Awoo.

Sonic For Hire

Soniman

This is a special behind the scenes 'makings of' episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfVcFFJKyrI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUlLFG4uDxke_oBkZ78ktEog

The final ever episode will be released next week.

• Thumbs Up 1

Final episode of Sonic for Hire:

The Creator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95M4n3bgdAo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUlLFG4uDxke_oBkZ78ktEog

Up, Down, Left, Right, A & Start. Best level select code ever!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it was somewhat anticlimactic, but they had to end it somehow!

Mario's fate is hilarious. Payback is cruel indeed.

If nothing else, I like how even though he's God, Sonic rapidly gets bored with all the power. I... actually always imagined the real Sonic would be the same way. Even if he COULD somehow outdo say, Shadow in chaos power, or defeat Eggman for good, or etc. he wouldn't want to simply because he likes a challenge. Being omnipotent would take that away.

This awful travesty is finally over? All I can say is that it's about damn time! Sonic for Hire was unfunny, had no respect for the source material, portrayed Sonic as a sociopath, made Tails a villain for a whole season (and then spent the next season abusing him), and was objectively the worst thing ever!

Sorry if I sounded a bit extreme there, but I needed to vent. As you can probably guess, I utterly despised Sonic for Hire, and I'm glad it ended. Hopefully we won't see anything like it ever again...

Well, nothing as popular, probably, but stuff like that is fairly common in fanfiction with how it tends to grossly rewrite characters (which CAN work in some cases, but not always) and engage in hate fics.

It's a shame that it didn't make fun of in-universe stuff more but that's understandable; the premise was Sonic is a loser in the modern era, after all, with his own franchise being dead. Ultimately though, it probably wouldn't have gotten a larger audience so they went the "Sonic is a total asshole off the job" route.

I really enjoyed the series overall. Looking back it was more enjoyable than I remember. It has it's hit and miss moments but overall I liked the concept and it's main cast of characters. Big thanks to LowBrow for making it. 

• Thumbs Up 1