Awoo.

Sonic Concept Art

Here is the aforementioned Excalibur Sonic, In SatBK I have this concept art, the Dark Queen, and the last boss, but I've never seen the other pics in the gallery and I've never seen the other two arts I mentioned posted online.

post-1748-0-73267200-1341035905_thumb.jp

While not a concept art, I've been searching for this King Arthur art in HD forever so if someone has a better quality one I would be very appreciative.

post-1748-0-84996900-1341035906_thumb.jp

So I find myself evaluating the Excalibur Sonic armor as though it were an actual piece of armor.

In that picture the hips seem wide open for some reason. Not like that in game but that would be an obvious weak point.

Like a lot of anime influenced knight armor, there are a bunch of visual flourishes that would catch blows in unfavorable ways, in this case there's the shoulder pads, the bit right above the hips that would usually be skirts, and the ears. Really Sonic's ears present a challenge. Interestingly it also seems as though the ears would preclude the face mask from rising. The face mask also has a really large central bit that would make it hard to focus on nearby opponents.

So I find myself evaluating the Excalibur Sonic armor as though it were an actual piece of armor.
That was your first mistake.
  • Thumbs Up 8

The choice was not mine to make.

How was that not your choice to make when you clearly took it upon yourself to evaluate it?

How was that not your choice to make when you clearly took it upon yourself to evaluate it?

And with that, the joke was stomped hard into the ground.

Apart from the skull on his arm, I always liked the Werehog concept on the left here:

Blog0217_4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's have some Secret Rings concepts.

Sand Oasis:

05_03_ZM.png

05_02_ZM.png

And some Shahra:

03_01_ZM.png

03_03_ZM.png

03_04_ZM.png

03_05_ZM.png

03_02_ZM.png

• Thumbs Up 8

That bun and ring thing is so strange...

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is as obvious to me as to some of you all, but Shahra looks so similar to Merlina it's startling:

Satbk_merlina.png1000px-Shahra.jpgExcept for the clothing, the darker skin, and the purple hair, they both look like identical little elf people..... I'm gonna bet $30 that the next storybook game is gonna have some kinda elf eared girl.

• Thumbs Up 3

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is as obvious to me as to some of you all, but Shahra looks so similar to Merlina it's startling:

It is obvious. I thought so when I first saw Merlina, I was all 'Hey, look, the put Sharah in a new constume'. I don't really mind though. Makes a kind of connection, doesn't it? Just like the style of the cutscenes, maybe it was even intended they look alike? A part of the series?

I assume they're meant to be different incarnations of your magical storybook guide; just as all of the Sonic characters are incarnated into different fictional characters, so too are Shahra and Merlina just different representations of a single individual.

• Thumbs Up 6

And with that, the joke was stomped hard into the ground.

What joke, dude?

sonicbollycaos.pngsonicbollycaos.pngSonicbollycaom.pngSonicbollycaob.png

cromos.jpg

Artwork involving Sonic and the Alphabet.

Not exactly conceptual artwork, but it's still a nice find.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 6

Remember kids, O is for chicken.

Considering the Spanish word for Chicken, I think O is actually a really good letter to associate with the bird - from a pronunciation standpoint anyway.

Some Sonic X-treme enemy Concept art:

shoot.jpg

bulb.jpg

mechason_3.jpg

The last one was supposed to be a new and improved version of Metal Sonic called "Metal Sonic Mach 3"

That robot looks like it would be right at home in a Megaman game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I was thinking, these are great, I'd like to keep them somewhere, I mean shame if they were to lose their place on the internet right?

But they'd clusterbomb my computer and probably not be seen ever again anyway.

Then, it hit me, I'll make a booru dedicated to official and concept art, don't suppose you could give me a hand with it?

It needs a serios splash of colour I know, I'm getting on it

http://sth.booru.org...s=list&tags=all

Sonic X-treme cover concept

91bfa57041f238a2582396a1c7d0d72ab62c0edc.jpg

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 2

Considering the Spanish word for Chicken, I think O is actually a really good letter to associate with the bird - from a pronunciation standpoint anyway.

Remember all the talk about Silver's concept art? Well, I've gotten inspired and made a lil' sketch of him...

As a mink-esque character.

sketch__silver_the_mink_by_sam_huskie-d568pfx.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Remember kids, O is for chicken.

No it's not, Sonic is clearly an ornithologist.

• Thumbs Up 2

Never saw that Sonic Underground art before. Where'd you find it?