Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Lol I'm not going anywhere by a long shot. I enjoying reading what people "wish" or "want" to happen to him. But deep down know none of us have even a smidget of power on anything he does

No... see... you say you're not going anywhere. 

But the fact is you have.

You've made it clear in this and other topics that frankly you don't care about much of anything unless it directly affects you.

If this is just tied to you or whatever ethnic background or religious background you have remains to be seen.

So let's just go with the lesser of those. If it directly affects you. 

Since thelse remarks are about specific groups of people you're not in. Your argument so far is just worthless and contributing to nothing.

Meaning what uselse is there in talking with you on the issue of any topic unless it's a specific issue that affects you directly?

Even if you were arguing or debating a pro kick out the non whites stance or whatever it is that this guy is saying since based off his tweets I'm not sure even he knows, it would probably still have more value for a conversation 'than lol don't care I have a Nintendo switch.'

Same would be true if you took affects extreme left wing stance.

With either one of those we can actually have a conversation. But doing what you're doing right now is probably worse in respect because all your doing is sarcastically mocking people who want to have the debate regardless as to what side they're on.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

First/second generation immigrants and people from the Middle East being two groups well known for their liberal and inclusionary viewpoints, apparently

Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not holding him to some higher moral standard because of his heritage. I just normally wouldn't expect him to have such a paranoid view of immigration, given his family history.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

No... see... you say you're not going anywhere. 

But the fact is you have.

You've made it clear in this and other topics that frankly you don't care about much of anything unless it directly affects you.

If this is just tied to you or whatever ethnic background or religious background you have remains to be seen.

So let's just go with the lesser of those. If it directly affects you. 

Since thelse remarks are about specific groups of people you're not in. Your argument so far is just worthless and contributing to nothing.

Meaning what uselse is there in talking with you on the issue of any topic unless it's a specific issue that affects you directly?

Even if you were arguing or debating a pro kick out the non whites stance or whatever it is that this guy is saying since based off his tweets I'm not sure even he knows, it would probably still have more value for a conversation 'than lol don't care I have a Nintendo switch.'

Same would be true if you took affects extreme left wing stance.

With either one of those we can actually have a conversation. But doing what you're doing right now is probably worse in respect because all your doing is sarcastically mocking people who want to have the debate regardless as to what side they're on.

It's possible I just can't understand racism perhaps. I may need be tackled I guess.  yes I'm in a minority group but thing is my family is mixed and multiple cousins of all races and recently learned different religions. And I love them all the same. We joke we work. Sure we may not be on top of everything but we just never have let things like what jontron say affect us. If anything it's a good laugh in thanksgiving. If anything if it would make you all or at least the more we want to discuss this with you although you know deep down your minds made up on the matter regardless. That yes I'm not the best at back and forth and I'm pretty float around sides. I'll admit that as a annoying fault of mine.

Also just say topic lol not topics lol. Only two that I post I see you on to debate is this and merica thread lol

Everything else for the most part seems most us get along

1 hour ago, Solly said:

Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not holding him to some higher moral standard because of his heritage. I just normally wouldn't expect him to have such a paranoid view of immigration, given his family history.

Then you didn't actually get my point. It's not really surprising at all that someone whose parents were immigrants themselves, and Middle Eastern ones at that, would have extremely right wing views about immigration. It's similar to why, for example, people who live in the United States after fleeing Cuba tend to be so easy for GOP politicians to court.

2 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Oh no! The horror! They're using words!

Ask all of the dead officers' families if the sovereign citizens' movement just uses only words: 

When a sovereign feels particularly desperate, angry, battle-weary and cornered, his next government contact, no matter how minor, can be his final straw. The resulting rage can be lethal. In 1995 in Ohio, a sovereign named Michael Hill pulled a gun on an officer during a traffic stop. Hill was killed. In 1997, New Hampshire extremist Carl Drega shot dead two officers and two civilians, and wounded another three officers before being killed himself. In that same year in Idaho, when brothers Doug and Craig Broderick were pulled over for failing to signal, they killed one officer and wounded another before being killed themselves in a violent gun battle. In December 2003, members of the Bixby family, who lived outside of Abbeville, S.C., killed two law enforcement officers in a dispute over a small sliver of land next to their home. And in May 2010, Jerry and Joseph Kane, a father and son sovereign team, shot to death two West Memphis, Ark., police officers who had pulled them over in a routine traffic stop. Later that day, the Kanes were killed in a fierce shootout with police that wounded two other officers.

You're a generally pro-cop person; you should at least know about these assholes.

Yes, because that's totally relevant in [CURRENT YEAR].

Here's an article from 2015 that references a 2009 DHS report that comes to the conclusion that right-wing extremism since 9/11 has been the bigger terror threat than jihadism or left-wing terrorism (although, I don't know why we put jihadism in its own category on a political scale when it is ultimately far-right extremism, just based in the religion of Islam). Let's not forget the jump in hate crimes against immigrants and Muslims by white Britons in the aftermath of the Brexit vote. Or the rise in right wing extremist groups in the aftermath of Trump's victory which resulted in a swathe of attacks, most notably a mosque being the target of arson. Or the Quebec City Mosque shooting that happened in January. Or the guy who shot at two men- killing one- in a Kansas City bar back in February because he presumed they were illegal Arabic immigrants, since all brown people look alike I guess.

It seems even when far right groups achieve political gains they still feel the need to take shit out on black and brown people. It's literally the weirdest shit to me. Y'all win and y'all are still mad.

This is before we had the huge glut of left-wing nutcases going on mass shootings

Which mass shootings? The overwhelming majority mass shootings are non-political.

Also, convenient of you to not respond at all to the infiltration of white supremacists in law enforcement, which is an article from January of this year. You know, like that's not a thing for black people to be worried about.

1 hour ago, Solly said:

I recently heard of term called the "drawbridge"-- basically that when immigrants enter a country successfully, there's actually a likelihood that they'll be in favor of measures and philosophies that demonize immigrants coming after them, so they "draw the bridge," so to speak.

• Thumbs Up 7

44 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Then you didn't actually get my point. It's not really surprising at all that someone whose parents were immigrants themselves, and Middle Eastern ones at that, would have extremely right wing views about immigration. It's similar to why, for example, people who live in the United States after fleeing Cuba tend to be so easy for GOP politicians to court.

Fair enough. The question I really meant to pose was "why do certain immigrant groups (like many Cubans) develop anti-immigration attitudes like this?" I know it's not uncommon, at all, it's just that I'd normally expect someone in that situation to be more open-minded, and they often aren't.

24 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I recently heard of term called the "drawbridge"-- basically that when immigrants enter a country successfully, there's actually a likelihood that they'll be in favor of measures and philosophies that demonize immigrants coming after them, so the "draw the bridge," so to speak.

That does sound like the mindset a lot of people have. 

I've heard different variations of this but it's usually regarding illegal aliens, which is a different can of worms.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Yeah, you do that. At the very least, Black Lives Matter is a hate group that actively victimizes whites and police officers.

Now then, to get back on topic, regardless of what you think of Jontron, you have to admit that Destiny's DMCA temper tantrum is fucking unacceptable. It only proves that he only won against JonTron, because JonTron's never done this sort of thing before.

That's a leap in logic, isn't it? It would help if you elaborated on the temper tantrum to begin with, as per Celestia's request (although I find it hard to imagine how it could possibly redeem JonTron in any way).

• Thumbs Up 6

11 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

It seems even when far right groups achieve political gains they still feel the need to take shit out on black and brown people. It's literally the weirdest shit to me. Y'all win and y'all are still mad.

For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle. Thus pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. It is bad because life is permanent warfare. This, however, brings about an Armageddon complex. Since enemies have to be defeated, there must be a final battle, after which the movement will have control of the world. But such a “final solution” implies a further era of peace, a Golden Age, which contradicts the principle of permanent war. No fascist leader has ever succeeded in solving this predicament.

Umberto Eco - Ur-Fascism

• Thumbs Up 1

This thread went to jontron videos are great and classic to, fuck this guy to death and anyone who watch/support him? Fun fact, i haven't watch for awhile.

• Thumbs Up 1

You should watch his latest podcast appearance and the news reactions about it, or just read the past few pages, especially before assuming anyone in this thread wished personal harm on him or his remaining fans.

• Thumbs Up 4

28 minutes ago, Daisy-Fan said:

I seen it, alot of it. There no need to remind me about it at all, tho very appreciate.

So then why the blatantly incorrect assumption on the status of this thread then?

21 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

So then why the blatantly incorrect assumption on the status of this thread then?

how's that Blatantly incorrect with the negativity? dont you see? Not only here but in the internet and so /rJontron. seems everyone want to crucified the guy for expressing himself. Or maybe you shouldn't give attention about it instead? Why bring this politic disscutions about a youtuber who is not very informed well about politic discussion? i'm out.

1 hour ago, Daisy-Fan said:

This thread went to jontron videos are great and classic to, fuck this guy to death and anyone who watch/support him? Fun fact, i haven't watch for awhile.

@Daisy-Fan I'm referring to your poor analysis on this thread first and foremost. You claimed it's turned into wanting death on the guy. 

If that's what you view the mere calling out of Jontron when people on this thread haven't even death threatened him, let alone his supporters I'd hate to see how the whole Internet good or bad,  rustled your jimmies over this. 

Furthermore,  trying to paint the entire thing as everyone just being out to get the guy for no apparent good reason, shows a severe lack of tact and research on the matter. 

If you didn't want people to discuss JonTron's political views, blame JonTron for not keeping his bigotry to himself.

• Thumbs Up 8

Maybe you could proably put this on the political thread, you know, since its a mix of America politic last posts.

The solely political derails can be moved.

However, discussion about JonTron's shitty views belong in the JonTron thread.

• Thumbs Up 5

21 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

although, I don't know why we put jihadism in its own category on a political scale when it is ultimately far-right extremism, just based in the religion of Islam

Helps fudge the statistics by cleaning the right's hands somewhat of violence. Which is particularly strange since people like Jon love to use Islamist attacks in Europe and elsewhere as evidence that it will come to America. They want to include all the world when defining Islamists, but not in defining right wing terrorism.

1 hour ago, Nepenthe said:

If you didn't want people to discuss JonTron's political views, blame JonTron for not keeping his bigotry to himself.

Quoted for truth. Let's take this into consideration.

Around the same time JonTron spent 6 hours having an echo chamber with guys like Sargon how awful "SJWs" are, Markiplier was raising money for an LGBT charity.

Around the same time JonTron was debating (or laughing at) Destiny, Markiplier uploaded a video of himself playing laser tag with a kid who has leukemia.

I'd say it's perfectly valid to debate Jon's politics in his thread, since unlike several other big names (though this pool is increasingly shrinking), he decided to voice his opinion. He doesn't get a "let's avoid politics" card when he routinely jumps in the pool.

He stopped having an apolitical thread the moment he stopped having apolitical content.

• Thumbs Up 3

While I agree lumping a entire group of people is wrong  but trying to compare what's been going on in the world next to right wing attacks?? As a bit far. What has the right done besides some foiled arrsons and their typical racist babble compared to the Paris. Christmas.  fort hood. Boston. Attacks all being carried out in the name of a religion. Honestly I don't think we fesr things till it happens to us. Easy to blow off something as not serious till your sitting in a stadium or nightclub with family bundled up on top of you dead.

But eh. He's making money. Popularity corrupted him some I think

Though this goes back to the main point of jontron. I like and love his early works.  still do. But after around I think banjo or starcade is when he stopped being funny and much much slower st uploads.  he's just not funny anyone sadly

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Jontron early works too, pretty much stop watched the moment with star wars ones. the home alone games and mighty max one is pretty great. videogamedunkey is worth watching if you love funny content like the old jontron.

28 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

While I agree lumping a entire group of people is wrong  but trying to compare what's been going on in the world next to right wing attacks?? As a bit far. What has the right done besides some foiled arrsons and their typical racist babble compared to the Paris. Christmas.  fort hood. Boston.

You're now starting to sound like JonTron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_City_mosque_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylann_Roof

That's just the most recent right wing terrorist attacks:

There's also this ongoing terror campaign targeting mosques in the US

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/02/us/mosque-fires-2017/

In just the first two months of the year, at least four mosques have gone up in flames as attacks against religious minorities have surged.

Those fires follow "the worst year on record for incidents in which mosques were targets of bias," according to the Council of American-Islamic Relations.
CAIR documented 139 incidents of "damage/destruction/vandalism" at mosques last year -- the most since record-keeping began in 2009. It does not track fires separately.
"Islamophobic bias continues its trend toward increasing violence," said Corey Saylor, director of CAIR's Department to Monitor and Combat Islamophobia.
The wave of hostility comes as President Donald Trump campaigned on -- then enacted -- a temporary ban on travelers from Muslim-majority countries entering the United States.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-29%20at%2012.32.

GG-terror_v5.jpg

But of course JonTron thinks everything is fine for minorities in the US and that it's white people who are being oppressed by "SJW"s

3 minutes ago, Volphied said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_City_mosque_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylann_Roof

That's just the most recent right wing terrorist attacks:

There's also this ongoing terror campaign targeting mosques in the US

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/02/us/mosque-fires-2017/

But of course JonTron thinks everything is fine for minorities in the US and that it's white people who are being oppressed by "SJW"s

Thanks for info but wasn't dylann like just a solo I hate blacks guy. No one was backing him nor using a religion as a means just a poorly raised backwoods youth. Isn't he dead yet?

22 minutes ago, Daisy-Fan said:

I love Jontron early works too, pretty much stop watched the moment with star wars ones. the home alone games and mighty max one is pretty great. videogamedunkey is worth watching if you love funny content like the old jontron.

Yea that's when I stopped as well. Again when game blinds you.youll do anything to pander to your viewers. Oh the early days of yt were golden lol

12 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

While I agree lumping a entire group of people is wrong  but trying to compare what's been going on in the world next to right wing attacks??

ISIL and other groups believe in authoritarian theocracies (you think they're all for gay marriage and women's bodily autonomy?) This is the same side of the coin as Christian extremists who go on shooting and bombing sprees at black churches and abortion clinics, or the ones who declare war on and proceed to invade middle eastern countries, or the ones in Africa attacking and killing women and LGBT people.  

Overall, Islamic extremism and alt-right/white nationalism are both decidedly far right-wing, just like the animal liberation movement and the Symbionese Liberation Army are both far left-wing. Them having different focuses doesn't mean they aren't close to one another on the political spectrum. One type is just committed by brown people and is less systemic so we're more afraid of it and give it it's own label. However, right-wing religious oppression is right-wing religious oppression regardless of who you worship.

12 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Honestly I don't think we fesr things till it happens to us. Easy to blow off something as not serious till your sitting in a stadium or nightclub with family bundled up on top of you dead.

You're one to appeal to empathy when every time someone outlines a problem in American society- even one they personally experience- you brush it off because it doesn't affect you. I'm far less afraid of ISIL down here in Georgia than I am a random nutcase with a gun.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Thanks for info but wasn't dylann like just a solo I hate blacks guy. No one was backing him nor using a religion as a means just a poorly raised backwoods youth. Isn't he dead yet?

You mean like the Boston Marathon bombers that you mentioned in your post? During questioning, Dzhokhar admitted that they were self-radicalized and unconnected to any outside terrorist groups. The majority of islamic attacks in the west are also done by solo or small groups of "poorly raised youth".

Fact remains that right wing terrorists have killed many more Americans than Islamic terrorists in the last 15 years.