Awoo.

Sonic Concept Art

Boop. So while I was working on gathering info for a certain wiki, I came across this little piece of obscure Sonic art. It's for a Japanese app called Navitime. The Sonic artwork is pretty cute, and I don't really know where else to put this as it's not really 25th anniversaryish. :/

6iM3Tfhl.jpg

Way too cute! I wish there was one for Amy or Knux. :3

If you'd like to read a little blurb about it, 4gamer wrote an article not too long ago. They've also got wallpapers for Yakuza, PSO2 shtuff, and Puyo.

Edit: And found one more, this time from one of Sega's Symphony concerts.

oRkxQWim.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Awww! Look at dat wittle Chibi Sonic! Shame Tails or Amy didn't get one.

I'm guessing by the context of Sonic's poses and the symbols beside them, not to mention the obvious name, Navitime is some sort of GPS-esque application for Japan?

Oh yeah, they also had ones for Puyo Puyo, Yakuza and PSO2 + the Anime.

Yeah, I really like chibi Sonic in the Runner's game, I don't mind an actual game having that look.

9 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Awww! Look at dat wittle Chibi Sonic! Shame Tails or Amy didn't get one.

I'm guessing by the context of Sonic's poses and the symbols beside them, not to mention the obvious name, Navitime is some sort of GPS-esque application for Japan?

Yosh, it's just a scheduler with a customizable theme to make it fun. And for about $1.25 per skin, that isn't a bad deal I don't think.

And yis, I'd also be down for a game with art like this. x3 Kinda like that old old old 07 Sketchhog game, but with color would be da bom.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Woun said:

I really like this Big concept, so cute. Looks like Totoro.

XVy2HKs.jpg 

The top right one is badass, I can really imagine a Duke Nukem quote coming out of that one. The rest are just adorable.

2 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

ClxfRibVEAE3KSZ.jpg

Gamma, Cream and Blaze

This Blaze concept really looks like Tsundere lol 

Shadow's concept art... goodness. It really was no contest.

It'd be nice if they'd release all of it, since I'm sure there's a lot more. Didn't one of the newer characters go through like a hundred sketches?

Either way, I can't help but feel that some of SA2's concept artists went on to join deviantArt.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

tumblr_o9baycsajw1si2ouwo10_r1_400.png

Clxe65VUYAAlAcy.jpg

ClxfRibVEAE3KSZ.jpg

Gamma, Cream and Blaze

Seeing a mix of E-100 and the Egg Robo for proto-Gamma, and I kind of prefer Blaze's edgier look to her final, to be honest.

The lower rightmost one looks pretty cool, I think. If that were what she looked like when she got angry, it'd be real cool

edit: why do I keep adding "man" to the end of my sentences today

8 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Shadow's concept art... goodness. It really was no contest.

It'd be nice if they'd release all of it, since I'm sure there's a lot more. Didn't one of the newer characters go through like a hundred sketches?

Either way, I can't help but feel that some of SA2's concept artists went on to join deviantArt.

I think Yuji Uekawa designed all the Shadow designs... 

1 minute ago, Sparky said:

I think Yuji Uekawa designed all the Shadow designs... 

Thought I heard Hoshino having a hand in Shadow's conception during Sega's 2016 E3 presentation. Iizuka has said in the past how his creation was a team effort.

Just now, Treacher said:

Thought I heard Hoshino having a hand in Shadow's conception during Sega's 2016 E3 presentation. Iizuka has said in the past how his creation was a team effort.

Oh, okay then.

Just now, Woun said:

This Blaze concept really looks like Tsundere lol 

She still is pretty much that, that concept art really plays it up though.

Blaze is not that at all, really. She's just not a people-person, and she's hostile toward Sonic because he's a loud fucking dick. Other than that, she's really just loyal to the Sol zone.

• Thumbs Up 5