SM_Bonus_Zone.png

I think this was for X-Treme

SaconSonic_Concept.jpg

This was for SA

tumblr_m1rz7q1JKj1qdtw9eo1_1280.jpg

This was Either Sonic 2 or 3

Robotnikmodel1new.jpg

AOSTH

SonicXConcept12-7.jpgAnd a concept for Sonic's running in Sonic X, Here it is Animated:

anim_67718151-21ae-8554-c5a2-cb2f367cdded.gif

• Thumbs Up 9

Oddly enough, I've never seen actual concept art of Sonic with said fangs, only that one drawing(which isn't a concept, no doubt it was addressed to a friend or given out as a prize.) and the old, old Sonic Manga(though in which case they're less fangs and more mammalian teeth); in fact the artist seemed a bit too keen on flashing them off, making for some overly sneering or just plain awkward looking expressions. (interestingly in this comic, apart from the teeth, his design is pretty much final to the release of Sonic 1)

Somehow I always thought that Sonic had fangs when I was little him being an animal and all, and then the model in Sonic Adventure had fangs too. I guess they dropped it and Knuckles and Rouge are the only one with fangs now (though I think Shadow had them if I remember correctly).

fangs look stupid on Sonic anyway

How dared you?! jk jktongue.png

Just done looking at all the pages nearly saved everything lol

Happy that the concept art like the Marine one above was shown, I was trying to find it. Also the sketch of the Sonic 4 EP 2 logo was a nice surprise *saves* character concept art just interests me the most.

Edited by Zone Seeker
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh gosh that AoStH Robotnik concept art is lovely. You can tell the guys LOVED working on that show.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just raking through Hunters old concept art topic, here were some gems from it.

elenamacomber.jpg

massiveblack.jpg

Remember to thank Hunter TSF for them, not me.

Edited by Dr Spudhead
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3 concept art. Including character art of Knuckles, Sonic & Tails. And a tutorial on how to draw Sonic.

S3_concept-.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3 concept art. Including character art of Knuckles, Sonic & Tails. And a tutorial on how to draw Sonic.

S3_concept-.png

looks more like Sonic CD with added Knuckles work, Super Peel Out looks like Sonic's shoes from CD too, rounded and strap and buckle

:edit: is that SA Knuckles...? looks like his profile

Edited by Peacock

looks more like Sonic CD with added Knuckles work, Super Peel Out looks like Sonic's shoes from CD too, rounded and strap and buckle

The image of Knuckles on the bottom left looks like a sketch of Knuckles' redesign in Adventure, weirdly.
  • Thumbs Up 2

The image of Knuckles on the bottom left looks like a sketch of Knuckles' redesign in Adventure, weirdly.

Actually, it is:

Knuckles_Amy_Concept.jpg

Infact, I think it's got the exact same text around it, too.

EDIT: Yep, Exact Same Art:

anim_37c4db09-1269-cd74-315a-8007abce5a1a.gif

Edited by a person
  • Thumbs Up 1

above seems to be the original, whilst below seems to be photocopy and cropped on the same page as the rest of the SA junk

Confound this topic, making me run out of likes.

I just need to say that the AoStH Robotnik expression sheet is masterful. I love the "Draw Expressively, Not Well" note on the side. They followed that rule very well all through the shows' production, and in the end it showed with a show that was fun as shit, regardless of whether or not it was particularly well done.

More concept art from Sonic Jam.

CS_S_00.png

These are lovely!

Here's some Robotn..., I mean Eggman:

tumblr_m5bg5sc2ht1qdtw9eo1_500.png

I wonder what or who is he so in love with? Hummmmmmm.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

THIS ONE RIGHT HERE.

Look at Sonic's spines prick out when he's angry! That's the kind of emotion and exaggeration I want to see more of in the animation for the games. Sonic's a friggin' cartoon, he should emote like one!

Cartoon you say...

373181_322006097826691_454400710_n.jpg

Too bad this is the clasik sawnik and we'll never seen him again, remember? I'll have to stick with the derp modurn sawnik. Forever.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

Too bad this is the clasik sawnik and we'll never seen him again, remember? I'll have to stick with the derp modurn sawnik. Forever.

I think I'm slowly starting to prefer Classic Sonic over Modern Sonic. In terms of games & design.
  • Thumbs Up 2

the only animation i remember Sonic having emotion and body language like a toon was in the OVA, for example when Eggman is egging sonic on after metal robotnik crumbles revealing Sarah & Eggman, Sonic does this cat like motion where his whole body bristles and his fur/spines stand on edge before he runs towards them and is immediately stopped by Metal sonic...

The classic is full of win, a shame that the Genesis couldn't handle animations like that. Another shame is that the opportunity to do it was wasted (Sonic Generations), because SEGA made classic Sonic look just cute instead of a cute cock badass.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 6

There was this one Cancelled Sonic game for the Saturn (No not X-treme) Called Sonic Saturn.

Here's some concept art of one of the main baddies:

SonicSaturn_Concept_Cybernik_2.png

SonicSaturn_Concept_Cybernik.png

Now here's some Conceptual art of The game itself:

SonicSaturn_Background.jpg

SonicSaturn_Concept_Wetlands_Level.png

• Thumbs Up 2