Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

@Meta77

You want to talk history, that's fine, but don't confuse the past with the present. I won't deny that the Democrats used to be the slave-holding side, and yet, here we are now with them supporting the beliefs of Lincoln more so than his own Republican party do now.

Pffft, I remember back in the day when people were saying nothing would bring Spoony down with circumstances like that.

Any idiot can have a ton of followers. Now why that should intimidate people from rightfully calling him out, is beyond me, especially in a circumstance like this.

You mean the ones peacefully protesting, marching , etc that you've also complained about in the past? Yeah, they're still out and about pal.

Assuming you meant to say that you're black and you detest Black Lives Matter, well big whoop. There were defeatist African Americans who supported slavery themselves back in the day too.

And let's be honest, claiming that a group who's main goal is for equal treatment in the face of lesser treatment, police brutality, and a long list of transgressions that minorities face is a hate group, you've lost a great deal of credibility as Jon Tron has in these past few days.

That's waaaay too black and white a viewpoint. Especially when our own president tried to pull the opposite extreme with the Muslim Ban.

Which contradicts your earlier stated notion that there's no point in trying to confront anyone with millions of followers, or even bother protesting against injustices. Y'know stuff that can actually get the ball rolling for such.

You can debate but honestly people are going to do what they do. They had a recall on ice cream a few weeks ago. I still ate some "wasnt" on the list but same company. Your right though many if my views are highly black and white. I have feelings but I'm more the stick and stone compared to what seems today "and everything else can hurt me

No one cares whether or not Jon changes his mind. No one cares whether you wanna get listeria either. Do dumb things and expect to hear people's opinions about it. If you don't like that, don't flaunt the dumb things you do.

• Thumbs Up 8

You can debate but honestly people are going to do what they do.

And people continuing to do or say detestable things in spite of times changing can expect the consequences too. Not too hard to grasp.

And people continuing to do or say detestable things in spite of times changing can expect the consequences too. Not too hard to grasp.

I can agree with this

No one cares whether or not Jon changes his mind. No one cares whether you wanna get listeria either. Do dumb things and expect to hear people's opinions about it. If you don't like that, don't flaunt the dumb things you do.

Lol and expect to hear my opions as well XD lol.

Your opinions amount to little more than false equivalencies and flaunting how much you're above it all despite how little you ultimately know about politics and sociology compared to both sides of the aisle. You can state them, but why when it's apparent you don't care to engage beyond that every time a controversy comes up?

• Thumbs Up 7

I assure you I know more about politics then you. I've been involved with in that awful world since birth. My family has been involved with it. I've met senators I've met Clinton I've met bush I've talked about issues facing cities. Till you do this than you can say I don't know about them. I'm just very very uncaring about a lot I guess at this point I'll admit that. I just don't bottle anger up like you seem to do or think I may hate people. I dont. I'm simply bad at discussing facts on a Mobile phone during my workday. Honestly I just enjoy coming here to see everyone talk and I myself quip in every now and again. Lol honestly at the end of the day I think your all sweel people regardless of viewpoints?

I assure you I know more about politics then you. I've been involved with in that awful world since birth. My family has been involved with it. I've met senators I've met Clinton I've met bush I've talked about issues facing cities. Till you do this than you can say I don't know about them. I'm just very very uncaring about a lot I guess at this point I'll admit that. I just don't bottle anger up like you seem to do or think I may hate people. I dont. I'm simply bad at discussing facts on a Mobile phone during my workday. Honestly I just enjoy coming here to see everyone talk and I myself quip in every now and again. Lol honestly at the end of the day I think your all sweel people regardless of viewpoints?

You've been here on this forum for god knows how long and have NEVER had a genuine intellectual political conversation that didn't come down to you just going "I'm gonna stay out of this" or whatever.

and considering the stances you do have and your lack of supporting evidence to back those claims...yeah I think nep still has you beat

• Thumbs Up 4

Even if any of that was verifiable, meeting people has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you actually know their area of expertise. My mom is a nurse and I know shit about nursing. You claim to know politics but think the KKK was once a Democratic organization by modern standards. You have failed numerous times to prove you understand the socioeconomic implications of racism in America and handwave the statistics and it with "Well, I'm black and I don't experience anything so obviously racism doesn't exist." You call BLM a terrorist organization. You lok at people threatening others with bigoted language and then tell the victims to get over it because "You can't change minds". Being on a phone has nothing to do with it either. Literally every time we've talked you've either been factually wrong on something, callously apathetic of not outright hostile to minorities, or both. And yet you're actively proud of this because you're not angry about it, as of being a happy accessory to bigotry is something virtuous top uphold.

You literally do nothing in these threads except show your ass and then bookend it with how much you supposedly respect us, when frankly I don't think you actually do respect me or anyone else.

Haha your free to think of me as you please. I don't lose a beat in my step nep it's all good. But we are drifting quite off topic. Main point is I still like jon regardless. And lol nah I respect you.  You just get very angry fast. Me I'm literally in a meeting talking on a sonic forum XD

And your right kh I've been with ss from the start. Though I say back then I was very argumentivie more so than now. Regardless while you two can bash on me till the sun comes up shall we move back to jon as a person

There's nothing wrong with defending a point you feel should be defended or has merit. If you're easily giving up on this with no effort, then clearly you must have no actual ground to support your claims and help people better understand your point.

Checked out his twitter for the first time today in like a month and saw this hot take.

I like how he says this as if he wouldn't be sitting in an echo chamber screaming conspiratorial garbage regardless.

32 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

They aren't?

f3d7fe4b7934ce9677ef949cc2dc76d3.gif

18 hours ago, Meta77 said:

we may not agree on everything but I'm not going to stop watching something just cause of someone's political views.

Pretty sure this transcended "political views" somewhere around the point of "immigrants are diluting the gene pool".

• Thumbs Up 9

25 minutes ago, Candescence said:

If BLM can be called "terrorists" (yeah right ahahahaha), you can sure as hell say many, many more right-wing/white supremacist organisations and individuals are, too. Islamic terrorism in the US is fucking harmless compared to the amount of lives lost to domestic terrorism by right-wing nutjobs.

Hell, if you're talking about riots, BLM protests are tame compared to riots occurring over freaking sporting events. You yanks take your damn sports way too seriously.

Yeah, because there's a multitude of white supremacist far-right terrorists out there actively committing violence to achieve a political, rioting in the god damned street, and are actively funded by individuals that actively seek to undermine our society. I just see them all over the place.

Oh good. Another BLM debate that's probably gonna go nowhere and ignore common fucking sense and statistics. (At least regarding a certain side of by debate, won't say which)

10 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Yeah, because there's a multitude of white supremacist far-right terrorists out there actively committing violence to achieve a political, rioting in the god damned street, and are actively funded by individuals that actively seek to undermine our society.

Wasn't that 2008 when Obama was elected?

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Wasn't that 2008 when Obama was elected?

That would fucking be news to me. I don't remember fucking riots when Obama stepped into office.

7 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

That would fucking be news to me. I don't remember fucking riots when Obama stepped into office.

AHAHAHAHA yeah I'm gonna leave now lol

giphy.gif

guess that must've just been fake news 

Yeah, you do that. At the very least, Black Lives Matter is a hate group that actively victimizes whites and police officers.

Now then, to get back on topic, regardless of what you think of Jontron, you have to admit that Destiny's DMCA temper tantrum is fucking unacceptable. It only proves that he only won against JonTron, because JonTron's never done this sort of thing before.

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Oh good. Another BLM debate that's probably gonna go nowhere and ignore common fucking sense and statistics.

I agree, so I'm not quite sure why you posted anyway?

7 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

People certainly protested. "Riots" might be an exaggeration, much as it is with regards to BLM. Weird how that works, huh?

Admittedly, I can't say I'd be willing to write off a movement solely because some Starbucks windows got broken or whatever, but I digress. If we started getting into #discourse like that we might as well head on over to the politics thread.

2 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Now then, to get back on topic, regardless of what you think of Jontron, you have to admit that Destiny's DMCA temper tantrum is fucking unacceptable.

the who and the what now

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Celestia said:

People certainly protested. "Riots" might be an exaggeration, much as it is with regards to BLM. Weird how that works, huh?

Excuse me? Are you going to call what happened at Ferguson, Dallas, Baltimore, Milwuake and many others just "protests"? Because smashed ATM's, broken windows, burning cars, and bricks thrown at cops are just protests guys.

Black Lives Matter is a religion of peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are corrupt police officers, all police are evil and racist and kill blacks. Some muslims hate and kill gays so all muslims hate gays. See I can blanket people and groups  based on the actions of others too.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, KHCast said:

There are corrupt police officers, all police are evil and racist and kill blacks. 

This is literally the platform that Black Lives Matter is based on lol.

Just now, shdowhunt60 said:

This is literally the platform that Black Lives Matter is based on lol.

It really isn't if you actually went off more than what conservative general opinion is. Look up their actual goals, and see what they've positively done. They're working with police in some cities to better the communities 

• Thumbs Up 2