Awoo.

Sonic For Hire

Soniman

I would probably like it more if I didn't have a bias against one of the creators.

Then again, I'm not really a big fan of dorkly to begin with.

The thing is mainly a way to bash the series on how it's been crappy, but other than that it's pretty funny. although I won't lie that half the series is pretty forced comedy. DAT ANGRY BIRDS EPISODE!

Edited by Sora
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Your TV is an old Dominick Wilkins poster. You're watching a poster."

"Fuck off, I love this poster."

I like the series, but I don't typically check for updates; I just watch it when someone else links the newest stuff to me. I did like the Mario as a mafia boss angle, and Soniqua's amazing though.

In my opinion, I find Dorkly getting running REALLY dry on jokes lately. A lot of his latest creations try too hard to be funny and just come off as flat. A lot of people have been noticing it lately on websites such as GoNintendo with some people avoiding the series from there.

I guess it isn't as bad as the other crap on youtube out there?

• Thumbs Up 1

Mixed feeling's about it. Some parts are somewhat funny and a few moments are hilarious. But some parts are just trying to hard to be funny to me.

I did get a total nerd boner when I saw that Mario's office was Mr.X's Throne room from Streets of Rage though. If that amounts to anything.

It's...ok. Funny enough to keep an eye on, but not much more than that. And kind of starting to drag a bit...there's only so many times that "*character* is a sociopath!" gets a laugh.

The thing is mainly a way to bash the series on how it's been crappy

First time I heard about this and I'm loving this show. Great thing is, you don't have to get all the references to enjoy them.

I think it's mainly because I can actually see Sonic being this assholish.

Edited by WIttyUsername

Its funny sometimes, other times the humor does seem forced. Its not bad, but it could be better.

Edited by Urban Flow

Really dislike this show. It's just overly vulgar and really has no reason to have Sonic in it. I love some toilet humor but this is Family Guy grade horse shit.

Hitting into the third Season, after the Mob Boss Mario thing, It's kinda like Family Guy in that sense. Starting to lose all the zing to it. Meh. At least it's on the Internet and not real television. I got a double standard for that.

It's pretty good, not 'laugh out loud' comedy for me, but's still pretty amusing to watch now and again.

I find it good, it gets some laughs from me now and then. I like the fact that after he gets rich, Tails's attitude towards Sonic is pretty much how Sonic reacts towards everyone about him. Not to mention the fact that Tails is capable of screwing Sonic over multiple times when he gets the chance. :P

It's okay, but I would rather take the dorkly voices away, they suck, so bland; no life in it! Some of the choices are interesting though, but the jokes are terrible for the most part

It started off incredibly funny and I absolutely loved it, now it's merely alright. In the most literal way, it's lost the plot about Sonic being for hire. It's sort of evolved into it's own little universe now, with "Penis Kirby", "Sonica" and a plethora of in-jokes.

Fryin' 'n' buyin', baby!

Only watched a few episodes but... ehh it's not really my thing. Some jokes have made me really laugh, but most of the time I just really hate stuff where they take a cheerful franchise and make the characters all really crude and pessimistic like this. And the fact that it's all sprite-based means it feels even more like it's tearing down characters I like and turning them into characters I hate.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've seen a few episodes, they aren't the funniest videos I've seen, but I admit, I laugh when they make a joke that I find funny. I don't really watch it much, I just watch it if I find it on Youtube by accident.

Even though I think the Series may Have Go down a bit Its still a great series And the jokes still crack me up

Its Good to see some originalty And not just Some random NES game charactar Moaning About Drugs.

Overall I think this Series Is great Joke wise but it seems when they make a more advanced plot The Series Seems to go Down Hill.

I think it's a funny series, though they do recycle their jokes to a criminal degree.

Like "oh snap, character A reacted to this new situation in the same way he did in an earlier similar situation thus subverting our expecations of a new twist on the same gag". See, that's only funny when you don't see it coming, and it's hard not to see it coming when you do that joke over and over across multiple seasons, and then again in Mega Man Dies At The End.

Steve hit the nail on the head. Its basically Family Guy humor with incredibly unlikeable character portraya--

created by LowBrow Studios
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well to be fair, I'm pretty sure the characters were intended to be unlikable.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've never seen an single episode or really have no interest in watching this series but for some reason it's always in my recommended videos on youtube...

Edited by sonfan1984

I've never seen an single episode or really have no interest in watching this series but for some reason it's always in my recommended videos on youtube...

No kidding? It's how I found it, haha :3

Steve hit the nail on the head. Its basically Family Guy humor

Well atleast it's not doing random flash backs and wasting money on shots of some obese man clutching his shin for 7 minutes after falling over and hurting it, because it's sure to make people go wild with laughter and joy....seriosuly. They could've used that time to move on to another segment in the show I hate those long drawn out moments that are 'supposed' to make us laugh hysterically.

As long as Sonic for Hire doesn't stoop to Big Bang theory tier humor I think I'll still enjoy it.

Edited by Alice

Watched some episodes of it a while back. Made me chuckle sometimes I watched an episode, but yeah. I have virtually no interest in the series nowadays.

Edited by Fix-It Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't really like this series that much, same goes for Dorkley bits. Forced jokes that have been stretched to a minute or two that are executed as well as a brick trying to be digested by a tapeworm.