Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

They narrowed it down to a year and a season, a huge improvement from "eventually".

Woah what!? That soon? I thought we'd get a season 2 late 2014 but hey! I'm all in for a summer premiere! I loved the first season and I can't wait for the second. Though something tells me this will be the last season as most animated Disney shows do. Hopefully the second season will be good though. I know they have a lot of material to work with, so I'm quite interested to see where the plot will be heading. 

I finally caught up with this series, starting from the beginning since I had previously seen the first eight episodes but forgot about them.

That finale was fucking perfect. I’m not even kidding when I say it was amazing, both episodes were pretty much everything I could have possibly hoped for out of a finale.

Gravity Falls was great fun from beginning to end but what made me so invested in it were the little hints that there was something much bigger going on behind the scenes. The last two episodes don’t answer everything, but it had tons of cool and emotional moments, and it really kept me on the edge of my seat in a way that no other cartoon of its type has.

I dunno this might be my favorite overall cartoon? I don’t think I can pick a favorite character, the four main characters are all great in their own ways (though I wish Wendy had more development - the opening sequence makes her and Soos seem like just another couple of workers at the Mystery Shack, but Soos is really just as much of a player in the overall plot as the other three are).

I’m definitely going to watch this again sometime, maybe right before season 2 premiers so I have these episodes fresh in my memory as it happens. I just want to show this show to all of my friends who haven’t already seen it and ugggh it’s really so damn good.

EDIT: Like to fucking elaborate on why I love the finale:

For starters, I think having Grunkle Stan’s mind as the primary setting of the penultimate episode was brilliant. The monochrome hues made it seem so somber and intriguing, and it wasn’t some crazy cuckoo land that you probably would have expected from earlier on in this series. Having Dipper come to terms with his relationship with Stan was one of the most emotional moments in the show for me and it was a perfect development for a character like him, who for most of the series was repeatedly trying to find ways to prove himself as capable in situations.

In the final episode, every major character plays some role. I love shit like that. The final battle was great, but I loved everything leading up to it too as well as its aftermath. Little moments like Stan finally figuring how to take down Gideon and expose him as a fraud, Soos taking up multiple jobs which ultimately leads to revealing him as the bus driver in the end, and Mabel’s grappling hook, which never showed up for the whole series and was earlier played up as a joke, but Mabel just fucking saves their asses with it at the end and I find that spectacular.

I just really did not expect this much pay-off for the myth arc that the show had been building up to this point. The cliffhanger at the end was there to make you interested in seeing what’s next, rather than because the writers couldn’t figure out a way to properly resolve things; they resolved what they needed to at that moment and nothing more. This definitely keeps things interesting and makes the wait for season 2 all that more exciting.

ALSO YES I REALIZE I AM OVER SIX MONTHS LATE IN CATCHING UP WITH THIS SHOW JUST LEAVE ME ALONE

• Thumbs Up 5

I really gotta catch up with this show, I think the last episode I saw was the Halloween special.

Though something tells me this will be the last season as most animated Disney shows do.

Um...what are you talking about? Phineas and Ferb is in it's fourth season, Fish Hooks had three, and with Gravity Falls going as strong as it is, there's no way they're stopping at two. Pretty sure Gravity Falls is the only one to have a cult following.

Also, just so you guys know...a Gravity Falls toy line is coming out this Fall, and it's being made by everyone's favorite company...Jazwares! The line will include mini figure two packs like the Adventure Time ones, plushes, play sets, a radio controlled mystery tour cart, role play items and more!

In this Reddit thread back from August, Hirsch has this to say. Could be other statements out there that comment on the series' possible length.

Originally I thought three. That may be too many though. Perhaps 2 and a movie. Im more interested in quality than quantity. But I suppose anything can happen

I'd be fine with just two seasons. I think that's the perfect duration for a series like this that showcases amazing effort with each episode that airs.

• Thumbs Up 2

.Also, just so you guys know...a Gravity Falls toy line is coming out this Fall, 

Huh, funny you should mention that. My Dad had gotten into the show last year, (Let me tell ya, he does one mean Soos Impression) and he was wondering when they were going to come out with the toys as he likes to collect toys of the things he likes. He'll be pretty happy to know that...

and it's being made by everyone's favorite company...Jazwares!

Oh... Well, he won't be happy to hear about that. Lets just say he's had some bad experiences with some of Jazwares merch. 

I think two seasons would be more than enough for the show. They trickled details in about the overarching plot through season 1 but now that it's out and open, 20 more episodes would be plenty to really delve into it while still throwing in some fun, unrelated episodes at the same time. And I would just adore a movie because this deserves one. It'd be a great way to conclude the series.

Um...what are you talking about? Phineas and Ferb is in it's fourth season, Fish Hooks had three, and with Gravity Falls going as strong as it is, there's no way they're stopping at two. Pretty sure Gravity Falls is the only one to have a cult following.

Also, just so you guys know...a Gravity Falls toy line is coming out this Fall, and it's being made by everyone's favorite company...Jazwares! The line will include mini figure two packs like the Adventure Time ones, plushes, play sets, a radio controlled mystery tour cart, role play items and more!

Well, by most, I meant the ones I'm aware of. I honestly had no idea Fish Hooks was still alive. And when you look back at Disney's TV lineup, a large chunk had 2 seasons. And it just seems to me that Disney doesn't care much about Gravity Falls, so I assumed it would go down the usual 2 seasons route. However, I noticed you said there's gonna be a toy line. That's... quite surprising actually. This means Disney is well aware of how popular the series is. That's good to know. 

However, that doesn't mean we'll get more than 2 seasons. I can't see it working well with this kind of show. Like I had stated somewhere else on this forum, when you've got a series with plot, it's always hard to know how many seasons your show will last, so if they had 2 seasons planned with a certain plot, I'd be fine with that. As long as the creators feel that 2 seasons is enough to cover the story of Gravity Falls, I'm okay with that. I'd much rather have a series with a short but really well written storyline, than one that just drags on for too long. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VEe-F0JID3E

It's a small clip, but it's an small cLIP OF SOOS'S INCREDIBLE FIX-IT AND VIDEO EDITING SKILLZ

Speaking of which, you should probably keep an eye on the channel that uploads these clips, TheMysteryofGF (who also uploaded the clips with Dipper's miniseries and Mabel's miniseries as well). These clips are a great way to keep people entertained during the gap between seasons.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

And apparently, the second episode comes out three days later, according to Alex Hirsch's twitter. 

I honestly declare this show to be the best animated show in years, I'm so excited and can honestly not wait. 

• 8 months later...

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/gravity-falls-season-2-episode-11-not-what-he-seems

Holy Freakin' Crap, wherever to begin? This episode really pulled out the big guns.

The government apprehending Stan, the Twins stumbling upon the fake IDs and the article about his death and questioning if he is their real Grunkle, the gravitational anomalies, the three books coming together, and most of all, Stan's twin brother is revealed and comes out of the portal. Whether or not what Mabel did was a good or bad thing is still up in the air for the next episode........that is coming out this summer three months from now....Dang it Disney! Stop with the hiatuses!

That latest episode was just... nuts! It's only the 11th episode of the season and it's already throwing in the big twists!

What I want to know now, though, is how Dipper and Mabel's relationship stands at this point. She gave in to something that could've caused the end of everything on the word of a revealed con artist. I imagine that some trust issues will form from this dilemma.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit! Dat episode!

That was a nail biter during the moment where Mabel was making that tough decision and I too have to wonder about Dipper and Mabel's relationship after that scene.

Not What He Seems was insane. Like, one of the best wham episodes I have ever seen.

That latest episode was just... nuts! It's only the 11th episode of the season and it's already throwing in the big twists!

What I want to know now, though, is how Dipper and Mabel's relationship stands at this point. She gave in to something that could've caused the end of everything on the word of a revealed con artist. I imagine that some trust issues will form from this dilemma.

On the flipside, Dipper's own paranoia and ability to trust people would also be called into question, especially since the episode apparently ends with Mabel -in complete spite of what they've found about him up to that point- was mostly (if not completely) in the right to trust Stan.

Also a bit of symbolism pointed out by someone in the thread on the TVTropes thread-after the event happens and everything falls down, Stan's framed picture of Dipper and Mabel falls to the ground and the glass breaks....but the actual picture is still intact.

Oh and Hirsch wants to screw around with us some more.

• Thumbs Up 2