Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

He won't disappear but i do see him watching what he says and uploads far more carefully from this point on seeing all the negative it's done to him in regards to connections. But his fan base is just as lively.  a trip to steam or YouTube proves this.  now the snowflake comment I have no idea what that is bu i do think people "cry" over things a lot more over dumb things than when many older gamers were raised in the 90s. So many would have heart attacks if 90s duke was still around haha

The 90's /was/ pretty ignorant regarding a lot of topics,(women's rights, trans people, LGBT, black and other rights, etc.) so probably not best to try using it to go "remember the good times when people weren't so fragile". That shit was just more normalized and accepted at the time 

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if I was ignorant, but I coulda swore I remember the 90s fighting in favor of Women's rights and was anti-racist. Certainly not as fiercely as today given all that has happened, but I guess that just depends on where one looked and what they encountered.

LGBT rights tho, yeah we were pretty bigoted as fuck on that aspect.

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Not sure if I was ignorant, but I coulda swore I remember the 90s fighting in favor of Women's rights and was anti-racist. Certainly not as fiercely as today given all that has happened, but I guess that just depends on where one looked and what they encountered.

There was a lot of sexism from what I remember especially regarding media and the age of "family-moral" based television.  Idk, I was pretty young back then, and was raised in a religious environment, so maybe that was part of what makes me think it wasn't some golden age of progress. I'm really looking at the social side of this mostly(though legal discrimination was a lot more prevalent, obviously, compared to now for multiple groups. I mean abortion was widely shamed and support for it was scarce, women in roles of power still made many uncomfortable,and like you said LGBT rights were still problematic. And can't imagine if many cops are prejudice now, what that was like then. Not sure what the statistics are on blacks in the 90's when it came to education and work opportunities, but I'm sure they aren't better than now and if they are, probably isn't much to gloat about).  

6 hours ago, KHCast said:

.And can't imagine if many cops are prejudice now, what that was like then.

The cops that beat Rodney King, and Mark Fuhrman are pretty much the poster boys of 90s racist cops.

I grew up during the 90s, and even through the lens of a child I can tell you that there were some serious social struggles and issues that we had to face. That's true of every decade, era, generation, whatever. If the 90s are the "good old days" for which people are pining, then they're fucking crazy. (Although TV in the 90s was better, fight me)

37 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

The cops that beat Rodney King and Mark Fuhrman are pretty much the poster boys of 90s racist cops.

They beat up that hero cop Mark Fuhrman too? The bastards.

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

They beat up that hero cop Mark Fuhrman too? The bastards.

I left out a comma, yes, thank u v much +1

8 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

A lot of the world still doesn't agree on LG t tights.  and the 90s were more family centric. But all that went out the window after around 2002. Hell people moan about racism. Show like fresh Prince  and family matters pointed out both racism both outside the race and racism within the race while still being a good and funny shows. Hell dinosaurs dis the same thing without trying to going the point. The 90s were not perfect but things were not as tense as they are now I feel. I said I feel so don't freak out.and lord tv shows then were better. We can't get anything near as graphic as we had back than.  mostly meaning cartoons.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

A lot of the world still doesn't agree on LG t tights.  and the 90s were more family centric. But all that went out the window after around 2002. Hell people moan about racism. Show like fresh Prince  and family matters pointed out both racism both outside the race and racism within the race while still being a good and funny shows. Hell dinosaurs dis the same thing without trying to going the point. The 90s were not perfect but things were not as tense as they are now I feel. I said I feel so don't freak out.and lord tv shows then were better. We can't get anything near as graphic as we had back than.  mostly meaning cartoons.

I think if all the 90s have to offer are more violent cartoons in exchange for lack of "LG t tights" they're pretty objectively worse than the present. I will concede that the past year has been tense socially, but that's largely because half the country rallied around a sexual predator. I don't know what this has to do with JonTron spewing garbage either way.

1 minute ago, A Match in Oil Ocean Zone said:

I think if all the 90s have to offer are more violent cartoons in exchange for lack of "LG t tights" they're pretty objectively worse than the present. I will concede that the past year has been tense socially, but that's largely because half the country rallied around a sexual predator. I don't know what this has to do with JonTron spewing garbage either way.

Cartoons had noting to do with lgbt rights actually. I was saying they were simply more violent without the need yo worry about offending someone. Oh savage dragon I miss you.  and noting really I just love 90s shows more than today's lol