Awoo.

Sonic Concept Art

Since I'm seeing a lot of Concept art of Unleashed over here...

Dark_Gaia_Sega_Art_by_Shalweas.png

Concept art Of Dark Gaia.

This is the only Final Boss Monster in the Sonic Series that I actually Like. Even more then Perfect Chaos.

And now for some concept art of Everyone's favorite opening cutscene...

431px-SU_Black8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Ec_arasi.png

Holy shit, this one is terrifying! An Eggman head shaped structure using a viking helmet is, with no doubt, awesome.

Although I think it looks like Wargreymon LOL

This was Either Sonic 2 or 3

Robotnikmodel1new.jpg

AOSTH

I love just how much Milton explains the character how to get it across to the audience through the way he's drawn.

I also love how he described him some sort of alleged sex god.

28df74520fb9cede25a2bc051ae8e1a6-d4yw36d.jpg

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 1

some Sonic Riders concept art i've always admired

Sonicriders58slugdrones.png

i fucking love this picture

They shoulda used this for the design

Concept art of Dark Gaia escaping from the Earth's core in Unleashed's opening sequence.

800px-SU_Black10.jpg

...Holy crap. The detail.

Was this the concept...if so....15205297.jpg

Edited by DaGamer14

Concept art of Dark Gaia escaping from the Earth's core in Unleashed's opening sequence.

800px-SU_Black10.jpg

Just made that shit my new screensaver

some Sonic Riders concept art i've always admired

Sonicriders58slugdrones.png

i fucking love this picture

THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE EVER SEEN!

Does this stuff count as concept art?

SONIC13.png

XD

SONIC32.png

SOOOO CUTE!

I have a million of these.

I think that just counts as regular art.

Edited by The Groosenator

Concept art of the Egg Carrier from Sonic Adventure.

Eg_image.png

Ec_arasi.png

Ec_hall.png

It's really interesting how ominous these look. Always had the distinct impression that SA was meant to be darker and edgier from the early conceptual stages. The following just strengthens the perception;

Mr_night.png

NiGHTS in the moon XD

Concept of Gamma;

E-102_Concept1.jpg

Very Egg Robo-esque if you ask me.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 4

I think that just counts as regular art.

Oh, well thanks. I love them anyways, though. happy.png

Since we all seem to be in a Sonic Unleashed concept art mood, here's something more of interest: original storyboard drafts from Sonic: Night of the Werehog. Images courtesy of Sonic Wrecks, of course.

4jujV.jpg

BLzfZ.jpg

JHcaR.jpg

1kUhH.jpg

R9lWP.jpg

A few months back someone uploaded the full storyboard set on a Japanese website, but it appears they have since been removed. They were quite interesting, the original ending had Sonic transforming back to normal, leading the ghost girl to slap him. If anyone has them archived, please let me know; I'd love to see them again!

edit: Images fixed, sorry about that!

Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 7

A few months back someone uploaded the full storyboard set on a Japanese website, but it appears they have since been removed. They were quite interesting, the original ending had Sonic transforming back to normal, leading the ghost girl to slap him. If anyone has them archived, please let me know; I'd love to see them again!

edit: Images fixed, sorry about that!

I remember too! It was on Pixiv but definately got removed. It was really funny too, how Raa slaps him and leaves a hand print yet he smirks XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Unleashedconcept56.png

sonic-unleashed-20081016111846043-2608591.jpg

The epicness and grandness of this shot was well preserved from concept to final rendering, imo. (I had the first pic as my desktop background back in 2008 now that I think about it, though, I swear it was wider. The one on the bottom is my current one for semi-nostalgic reasons.)

Cool Guuuuys don't look at Exploooosions!~

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok so this is an odd one that needs a bit of explanation.

Thats a page from Sonic the Comic, the Streets of Rage comic strip. It was painted by Peter Richardson. All the artwork here was done by him.... including the small image of Sonic & Tails in the Sonic 2 cameo to the side.

sor13-1.jpg

Now why do I post this?

Well... Mr Richardson was asked after his last streets of rage strip if he would do the artwork for a Sonic strip. Whilst he told me he would have done it. A day or two later he was offered a permenant job at another comic, his work at the time wasn't stable as he was mainly working freelance for several comics including fleetway, so the prospect of a stable long term job was too good to pass up.

So this little piece of Sonic artwork, is potentially what his comic strip might have looked like had he not been offered the job. He never outrightly said that he would have done the sonic strip like this. But considering it's his style and most STC artists at the time kept their style from comic to comic/strip to strip. It is possible that this streets of rage/noir style of artwork would have ended up in a Sonic strip at some point.

If anyone was wondering, yes thats a photo of the original artwork. And yes it is part of my collection.

• Thumbs Up 7

800px-SU_Black10.jpg

To bad the boss was pretty much just Quick Time events and boosting into one eyed snakes.

Hmm...

• Thumbs Up 4

To bad the boss was pretty much just Quick Time events and boosting into one eyed snakes.

Hmm...

the recent super sonic final bosses have been pretty poor anyway... Time Eater topped it all off as worst by far though

• Thumbs Up 7