Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

He's alright I guess. When he's not being a 'lol so randumb' Reddit browser tier who's pandering towards the kids of today who think memes and reddit are so epic and funny.

His Sonic bashing annoys me because he comes off as some hipster who's stuck in the past.

Overall he's okay, wouldn't subscribe to him though.

I personally still prefer the Nerd.happy.png

He's okay, but during his skits (non-review parts) I just find he is trying too hard, also he needs to watch his audio levels they go way into ear rape territory.

Honestly I feel his angry ear raping parts makes the Nostalgia Critic sound as quiet as a mouse.

Edited by BW199148

"Sonic Colors gets JonTron's A/5. Go buy this game, Sega has redeemed themselves."

"Sonic Generations is a great game, and if you haven't played it you should go buy it. You won't be disappointed, they did a great job."

Sonic bashing ladies and gentlemen.

That's two games out of how many he's reviewed?

I mean, wow he only likes them because they remind him of the 'glorious genesis' Sonic's

Edited by Alice

He has never once claimed this.

His Sonic R video is a perfect example when he's showing all those sonic games and he's like "OH MAN SEGA SHOULD STOP MAKING SONIC GAMES"

All those games apparently happen to be post genesis games, go figure.

His Sonic R video is a perfect example when he's showing all those sonic games and he's like "OH MAN SEGA SHOULD STOP MAKING SONIC GAMES"

The video that was meant to lead up to his Sonic Colors one and where the games he actually showed were genuinely shit?

Yeah ok.

All those games apparently happen to be post genesis games, go figure.

*Post Dreamcast.

• Thumbs Up 6

The video that was meant to lead up to his Sonic Colors one and where the games he actually showed were genuinely shit?

Yeah ok.

Edited by Alice

What are opinions?

What are opinions? He's jumping on the modern sonic sucks bandwagon and has never played them (06 does suck)

Damn, I bet he's never even tried to have fun with them.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

JonTron is one of my favorite people.

We've got similar senses of humor, so that could explain him being like my favorite YouTube personality in like.. ever.

Completionist, PBG, and Continue? are awesome as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really like JonTron. He can be a bit too random and loud at times, but he's still funny and hyper. :3 His parrot is super cute too, aww!

I'm glad he hates the games I hate too ie Nuts and Bolts and Starfox Adventures. For some reason these games just don't get enough criticism. >_>

JonTron's pretty cool. Discovered him through Reddit when his videos were just taking off and I've followed him on YouTube ever since. The whole fast-paced goofy randomness of his videos is hilarious in a semi-juvenile kind of way. I always giggle like a kindergartener, that's for sure. =P

Unlike other people here, I found his Sonic crits pretty funny. They're not malicious in any way - they just point out the glaring flaws in the games as well as the recent track record of Sonic Team.

My personal favourite has to be the Bubsy Collection video.

"What could possibly go wrong?" "I dunno, you're pretty safe with the chapter one called 'Cheese Wheels of Doom', so I'm willing to wager that EVERYTHING COULD GO WRONG."

• Thumbs Up 5

The first I had ever heard of him was a thread on Sonic Retro pointing out that he had put Sonic 1 on his list of Top 10 overrated games. The whole video in general gave off an arrogant vibe to me, and I didn't care for a lot of his choices, so I just wrote him off as another annoying internet comedian.

A long while later though, I stumbled upon another video of his, and found it really funny. I wasn't completely sure it was the same guy who did the "overrated games" video, and I couldn't find it in his archive; I then found out that he had taken it down, deemed it an old shame, and made fun of how much he hated it in another video. I decided to give him another chance, and I've been a fan since; he's got some really funny stuff. My favorite video of his would have to be the Banjo Kazooie one.

• Thumbs Up 3

I never heard of this guy, but that review was fucking funny. And I hate youtube critics. I have to watch more!

I have Sean to blame for introducing me to this guy. I love him, and half of the reason is because of his reddit-style freak outs. They're made by the high-quality editing he utilizes: The actual captioning of his screams and stutters, nonsequitur animations, the perfectly timed jitters and jutters, twirling words and phrases, that goddamned pointing hand, and his other habits are just spot-on with the dialogue and are prone to cracking me up. But the dialogue on it's own is also funny; he has a knack for comedic timing and improvisation that I can't really compare to any other critic I've seen, and he has a very camera-friendly and affable nature on top of it that makes watching his videos easier to handle than his raging contemporaries. I don't see myself ever tiring of this guy if he keeps up the quality level he's at now. Now time to watch his Home Improvement review; I think that's my favorite one thus far. x3

• Thumbs Up 3

I love JonTron's show. And I want that bird. My favorite video of his is probably his "How To Play Counterstrike". Had me howling the whole time.

KICK RIGHT BACK!!!

I love this guy and squeal in joy whenever I see a new video of his pop up on Youtube, TGWTG, Blistered Thumbs and wherever (Oh yeah, I suppose he also has an official website, huh?).

And if you like JonTron then check out Peanut Butter Gamer, also from Normal Boots. He has a similar sense of humor, though he usually acts a bit more...sane, I guess is the word.

JonTron is my favorite internet celebrity, mainly because his videos actually make me laugh out loud on a regular basis. Not many other internet celebs can do that, some of the others being Peanut Butter Gamer and Nostalgia Critic, but JonTron is the best at it.

Not only is he a really smart guy when it comes to reviewing and analyzing games, he really shines as a video editor. His comedy often comes from his ridiculously hyper - yet well-done - editing, with misspelled words and funny pictures popping up in his vids constantly. I think that's what makes him so much funnier than most web celebs. He can tell a good joke straight, but he is a master at enhancing his humor through his editing.

Plus he's also the king of non-sequitir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjVpgAaHhCc

I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff, but I love it.

He lives in the city where one of my cousins lives. In fact, she was the one who pointed this out to me because she recognized the god damn park that plays in his intro sequence.

I want to stalk staaaaaalk buy him a drink someday. My favorite video is probably Dino City. You should know why.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't know what happened, but at one moment I hadn't heard about JonTron before and now I'm a raving fan. Just about all of his videos are near-perfect (if not perfect!) and it goes to show that there's still some talent and creativity on the internet.

Also, people should listen to Psyguy's interview with him on Wachow. It's good stuff, especially when they start re-enacting The Lion King:

EDIT:

And some of the best scenes:

Edited by Indigo Rush

The first I had ever heard of him was a thread on Sonic Retro pointing out that he had put Sonic 1 on his list of Top 10 overrated games. The whole video in general gave off an arrogant vibe to me, and I didn't care for a lot of his choices, so I just wrote him off as another annoying internet comedian.

• Thumbs Up 1