Awoo.

Sonic Concept Art

Concept art of the Egg Carrier from Sonic Adventure.

And a concept of the Egg Carrier from Sonic '06.

Speaking of which, some artwork of Silver... or Venice.

sonic-the-hedgehog-20060926021705609.jpg

sonic-the-hedgehog-20060926021710905.jpg

sonic-the-hedgehog-20060926021652734.jpg

silver-concept-design.jpg

Ozkurt_Silver.jpg

AssetSupSilvInstruction.jpg

why they went with the cannabis head out of those designs is beyond me..

And a concept of the Egg Carrier from Sonic '06.

Speaking of which, some artwork of Silver... or Venice.

Ozkurt_Silver.jpg

Sonic 4's (Episode I) plasticy art style's got nothing on this.

• Thumbs Up 5

More Sonic CD concept art, showing Little Planet, and the land below.

607px-Sonic_CD_Mountain_Art.jpg

this picture~ aaaaaa~ <3

why they went with the cannabis head out of those designs is beyond me..
Honestly I think they're all terrible. Silver's fuck-ugly, sure, but TronZero the Hedgehog and Headband Spikesplosion aren't any better.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Honestly I think they're all terrible. Silver's fuck-ugly, sure, but TronZero the Hedgehog and Headband Spikesplosion aren't any better.

if you had to run with one of those designs though Dio... which would YOU have chosen?

@Super Soniko

*cough* Well this is Sonic 06 we're talking about D;

But still...I've read somewhere they went over 50 designs for him..uh...yeeaahh.

Eh,still wish they'd gone with the whole mink idea...but oh well,guess it's a bit too late for that now :/

Anyways,here's a lil' storyboard-to-final render process from a CG cutscene shot in Sonic Riders:ZG

28c3ju8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

This thread is one of the many reasons why people like Barry and I dream of the day Sega announces a real Sonic artbook like the ones Capcom release for all their games.... the ones which are about £20 each, contain several hundred A4 pages, the majority of which are just artwork with a small blurb of text.

And all printed on high quality glossy paper... in a hard back book... and... turning a page makes all your dreams come true.

This is a must buy.

This is a must buy.

Just think though.

This thread is full of the known stuff, theres also stuff we know exists but havn't seen in full yet. Like ALL the sonic zone concept maps. And those Sonic CD artworks which are supposed to be several meters long in length. I can only think of one that we have pics of, yet theres supposed to be a few... or so rumor says.

Just think though.

This thread is full of the known stuff, theres also stuff we know exists but havn't seen in full yet. Like ALL the sonic zone concept maps. And those Sonic CD artworks which are supposed to be several meters long in length. I can only think of one that we have pics of, yet theres supposed to be a few... or so rumor says.

But still, it would be great if SEGA did this. I love looking at Sonic concept art.

except we probably won't get an art book from SEGA... since they're conceited selfish fucks...

i really do want that artbook though... maybe we can forward the question to Iizuka?

if you had to run with one of those designs though Dio... which would YOU have chosen?
Out of those 3 sketches, I would have gone with the third. Trim the overgrown chest fur and it's a fairly clean design. I kind of like the slicked back spines on the right (relatively speaking, at least); I'd imagine that'd be his natural state, with the pot leaf only coming up when he's using his powers. And compared to the final design, the spines on the back of his head look smaller (and thus less ridiculous), and (maybe only because it's 2D) even the pot leaf looks better.
  • Thumbs Up 5

Comic Artist got their own cool concepts.

sally_and_mina_by_anubithefrog-d4ng9te.jpg

Cute sketches by Ben Bates. I rather like the way he did Sally here, merging classic with modern.

newmatildaconcept.png

Matilda Concepts.

2rpywy0.jpg

Death Egg MK 2 concepts.

I gotta look through my issues for more interesting pieces.

• Thumbs Up 7

@SuperSoniko

Just a day? how about a week, the amount of stuff thats there must be in the 1000's

Does anyone have the SILVER 'Mink' concept? dont think ive seen it.

I think we should push for SEGA to release something like you guys said. I mean 21 years worth of Concept drawings thats prob close to the 1000's be great to gather all that and sell it to the fans. I mean why they never did this last year is beyound me the final pages wouldve had concepts for SONIC 4 EPISODE 2 like teaser images.

• Thumbs Up 2

Concept art of various environments seen in Sonic Unleashed.

800px-SU_Black4.jpg

Unleashedconcept35.png

Unleashedconcept49.png

Unleashedconcept62.png

Unleashedconcept32.png

Unleashedconcept40.png

Unleashedconcept45.png

Unleashedconcept59.png

Unleashedconcept52.png

Edited by Fix-It Felix
  • Thumbs Up 5

Chip concepts;

090215_chip.jpg

The fish-like one with the legs is just...whaaaa? And the one at the bottom next to that wavy thing with the face looks Chansey-esque with the general shape and things on it's head. Chip being a bird is a mildly interesting idea.

And Sonic the Yetihog :lol:

blog0217_6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1