Awoo.

Sonic For Hire

Soniman

... niiiice ending there.

They seem to be in a perdicament, but this is easy. Eggman just has to kiss Sonic, and it will bring him back to life. The last time a human did it it worked.

The fact he smells like death might be a hurdle, but that can be overcome by slipping a fried wallet into Sonic's mouth.

The joke has pretty much moved beyond that by this point, tho'. It's more, "we made Sonic and friends sociopaths".

Which is partially why I associate it with Family Guy.

Remember guys, to be funny, the humor must be vulgar and every character must be a sociopath. It is law. :v

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I think they still have plenty of humor in it. That Mario just shot Sonic point blank without any drama was hilarious because it defies all the norms. Never mind the ending of the most recent episode made me cackle wildly.

On the other hand, you have Crash Bandicoot set up as an antagonist and killed off the next episode. Such a waste of potential.

I think it's a mixed bag overall but it's interesting to see the take they have. Even if it has that nauseating  anti-1995 to 2008 slant at times.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

SFH isn't clever or witty, and it doesn't pretend to be. But I still watch it and laugh. Is it shit? Yeah, kinda. Do I care? Nope.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I despise the way they took the beautiful relationship Sonic had with Tails in the games and utterly raped it! That alone gives SFH a zero out of ten in my book.

Personally, I despise the way they took the beautiful relationship Sonic had with Tails in the games and utterly raped it! That alone gives SFH a zero out of ten in my book.

If you're going to be so butt-hurt about a parody like that, you may want to reconsider even using the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're going to be so butt-hurt about a parody like that, you may want to reconsider even using the internet.

I don't generally mind parodies, but there are some things you just don't mess with. SFH crossed the line in that regard, and that's why I hate it.

Edited by ElectroKyurem

I don't generally mind parodies, but there are some things you just don't mess with. SFH crossed the line in that regard, and that's why I hate it.

What makes Sonic and Tails' relationship so sacred that it can't be joked about?

I don't generally mind parodies, but there are some things you just don't mess with.

Yeah things like rape and the holocaust. Not making jokes about two characters from some video game series. Sonic and Tails (and their friendship) isn't something sacred, it's a pretty generic archetype, and this is a series that shits on everything.

• Thumbs Up 4

What makes Sonic and Tails' relationship so sacred that it can't be joked about?

Yeah things like rape and the holocaust. Not making jokes about two characters from some video game series. Sonic and Tails (and their friendship) isn't something sacred, it's a pretty generic archetype, and this is a series that shits on everything.

Are you insinuating that my hate is unfounded? I have every reason to loathe SFH. Sacred or not, the bond between Sonic and Tails is my single favorite thing about the games, and seeing it get ruined just for a cheap laugh makes me extremely pissed!

You don't have to like it but getting all indignant and offended by it is pretty damn dumb. Quit gettin' mad at dumb cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 2

SFH isn't clever or witty, and it doesn't pretend to be. But I still watch it and laugh. Is it shit? Yeah, kinda. Do I care? Nope.

I'm pretty much in the same mindset. I know it's terrible but I still watch it for Sonic the Asshole. I enjoyed the earlier episodes where it actually was Sonic doing odd jobs for various video game characters, and I do think taking it down a "story" route has made it a little less funny, but I still like the ridiculousness of Eggman, the bizarreness of Soniqua and the what-the-hell-is-Earthworm-Jim-doing-here-ness of well, EWJ.

It's not quality humour by all means but it's just a bit of fun.

Personally I like how this whole season's just been ludicrous with all the overuse of time travel. There are so many possibilities with that idea, though fortunately they did wrap that plot device up in the most recent episode.

To me, Sonic For Hire is basically Wreck It Ralph but with an M label; we're seeing the inner lives of video game characters behind their roles. If your series sells well, you're basically a high-paid actor. And similar to Wreck-It Ralph, the blur between your in-game personality and real life can be very blurry at times; see Eggman going back in time to beat Sonic so he could take over the world. It's a little coocoo but I always liked the "behind the scenes" concept with games.

So, as for the above debate: this means that Sonic and Tails are besties on the set. Whether they are or not depends when they're off of it.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

More like Sonic himself acting as an actor.

• Thumbs Up 1

More like Sonic himself acting as an actor.

Yes, this.

Every game we play is Sonic as an interactive movie, basically. Sonic For Hire's basically showing what he's like off the "set," and surprise surprise, he's just as much an apathetic douche as every other person.

Just like in Wreck-It Ralph though, the in-character and out-of-character can bleed together at times. Sometimes he's chasing Tails with a frying pan, other (rare) moments they actually have a semblance of friendship.

Sonic for Hire To Likely End After 7th Season

Machinima Series Suffering from Viewership Decline

With the sixth season of Machinima comedy series Sonic for Hire set to finish shortly, an announcement today on the short’s Facebook page alludes that the next series may be its last.

“Season Six is coming to a close! And the seventh and most likely the FINAL season of Sonic For Hire is coming this August,” read the message.

A further explanation in the post’s comments explains the series’ demise may be due to declining views.

“The biggest thing that could keep this series alive is more views,” reads a response from the producers. “Honestly. The more hits the episodes get, the more profitable it is for Machinima.”

Current figures of about 150,000 views an episode were cited.  An average of 500,000 views an episode is being sought to keep the series alive past next season.

We will let you know what happens with Sonic for Hire once a decision is official.

Not really a surprise. It's a great series which I enjoy very much, but there is only so much they can do to keep it fresh. They will have made about 76 episodes by the end of Series 6, so it's had a good run.

I like the series for it's silly humour and the fact they often include clips of retro games (and characters) from the 80's and 90's. 

- - - - -

Here are the two most recent episodes of Season 6:

Edited by -Bender-

500,000... from 150,000?

Eeeeyup, this show's going downhill, people. Let us savor it while it lasts.

I knew all that back and forth time travel would eventually have some disastrous effects.. they're not just altering time, they're altering reality itself by this point.

I really enjoy these small shorts they release in between episodes, gives each character their own screentime.

Edited by SoniTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

Season 6 episode: Things Get Messy

Did you spot the TARDIS?

Sonic: "I woke up with Mario's cock in my mouth". How appropriate with SEGA's partnership with Nintendo announced.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2