Awoo.

Jontron

Soniman

I just re-watched JonTron's video about Starfox Adventures.

Honestly, I didn't get why he puked in the basket when he first saw the graphically updated Peppy and Slippy. They looked the same with different clothes to me mellow.png

Overall I like JonTron. His video about Hercules games was utterly exhilarating

Omfg that ending. Who knew such an upbeat looking game could be so mean spirited?!

That was pretty much my exact experience with California Games. Don't remember what I played it on...probably the Master System but yeah...I couldn't do a fucking thing in that game :P

I haven't really watched Jontron all that much before. I've seen his Foodfight video and the Bubsy series one, and of course that one that was just posted. I should really watch him more though.

I lost it the moment that sad music started playing as the surfboard washed up on shore...

...and then I lost it again when the happy California music started playing.

Then I had to pause it to choke on my drink at that skater's funeral.  I'm not even sure what I "lost," but I know now I'll never have it again.

Also, Spaghetti is cute! <3 :3

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

JonTron teaches us how to play Valiant Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7d51Ce-Q0

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm starting to love this guy. He's absolutely brilliant, it's a shame I've never watched him before recently. His Foodfight video is the best though IMO.

JonTron teaches us how to play Valiant Hearts

*video*

short but sweet. I feel the Conker one was better but this has some hilarious points

• 10 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_jHEag96w

JonTron's at...a studio of sorts? But he can't tell us.

(Also we should probably update the topic with the videos posted before the server wipe).

I'm just going to take a shot in the dark and say he's working on a JonTron movie.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be a popular thing among satirical internet critics these days.  The Nostalgia Critic has done it countless times already, the AVGN has recently released his movie, even the lesser known critics like The Cinema Snob and Linkara are making or have finished making their own movies.  Stuart Ashen also released his "Ashens and the Quest for the Gamechild" motion picture recently.

So yeah, I'm thinking maybe he's in the preparation stages for an upcoming larger production in the JonTron series.  When I put it that way, though, I make it sound like JonTron is some grand narrative that needs a large-screen and an hour-and-a-half running time to seamlessly pull together.  Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me.  A second possibility is that he's getting a new set, as opposed to just shooting the show in his home.

Either way, I look forward to hearing about what it is.

Mmm, not really feeling the concept of a JonTron movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been rumored that he may be doing voice work for Yooka-Laylee. He's expressed interest in the past of supporting/being involved with Playtonic Games' project before it was revealed (given how he's a huge Banjo-Kazooie fan and all).

Indeed, that video he uploaded was on the day Yooka-Laylee had its KS launched. I don't think that's a coincidence...

I think if it were a voice work project, he would probably be in a vocal booth or a similar studio.  The studio he's in looks very much like a studio for films, not audio production.  Of course, there's the possibility that both the movie studio and the sound studio were just in the same building and that's why he's walking through it, but that seems unlikely to me.  Also, he could have just recorded his lines at home if that were the case since it doesn't exactly take a big budget studio to record lines for a game anymore.  Granted, it's nice to have a meeting space such as a big studio for other actors to play off one another (which may be what they did if that's the case) but it seems a little extraneous for what is essentially an indie project, even if it is being backed by actual former Rare employees.

• Thumbs Up 1

Felt it was appropriate to post this since you mentioned voice work, even though it happened after that video came out:

iXQTjnv.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

I am so looking forward to JonTron doing voice acting eep. Also I loved his new Barbie video omg. It was hilarious :3

Felt it was appropriate to post this since you mentioned voice work, even though it happened after that video came out:

iXQTjnv.jpg

Still wondering if Playtonic is actually gonna get Jon to voice act for the game.

Well Grant and Jon are practically best friends so I don't see why not, especially when Grant is one of the sound wizards.

So this is the secret movie project. Seems like a good watch, and it's coming soon too!

According to his Twitter, it's a mini-series. Should be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1