly and hoped there would be a lot interesting games for me like the PS2. I'm just not interested in a lot of them nowadays. And I prefer multiplatforms on the 360. Maybe if I find some cheap exclusives in a few years I'll get a bunch, but right now I don't want to give out money for them.

"I bought a PS3 hoping there would be interesting games on it"

> Game you're interested in comes to PS3

"Not buying, I wish this was multiplatform"

I don't even know what's up with the not wanting to give out money for them. For what? The exclusives? But didn't you just say you weren't interested in them? What is going on? Who am I? Where's the third C on a cyclopentane perhydrophenanthrene?

¿?¿?¿Emot-psyduck.gif?¿?¿?

You know, maybe someone doesn't want to buy another console just to play one game or they might have money issues.

You know, maybe someone doesn't want to buy another console just to play one game or they might have money issues.

Doesn't he already own a PS3 though?

Surely then it would be logical to buy the game, rather than to wish for it to be Multiplatform? I mean right now, for all intents and purposes, it is a PS3 exclusive (the HD version at least), so just buy it. It makes absolutely no sense for you to not buy it.

Regarding the fact that this is a PS3 exclusive, is it really that hard to imagine that Sony may have paid Capcom for exclusivity for the HD version? I mean seriously?

Edited by Scar

Doesn't he already own a PS3 though?

Surely then it would be logical to buy the game, rather than to wish for it to be Multiplatform? I mean right now, for all intents and purposes, it is a PS3 exclusive (the HD version at least), so just buy it. It makes absolutely no sense for you to not buy it.

Regarding the fact that this is a PS3 exclusive, is it really that hard to imagine that Sony may have paid Capcom for exclusivity for the HD version?

I think PSI meant in general, not just Marcello.

I think PSI meant in general, not just Marcello.

Oh, I see.

However, the last point still stands.

Until further notice Okami HD is a PS3 exclusive, I guess everyone just has to deal with it.

"I bought a PS3 hoping there would be interesting games on it"

> Game you're interested in comes to PS3

"Not buying, I wish this was multiplatform"

I don't even know what's up with the not wanting to give out money for them. For what? The exclusives? But didn't you just say you weren't interested in them? What is going on? Who am I? Where's the third C on a cyclopentane perhydrophenanthrene?

¿?¿?¿Emot-psyduck.gif?¿?¿?

I bought a PS3 with MGS 4, hoped there would be a lot of good games. There weren't that many. I don't like the controller. I already have Okami, with the same controller that I don't like. If it it comes on a different console, I might get it so I can enjoy it more. I don't have money for a new controller again for this one game and movies at the moment. I'd definitely love to play it on the Wii U, because I think the GamePad could make it more intuitive and because of that, more fun. My mom might get me the Wii U for Christmas, so there's no money problems there. The 360 version would just be the PS3 version with a controller I prefer. If I have to, I'll get the PS3 version sometime in the future, but right now I'm not very interested because I'd rather have it on the Wii U or at least 360.

I don't want to discus this anymore.

So, what's up with Capcom making the PS2 version look so much worse in the trailer. Ahaha.

Edited by MarcelloF

I'm not going to press the matter any further, but this:

hoped there would be a lot of good games. There weren't that many.

Is factually wrong. Or using an extremely high standard for the meaning of good, which doesn't seem to be the case since you're looking forward to get a WiiU at launch.

Letting those personal preferences get in the way of enjoyment seems a shame to me, but to each its own.

-

So back to Okami, while not the first time I've seen exaggerated blurryness in footage comparisons, I have to say the image quality for PS2 and Wii on my monitor is even worse. Like, I tried replaying Persona 3 and got eye-watering levels of shimmering and blur... component helps a bit but nowhere near enough to remove the effect completely. So it's not THAT deceptive, YMMV.

OK, I have to answer this then.

I'm not going to press the matter any further, but this:

Is factually wrong. Or using an extremely high standard for the meaning of good, which doesn't seem to be the case since you're looking forward to get a WiiU at launch.

Letting those personal preferences get in the way of enjoyment seems a shame to me, but to each its own.

... It's an opinion. It's not factually wrong. Don't know why your talking about high standards. When I say there were no good games for the PS3, I mean no (Or not many) games I'm especially interested in. That should be painfully obvious. Your last part of your post makes no sense. I don't like Killzone, so me not liking it isn't getting in the way of my enjoyment. Nothing to do with high standards, I just don't think it's fun. I don't know what your going on about.

Yeah keep the console warz stuff out of the topic thanks. That goes for both of you guys.

I don't mind it during e3 but this is an okami thread so keep the chat about the game itself rather then the merits of the ps3 and the 360 C: