Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

I was referring to what Jon was addressing in the video above, not anyone here. ^^

Oh. Sorry. 

I'm glad to see Jon's back on his feet making more videos, especially with the new addition of Starcade.

I'm not sure if anyone's brought this up but:

Isn't anyone here a bit curious as to what really happened with Game Grumps?

I'm glad to see Jon's back on his feet making more videos, especially with the new addition of Starcade.

I'm not sure if anyone's brought this up but:

Isn't anyone here a bit curious as to what really happened with Game Grumps?

It's pretty easy to find out what really happened to Game Grumps through off-the-record statements. Not that it honestly matters because Grumps at this point has gone on for longer without Jon than it has with it, and Jon and Arin made amends recently.

It's pretty easy to find out what really happened to Game Grumps through off-the-record statements. Not that it honestly matters because Grumps at this point has gone on for longer without Jon than it has with it, and Jon and Arin made amends recently.

They did? Was this on reddit?

The thing is, Jon and Arin never had a problem with each other. Polaris were apparently the ones being the problem because they wouldn't let Jon continue his show if he sighed the contact to be with them (he would have to stay on Game Grumps), but quite frankly Arin and Jon have stopped caring about it and still talk about each other, have fun at Magfest etc.Going back to his calling was the best thing for him so he could keep his own show without Polaris taking a share from it and be back home (he said pretty often how much he hated LA).

The thing is, Jon and Arin never had a problem with each other. Polaris were apparently the ones being the problem because they wouldn't let Jon continue his show if he sighed the contact to be with them (he would have to stay on Game Grumps), but quite frankly Arin and Jon have stopped caring about it and still talk about each other, have fun at Magfest etc.Going back to his calling was the best thing for him so he could keep his own show without Polaris taking a share from it and be back home (he said pretty often how much he hated LA).

the amends had all the look of a PR stunt, but sure

I mean yeah.

I know for a fact that Arin is the one who's more interested in starting conversation back up with Jon.

That said I'm not exactly at the liberty to talk about what I know. It's not my place, all I can say is that it's fairly easy to suss out what "happened" if you know where to look.

But again, at this point it's a fairly irrelevant issue to have to dig back up. Jon and Arin have done a good job in forging their own paths without one another and personal indifferences aside, they really have no bearing on current progress of each other. It's all gossip beyond that point that has no influence on the way they work.

To put it bluntly they're at the point where they can respect the situation, which is a lot more than what you can say about Greg's disastrous fallout with Jirard over at TOVG and The Completionist.

They did? Was this on reddit?

They took photos together at MAGFest and have shown occasional visible Twitter conversation so basically yes.

Jon hops in the pilot's seat for more Starcade.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, surprisingly short. Must be doing these episodes on a game-by-game basis.

Oh, dammit, I had a feeling Polaris was the the main problem. Considering Jon was already connected to NormalBoots for JonTron, it would've seemed strange if Polaris let him work on a show for another Youtube network.

All this waiting for a 5-minute episode? And it was not very good tbh...

Hopefully third episode is better

• Thumbs Up 1

That weird flying skit with The Magic School Bus or whatever was really lame and almost modern Nostalgia Critic-tier. Everything involving the game itself was really funny, though. All in all, great episode as always.

Is it wrong to say I enjoyed this episode more than the first one?

Did he even touch on the gameplay in that episode?  I feel he spent a lot of time commenting on the cutscene but didn't show us any actual gameplay footage?  Did I miss it?

Also, R.I.P. in piece Arnold from the Magic School Bus.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that's a damn good beat. Gonna be on my playlist for forever, now.

Jon also made a appearance in the new Songify the News, where he further demonstrates that he should really be some sort of fucking full-time singer by now.

Wow! Schmoyoho and Jontron. I though I'd never see that. You should watch some of their works. I think the most known one is the song "Winning" they made with Charlie Sheen's interview

tumblr_nha8xdcXMF1sodlxjo1_400.gif

I'm downloading this song RIGHT NOW.

It's glorious!

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno about you guys, but I enjoyed this episode of Star Cade.

If he's reviewing every Star Wars game, does this mean the Soul Caliber game with Star Wars and Disney Infinity 3.0 will be looked at?

Might be because I'm watching this in the hospital, but I laughed hard at this episode. Those death animations. So horrifying!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit late posting this, but JonTron's got some 'splaining to do regarding StarCade:

Basically, the entire series is now in post production, and will be released around every two weeks as opposed to one a month or so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay! More JanTran!

I love the StarCade series, personally. Especially because I'm in a bit of a Star Wars phase at the moment. Of course, it's also good to know that the Starcade reviews will be coming in a quicker and regular basis. That means it'll end soon, and more regular Jontron episodes can be made. Again, I love Starcade but I know people want more than just Star Wars from him right now.