Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

I was close!

But yeah, cautious optimism.  The actual JonTron bits look good, but I hope the focus will be on the actual reviews with not too much fluff masquerading as plot in between, as tends to be the case when YouTube celebrities make movies and mini-series like these.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, love that the voice of Vader was freaking Kyle Hebert. XD

Thought it was pretty okay.  I think the Star Wars jokes dragged on a little bit too long, but I liked the review.

Yep. The whole time i was reminded of the AVGN episode about the Star Wars games, and only a few jokes put a smile on me. Hopefully the next videos will be better.

...Geez, you guys. :U

I thought it was great. The thing with Vader actually dumping the games on Jon made me laugh pretty hard. Also "NOT THE POOPY ONES" made me laugh like an idiot for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 4

there were some really good moments, but plenty of others where it was just "eh"

He glossed over the games way too fast; that said, I'd imagine this established the Star Wars narrative stuff, so that now it's out of the way he can put more time into, well, reviewing the games. Here's hoping.

• Thumbs Up 1

My lifetime partner in crime and best friend since childhood Dominic Ninmark is responsible for the music for this series it seems. Came as a huge surprise to me when I checked out the episode. His stuff is really good so if you liked the tunes in this episode be sure to check his page out.

Episode was kind of "eh" but I really never cared for Atari comedy. I've just never found much entertainment in many of the sterile production values.

Also an eh. Not much to say, some decent humor here ad there but nothing outstanding

Only laughed out loud once during the entire first episode. =/

Still though, it was cool seeing that one Ewoks game that I didn't even know existed.

It's nice to know more of Star Wars games and its history. Gonna be really interesting to see him play all the games.

Plus it's Jontron.

The video may not be as funny as his regular episode but entertaining nevertheless.

Honestly, I haven't watched it yet, and I'm kinda hesitant to. I love Jontron, but I hate it when reviewers incorporate sketches and story lines into their reviews, as I've never found myself enjoying them at all. It always comes across as cheesy, and even if intentional, it doesn't really make it better.

And everyone's reaction to it here only furthers my lack of interest in the review... It seems like even the jokes are kinda weak. I'm probably just gonna hold off for a while on this.

Honestly, I haven't watched it yet, and I'm kinda hesitant to. I love Jontron, but I hate it when reviewers incorporate sketches and story lines into their reviews, as I've never found myself enjoying them at all. It always comes across as cheesy, and even if intentional, it doesn't really make it better.

And everyone's reaction to it here only furthers my lack of interest in the review... It seems like even the jokes are kinda weak. I'm probably just gonna hold off for a while on this.

Jontron incroporates sketches and storylines into his reviews all the time though.  The only real difference here is that this time he has a fancy set for it.

It's definitely a longer intro than he usually does but that could easily be because it's part one of an overall longer thing.

I don't mind brief skethes here and there or an overall connecting theme to the review as long as it's brief and not detracting.  I just hate when there's a huge, detailed plot, like in Linkara's videos.  I mean, I love his videos.  I just really can't get into the plot of it at all for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't mind brief skethes here and there or an overall connecting theme to the review as long as it's brief and not detracting.  I just hate when there's a huge, detailed plot, like in Linkara's videos.  I mean, I love his videos.  I just really can't get into the plot of it at all for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually don't mind the skits in Starcade that much, especially since this was the Atari era where games were more or less 1 trick ponies.

Sure it was padding but there's worst ways to waste viewers time; at least Jontron does something comical to fill in the blanks.

Jontron incroporates sketches and storylines into his reviews all the time though.  The only real difference here is that this time he has a fancy set for it.

It's definitely a longer intro than he usually does but that could easily be because it's part one of an overall longer thing.

I am aware of that, but they're usually not that long. I never cared for long sketches in reviews, It's one of the reasons why I haven't watched the Nostalgia Critic in a good while.

I dunno, I might watch it in the future, but most of the reactions I've been seeing don't seem to be all that positive.

Eh, I don't mind the filler, because it's actually hilarious. Vader in particular is a riot, I haven't been amused by a JonTron video like this in ages.

• Thumbs Up 1

Were people really thinking that Starcade would be replacing regular JonTron episodes?  Like, I figured it was just a mini-event to coincide with the new Star Wars movie, similar to how the Nostalgia Critic has a Star Wars month, a Matrix month, etc.  Not sure where it was ever indicated that he would only do Star Wars things, and it's not like there's even enough Star Wars games to even keep a channel consistently running for more than a year unless he really takes his time.

Were people really thinking that Starcade would be replacing regular JonTron episodes?  Like, I figured it was just a mini-event to coincide with the new Star Wars movie, similar to how the Nostalgia Critic has a Star Wars month, a Matrix month, etc.  Not sure where it was ever indicated that he would only do Star Wars things, and it's not like there's even enough Star Wars games to even keep a channel consistently running for more than a year unless he really takes his time.

No, not at all. I was just complaining about skits overall, not just JonTron.

No, not at all. I was just complaining about skits overall, not just JonTron.

I was referring to what Jon was addressing in the video above, not anyone here. ^^

• Thumbs Up 2