Awoo.

Videogame Facts And Secrets- Mind Is Blown!

Nintendoga

Oh, here's one:

If you pirate a copy of Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, the guy outside of the S.S. Anne will threaten you if you talk to him. "If you like this game, buy it or die."

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wow! Neat idea for a thread, I didn't know any of this. (Except for the Super Mario Sunshine one.)

ShiverBurn Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a few hard-to-see spectators...

640px-SMG2_SB_Beyonghellvalleysky.png

Creepy...

You know, those guys remind of Sl-I'm not going to say it.

Here's one from me! The minus world, from Super Mario Bros.

Min.png

The thing that creeps me out about it, is that it was formed all by itself, Nintendo didn't put it in there purposely, and it wasn't a scrapped level either, it was formed from the games materials all by itself, talk about weird.

Not really sure if this should be posted here or not though. XP

egg_7.jpg

The sheer irony of this easter egg is hilarious.

Gant Bridge. GTA San Andreas.

Ah, speaking of GTA, we surely mustn't forget "the Heart of Liberty City" from GTA4:

[media=]

• Thumbs Up 5

In the Super Mario Bros. manual, it says Bowser used dark magic to turn the denizens of the Mushroom Kingdom into blocks so they would pose no threat. Mario's main feature as Super Mario is to smash bricks with his fist.

• Thumbs Up 8

Link's Awakening,

When you find a Buzzblob (they're the green jelly enemies in DX) sprinkle some magic powder on them and they'll start saying this

Hey mon!"

"You know me, I like short names the best"

"It can display millions of polygons at one time"

"I definitely need it, as soon as possible!"

He's talking about the Nintendo 64. This game came out in 1993, the year the N64 started development.

ShiverBurn Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a few hard-to-see spectators...

640px-SMG2_SB_Beyonghellvalleysky.png

Creepy...

Same thing happens in Super Mario 3D Land, at any ghost house when you're at the flagpole area, run towards the gate behind the flagpole and you'll see them there for a few seconds. More noticeable in World 4-4

Edited by Nintendoga

On the Gamecube, using a Wavebird controller. If you hold the analog stick in one direction BEFORE you turn the controller on, the direction you held it in will now be the stationary position, and the stationary position is now the opposite direction from the way you held the stick.

In Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube, if you play the game with a PS1/PS2 controller to Gamcube adapter, Your field character will run 2-3 times as fast as he/she normally does.

In the Super Mario Bros. manual, it says Bowser used dark magic to turn the denizens of the Mushroom Kingdom into blocks so they would pose no threat. Mario's main feature as Super Mario is to smash bricks with his fist.

Truly Fridge Horror at it's finest.

Anyways, I remember playing an Amiga game many years ago that I really don't know the name of. It was a game in which you played a cop who's an investigator and you give him typed commands to get him to do things. I distinctly remember that if you typed "strip" into the command bar, he'd strip naked and the game would call you a pervert XD

What exactly are those things? I can't really tell. Or maybe they're supposed to be unrecognizable. (In before secret marketing towards new Nintendo IP)

EDIT: In response to the Galaxy 2/3D Land spectators. EDIT 2: I can Google

55229.jpg?v=1

"

Turns out the sky pattern for that area is called "BeyondHellValley." "Hell Valley" isn't the name of that level, or any level in

Mario Galaxy.

It doesn't even sound like something you'd find in a Mario game. As for the shapes themselves? They're called "HellValleySkyTree."

http://www.cracked.com/article_19172_8-creepy-video-game-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true.html

Edited by Mykonos

Speaking of Super Mario 3D Land...did you guys know there is a UFO in the game! A flippin' UFO! It's in World 1-3.

Wait for about 45 seconds in the level, and you'll see it! Pretty cool, and freaky.

• Thumbs Up 4

On the Gamecube, using a Wavebird controller. If you hold the analog stick in one direction BEFORE you turn the controller on, the direction you held it in will now be the stationary position, and the stationary position is now the opposite direction from the way you held the stick.

That's not a secret, it's you getting the controller all confused about what the neutral position is. The manual for Wii games even tells you about this for the Nunchuck, and I guess the Wavebird will too.

That's not a secret, it's you getting the controller all confused about what the neutral position is. The manual for Wii games even tells you about this for the Nunchuck, and I guess the Wavebird will too.

Oh? I never had it happen till recently, so I thought it was kind of funny.

And one of the Legend of Zelda dungeon maps look like a

3c6545d593c2d963f11744a8a94c309a.jpg

Oh dear.

To be fair, this symbol was (and still kinda is) a good-luck charm before... well, you-know-who tarnished it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think I've found that police investigator game easter egg;

I still distinctly remember my dad's copy of the game outright labelling you a pervert though.

• Thumbs Up 1

For all you Halo fans (aka the 7 or 8 of us fans up here)

The Halo Logo

granite_640.jpg

In between the A and L is a circle, that is actually the logo for Bungie's first FPS, Marathon

originalboxsticker.jpg

It's also found on

600px-Marathon_on_AR.JPG

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4