Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

I'm sorry but fuck this, I got half way the first time and I've been trying since to get back to where I was. I can't skip head and it takes fucking forever to load.

Fuck wish I could get the video out of my Temp. internet files or something but no its 100% streaming.

I finally saw the whole episode and I was pretty amused by it. I found it better than the Halloween episodes for sure. What happened to the site was unfortunate, but at least things are fixed. They really shouldn't have all posted their new videos at once, considering the size of their audiences.

It was a pretty okay episode.  The PS2 version stole the show, of course.  I mean... that's some incredible work put into making such a shallow, unfaithful game that has nothing to do with the movie, with terrible art, music, and everything to go with it. XD

Jesus, that PS2 game looks like a student's 3D game assignment!

Jesus, that PS2 game looks like a student's 3D game assignment!

That's not a very nice thing to say to aspiring game designers. :(

I finally got to see the episode. It was good, although not as good as some of the previous episodes, as Jon seemed a little too... well... "normal" in this one. 

That's not a very nice thing to say to aspiring game designers. sad.png

Eh, as someone taking a course in Game Development, I'd say it's something that would resemble my first ever "alpha" build of a 3D game (not that I plan on making 3D games, I'll stick to 2D and use my shitty drawings as the graphics thnx).

But as the guy above said, yeah, Jon did feel more down to Earth than usual.

Has it really come to the point where sauteeing a bucket of nuts and releasing a noxious gas that sends himself into a month-long sleep after which he hallucinates the ghost of the still-living Macaulay Culkin who tells him how to revive his dead bird counts for one of JonTron's more "sane" ventures?

Funnily enough. :P

Though I think they were referring more to random jokes and gags as opposed to the setup.

I still think it's pretty wacky, though, as always.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeez Jon, what happened to all that hype about Normalboots exclusives? Sheesh.

He confirmed on his YouTube upload of the Home Alone video that the next two videos (Bootleg Pokemon being one of them) are going to be uploaded simultaneously but that he'll return to the normal exclusive uploads in March.

He confirmed on his YouTube upload of the Home Alone video that the next two videos (Bootleg Pokemon being one of them) are going to be uploaded simultaneously but that he'll return to the normal exclusive uploads in March.

Maybe he really needs the youtube income now, same with his friend doing the same with DYKG? They were both a week behind uploading schedule for Normalboots.

The only reason I feel that may have been the case was because of the bad first impression they gave audiences with that disasterous opening for Normal Boots. Shouldn't have had all those new videos in one day.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're completely reworking stuff behind the scenes now that they have an idea how much demand there's gonna be on new video releases.

Great episode anyway, it was actually kind of bizarre to me how he just went into it instead of having a long intro, but to be honest I find his game reactions way funnier than the scripted skits usually so no problems from me.  The Vietnamese was my fave, that engrish and his responses killed me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually played Pokemon Diamond & Jade and Pikachu Adventure quite a few years ago, so I was pleasantly surprised to see them included in the video. Ah, nostalgia!

And yep, I didn't quite understand why the hell they thought monsters with mobile phones would be appealing either :lol:

Great episode!  I'm disappointed he didn't play Vietnamese Crystal any further though.  I would have loved to see his take on BALL BAG FUCK!

So how come Vietnamese Crystal is soo badly translated, did the hackers use google translate beta?

I don't mind this Normalboots now Youtube later aspect but they gotta solve 2 things.

1) improving the service of that video player, it still lags for me and overall its a terrible player, fix it or change it, maybe consider Blip.TV or something.

2) the time between when new episodes get uploaded to Youtube. when Jon started this he said it would only be a week wait before we see it on youtube but it took 3 weeks to get the first Normalboots episode uploaded to his account and if he wasn't going back to youtube for a bit it probably would've been longer. hopefully that was just an oversite but it shouldn't have been a 3 week wait just to see an episode.

Otherwise I got no gripes against this and hopefully the NB site gets improved.

That Pokemon Adventure game......

Pikachu as Sonic...Oh holy crap...I think we've found the inspiration for Sonichu.

• Thumbs Up 4

So how come Vietnamese Crystal is soo badly translated, did the hackers use google translate beta?

The game is a bootleg Vietnamese-made English translation with the crux being that the version that it was based on was the Chinese version... which in and of itself is an unsolicited translation of the Japanese version, as video games in China were banned and only sold on gray/black markets.

It's essentially a bootleg crap translation of a bootleg crap translation. The game went through three languages to get to the end result.

re:normalboots video player if I understand it right, it's the same provider responsible for hosting Cinemassacre's videos. Despite being a crap player I believe the reason it still sees use is because there's better ad revenue from it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...