Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

First part of the video was pretty meh for me, but the second part starting when Brent showed up was hilarious, but less because of Jon and more because he had an amazingly bad movie to work with.

The Mr. Clean segment got me to laugh out loud for the first time in a while with Jontron. So many rapid-fire jokes...

• Thumbs Up 1

That was tons of fun. I'm actually growing to like how the reviews aren't as spontaneous lately. It feels like he's being himself more, and allows for some more insightful criticisms of the things he's criticizing. I still think his personality and unique brand of humor shine through anyway, and this episode got a lot of laughs from me. Besides, I think Jon just has a lot of  personality to begin with. Even when the jokes aren't that great, he's just really entertaining to watch.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh my god... nearly choked to death on this. XD - I had to pause the episode for the "shit rat."

Seriously, that movie reaches unbelievable levels of terrible.

Seriously, that movie reaches unbelievable levels of terrible.
Yet nearly each actor won an award for it. I don't even. Although, I still think Birdemic was a funnier review. I lost my shit watching that xD
  • Thumbs Up 1

I seriously wonder where Jon finds all these strange movies and games.

I think Foodfight! really takes the cake when it comes to pure insanity. I don't know what I even watched and neither did Jon apparently.

Yet nearly each actor won an award for it. I don't even.

Nah, all the awards he listed at the end of the video were for other things the actors had done. Jon was showing those clips to illustrate that the movie was still horrendous in spite of all the talent they were able to use. 

• Thumbs Up 4

At first I thought it was kinda commendable that they still continued to make this film despite the original film being lost and almost $70 million sunk into it...but damn the final product looks far from worth it. The filmmakers arguably would had been better off selling the rights they accumulated at that point to someone who could get the film off the ground with competent animators and decent scriptwriters instead of starting from scratch when they hit rock bottom-at least they could had made presumably a lot more money off the deal (via selling the rights to the characters themselves and probably getting a percentage of the sales/gross the movie makes on DVD and/or theaters as part of the deal) then they did rebooting the project and releasing what they could do on DTV.

Nice review. I actually recognized BrentalFloss despite initially not knowing his name :U Loved the part when he's shielding Jacques from the horror that were the burd melons.

Wow that movie was legendarily bad.  That CGI was terrible for 2002 let alone 2012.  I'd call it the Duke Nukem Forever of movies if anyone was actually looking forward to it to begin with.

At first I thought it was kinda commendable that they still continued to make this film despite the original film being lost and almost $70 million sunk into it...but damn the final product looks far from worth it.

Did you see the loss? The budget was $70 million and it made $70 thousand at the box office. That's the biggest loss I've ever seen.

Did you see the loss? The budget was $70 million and it made $70 thousand at the box office. That's the biggest loss I've ever seen.

Hence why I said the final product looked far from worth it (I was initially going to outright call it a sunk cost fallacy).

The demonization of generic brand products in a kids movie is fascinating.  When you have little else but a name to set yourself apart from your competitors, get em while they're young.  Why else do ya think the lists of big names in the soda, toothpaste, and toilet paper industries are so small?  

What the hell is an Exobyte!?

An Exabyte is Ten to the power of eighteen bytes, or
1million.jpg
One million Terabytes!

Not sure that that has to do with the p[lot, though.

The demonization of generic brand products in a kids movie is fascinating.  When you have little else but a name to set yourself apart from your competitors, get em while they're young.  Why else do ya think the lists of big names in the soda, toothpaste, and toilet paper industries are so small?  

Marketing towards children has always been a controversial matter due to their impressionable nature and tendency to try to adapt what they see on TV to various measures of success.  I don't have any official stance on the matter, so I'm not going to say what's right or what's wrong, but I don't think it's a simple matter or one where they are no merits to being a little firm about it.

With that said, though, it has less to do with the blatant product placement as much as it does the fact that it took precedence over the actual plot to the point that it was just an hour-and-a-half long advertisement.  It certainly didn't salvage what was already a terrible premise, let alone execution, for a movie.

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed it is.

I can't say I felt...entertained in this one, though. Jon's kinda slipping from me since he moved, not sure why but he's just not as entertaining as he used to be.

Ewwww he ripped Anvil of Crom from the movie.  Yeah for some reason the version they used in the movie was messed up.  One random thing that seems odd to me is using the Master Sword as an incidental graphic in a video about conan.  

Wait... at the end when the sword lands in the snow like that, that happens in the movie when conan's father is getting his throat torn out by dogs.  not sure if that was what he was going for?

• 5 weeks later...

So, uh, what happened to the whole "up on Normal Boots first" thing?

also HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING FUNNY WHAT IS THIS GAME

It just took one bad day for Jon and his crew to quit that idea. Seriously, they shouldn't have released all that content on the first day.

So this is better than the other ones, there's no really weird sub-plots but an odd lack of Jacques. It took a long time to complete (I won't say how long for those who haven't watched yet) and it definitely shows with the humour being his more traditional type of humour.

The Normal Boots thing did fall through pretty quickly, though. Is it even gaining a profit anymore?

Really liked this episode, although he does forget to answer the most important question.

Does the borbel say it's okay to eat Mormons?

It just took one bad day for Jon and his crew to quit that idea. Seriously, they shouldn't have released all that content on the first day.

What happened, exactly?

I think it's cause the Normal Boots player cannot handle high amounts of traffic, i.e. the ones that form whenever a new JonTron vid is uploaded, and just starts crapping out.

Trust me, was there when the Home Alone episode was put up on Normal Boots. Had to wait a day before I could reliably watch it.

Well, the player can handle it now that it normalized, but during the early days when the combined fanbases of Jon, Jirard, Jared, and PBG just flooded into the site to watch their favorite videos it was just awful. It definitely proves that there was an audience there for that, but posting all their material at once was too much.