Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

http://gizmodo.com/popular-youtuber-jontron-has-some-batshit-crazy-thought-1793231221

qrJO1ei.jpg

yXqHWdH.jpg

He then took part in a 2hour long debate which can be found here...

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/128362374?t=10m

Highlights...

- Foreigners dilute the gene pool
- Black crime in America is the same as in Africa (like, he fuckin' brought this up TWICE)
- Racial issues can be summed up via mixing different colors of paint
- Statistical data means nothing because Clinton lost the election
- Destiny wants to kill black people
- Black Lives Matter is a violent organization
- the richest black man commits more crimes than the poorest white man
- Tribalism is a valid theory
- Immigrants are destroying every single country they are let into
- America is gonna become Mexico
- Racism is over
- Muslims are organizing to make it seem like Christians are protesting abortion clinics

White 20/30-something middle class American dude with no real understanding of perspectives outside of those very similar to him (i.e. other white 20/30-something middle class American dudes) or whatever media hubs he agrees with says dumb shit that has little to no basis or application in reality. More at 11.

He's the son of two Iranian immigrants. It's absurd that he can think some of this shit.

I'd like to think he can change, and I'm sure over time he can, but I'm done. Dude's out of his mind and needs a reality check. 

• Thumbs Up 5

"If being a minority is such great thing, why does nobody else seem to want to be in it?"

...wut?

Jesus fucking Christ, screw this guy. I'm sorry if you're a fan and get pissy at people stopping support of him, but I am DONE even trying with him. He knows the shit he's saying has no actual evidence to back it and knows who's he's wanting to support, so looks like he's just making that line clear and wide

He sure made a massive effort to avoid admitting to racism. Not that it matters, as he's made it blatantly obvious to anyone willing to accept it.

Just, fuck me. Where does this nonsense stem from. He couldn't back up any point (and I use that word very loosely) and deflected and danced around every attempt made by Destiny to simply state what his argument was about.

I've never seen any of his videos (and had never heard of Destiny for that matter) and therefore have no attachment to the guy at all, but even so I can never not be incredibly disappointed to hear such delusional bigotry from influential personalities.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, I'm done too. I didn't care about the whole "retarded" controversy a couple years back. I mean yeah, he behaved like a child, but I wasn't exactly impressed by the other side either so, for me, the two sides cancelled each other out and I quickly forgot about it. The weird feminism/SJW rant from a few weeks back? My philosophy was (and generally speaking still is) I didn't care about a creator I like having differing political opinions so long as they kept it out of their videos. So I was still willing to watch, but I did unfollow his Twitter because eugh. This? Nope. Even if he actually makes another video in 8 months and it's HILARIOUS, it will be completely and utterly tainted. And something tells me I won't even be able to view his older stuff (not even the Game Grumps stuff) without this overshadowing it.

But you know what really kills me? I think back to about five or six years ago when Noah Antwiller (aka SpoonyOne) had his big Twitter meltdown (which, incidentally, seems to have all but killed his career in hindsight) and I remember him directly telling Jontron to fuck off on Twitter. At the time, Jon was the new, up-and-coming wacky guy we all loved, and he always cited Spoony as a massive inspiration. There was something genuinely heartbreaking about seeing such a likeable guy get slapped by one of his idols.

And now? Jon has managed to surpass Spoony in the art of douche-ness. I don't know how we reached this point, but here we are. Imagine if a time traveler from the future appeared and said, in five years, PeanutButterGamer is going to be literally defending Hitler. It sounds impossible to believe, and yet, well, that's basically what's happened here.

Just fuck, man.

• Thumbs Up 2

Jon laughing while he was talking to Destiny, over and over made me grind my teeth every time it happened. He sounds soooo smug and like a total ass. I don't think I would have been able to keep my patience the way Destiny did. Like soooooo much shit Jontron was saying was unbelieveable. I can't even deal. And it really burns my ass to hear him saying it when he's only a 2nd generation immigrant.

Like does he not see the hypocrisy? Personal story digression: My grandparents migrated to australia from Albania (both sides) and had to go through a lot of racist shit, my grandmother's brother moved to america and got drowned in a public pool by either communists or racists. My parents, even both born in australia, both relatively "white" looking still had to go through a lot of racist shit growing up in the 70s and 80s, which is not that fucken long ago tbh!  obv not as bad as being black or aboriginal in australia, or black in in america, but it's kinda comparable to the shit italians/irish got in america i guess, and I can't simply believe someone from a similar background is saying all this shit...

• Thumbs Up 8

Thank you for watching Jontron. If you wanna support the show, go to Audible dot com and type in offer code MAGA for a free 30 day trial. This month I'm reading Mein Kampf

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a shame really. I like his videos really...but this kind of statements are unforgivable famous or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

It really baffles me that the son of Middle Eastern immigrants can be so out of the loop with how bullshit the alt-right ideology is. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I know from just a few minutes that Jon has some seriously idiotic beliefs. One thing that stood out to me in the highlights was how he said Irish people were never not European whites. Coming from a family of Irish and Scottish immigrants...did he not read a fucking history book? Every generation there's punching bags, back in the late 1800s and early 1900s it was the Blacks and the Irish, then they added the Italians. Today it's the hispanic immigrants and muslim refugees while they also go back to give their favorite old punching back (black people) a one-two frequently.

• Thumbs Up 9

10 hours ago, Solly said:

He's the son of two Iranian immigrants. It's absurd that he can think some of this shit.

The problem is, he apparently has also had very bad experiences with said parents, because, in his own words, "they were assholes who just happened to love me" and were quite abusive - not because of anything specific to their race or ethnicity, mind you, but they were apparently somewhat abusive towards him and suffered from something that caused them to take their anger out on him.

That doesn't really excuse him being a shithead, but still.

• Thumbs Up 4

I still watch and enjoy his stuff. My not like all his ideas but his videos help get me through the work day. Alt right alt left regardless both are idiot sides and both have equal amounts of hate in them.

Well, if "demographic invasion" is what he's worried about, I suppose that's karma for invading someone else's land, killing the natives and planting a flag there, on top of kidnapping innocent people from across the ocean for the sake of enslaving them. I have no sympathy for paranoid white people.

• Thumbs Up 5

@Meta77

Alt right alt left regardless both are idiot sides and both have equal amounts of hate in them.

Please tell me you didn't pull the flimsy "alt-left" excuse trying to justify a side that clearly embraces their own white supremacist nature and ideology, becuase let's be honest, even if "alt-left" were that much of a thing, it's a fools errand trying to claim that there is such an equivalency in such atrocities, let alone trying to defend Jon Tron for this latest shit spectacle.

• Thumbs Up 3

@Meta77

Please tell me you didn't pull the flimsy "alt-left" excuse trying to justify a side that clearly embraces their own white supremacist nature and ideology, becuase let's be honest, even if "alt-left" were that much of a thing, it's a fools errand trying to claim that there is such an equivalency in such atrocities, let alone trying to defend Jon Tron for this latest shit spectacle.

The Klan  originally came from the left and then moved to the right. No I can't defend what Jon said but how us hating him going yo change anything.  It won't. You can hate him all you want yet he still has millions of followers. All it is today is a volleyball match of oh you hate us well we hate you right back. My personal stance in politics is i don't let feelings override common sense. I'm blacker detest blm as they are a hate filled group. There are those who want better treatment but do so without rioting. Wonder where they disappeared to?. I think we need and should allow immigrants from all over but not free will open borders. If you think that leave your door to your house unlocked when you go to work. Issues are to be debated.  we may not agree on everything but I'm not going to stop watching something just cause of someone's political views.  Not everyone is going to agree on things. That's what makes us human.  live and let live my risky boots friend

The Klan  originally came from the left and then moved to the right. No I can't defend what Jon said but how us hating him going yo change anything.  It won't. You can hate him all you want yet he still has millions of followers. All it is today is a volleyball match of oh you hate us well we hate you right back. My personal stance in politics is i don't let feelings override common sense. I'm blacker detest blm as they are a hate filled group. There are those who want better treatment but do so without rioting. Wonder where they disappeared to?. I think we need and should allow immigrants from all over but not free will open borders. If you think that leave your door to your house unlocked when you go to work. Issues are to be debated.  we may not agree on everything but I'm not going to stop watching something just cause of someone's political views.  Not everyone is going to agree on things. That's what makes us human.  live and let live my risky boots friend

I'm sorry that we're all not unfeeling robots like you :\

• Thumbs Up 1

A robot would probably feel more at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol it's all good I take no need from no one ;). The world keeps spinning. If you like to feel go out and do good deeds. Give what you make at work away to charity or a go fund me. Life's to short to lose sleep over one guys views

The Klan  originally came from the left and then moved to the right.

@Meta77

You want to talk history, that's fine, but don't confuse the past with the present. I won't deny that the Democrats used to be the slave-holding side, and yet, here we are now with them supporting the beliefs of Lincoln more so than his own Republican party do now.

No I can't defend what Jon said but how us hating him going yo change anything.  It won't. You can hate him all you want yet he still has millions of followers. All it is today is a volleyball match of oh you hate us well we hate you right back.

Pffft, I remember back in the day when people were saying nothing would bring Spoony down with circumstances like that.

Any idiot can have a ton of followers. Now why that should intimidate people from rightfully calling him out, is beyond me, especially in a circumstance like this.

There are those who want better treatment but do so without rioting. Wonder where they disappeared to?.

You mean the ones peacefully protesting, marching , etc that you've also complained about in the past? Yeah, they're still out and about pal.

I'm blacker detest blm as they are a hate filled group.

Assuming you meant to say that you're black and you detest Black Lives Matter, well big whoop. There were defeatist African Americans who supported slavery themselves back in the day too.

And let's be honest, claiming that a group who's main goal is for equal treatment in the face of lesser treatment, police brutality, and a long list of transgressions that minorities face is a hate group, you've lost a great deal of credibility as Jon Tron has in these past few days.

I think we need and should allow immigrants from all over but not free will open borders. If you think that leave your door to your house unlocked when you go to work.

That's waaaay too black and white a viewpoint. Especially when our own president tried to pull the opposite extreme with the Muslim Ban.

Issues are to be debated.

Which contradicts your earlier stated notion that there's no point in trying to confront anyone with millions of followers, or even bother protesting against injustices. Y'know stuff that can actually get the ball rolling for such.

• Thumbs Up 2