Awoo.

Sonic Concept Art

Concept art can be one of the most interesting parts that is shown to us. It shows us the many ideas developers had for the game during it's planning stages. Concept art is made from many game-related items. Box art, characters, levels & environments, power-ups and items, enemies, and such. There are some concept art that will wow you. There is some that make you glad that the concepts it never made it into the final version of the game. And there are some that just plain weird or wacky. Concept art applies to all video game series/franchises, and Sonic is a big example.

Post any Sonic concept art that you find interesting, and post your opinions on them.

• Thumbs Up 6

These are some fairly well-known early Sonic designs, but I never saw the bottom-left one before.

455px-260017-s1_needlemouse_super.jpg

Beautiful.

It indeed is beautiful. But the top left is more beautiful than the bottom left.
  • Thumbs Up 1

This reminds me of the time I linked the Japanese Sonic Unleashed blogs on Retro and two days later it all turned up on TSSZ.

• Thumbs Up 1

03.jpg

^ Funny how the 2D concept art is much better than the final CG modeled product

I think it looks much worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_lgn1kfFY3r1qgb1o5o1_250.png

Oh wait----

425536_10150545645202418_23050342417_8754341_362154180_n.jpg

EDIT2: There we go.

EDIT 3: Hadn't realized that my link goofed and posted that KnucklesxLink pic, lol sorry.

Edited by Dr.SuperJXJ
  • Thumbs Up 6

tumblr_lgn1kfFY3r1qgb1o5o1_250.png

Oh wait----

con3.gif

That's better. I like this simplicity though.

Edited by Fix-It Felix
  • Thumbs Up 7

Id love to see the original designs before TAILS was made, Iam talking about the ecrapped character called 'BOOMER THE TURTLE' who I believed has a mini rocket jet on his shell.

there was even a scrapped SONIC design showing him as a Porcupine as well.

Somewhere deep in the SEGA vaults these images exist, id love to see them one day :)

Id love to see the original designs before TAILS was made, Iam talking about the ecrapped character called 'BOOMER THE TURTLE' who I believed has a mini rocket jet on his shell.

there was even a scrapped SONIC design showing him as a Porcupine as well.

Somewhere deep in the SEGA vaults these images exist, id love to see them one day smile.png

Edited by Fix-It Felix
  • Thumbs Up 6

Not normally a Blaze fan but that art is really good! I like her like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ugh, Sonic X and it's terrible off model nature...

Anyways. does anyone else laugh when they look at Tail's gut? He needs to lose that baby fat fast.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1