Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

In fact, has anyone been keeping up the series since before this episode aired?

I'll be honest; I have not really been keeping track of this series until very recently.

Between Not What He Seems and #StevenBomb, this is a damn good week for cartoons.

On top of what may change between Mabel, Dipper, and Stan from here on out, I just wonder how Stan's brother is going to factor into things now that he's back. And honestly...who is Stan, really? He's almost definitely part of the twins' family, but is he actually their grandpa and he was just posing as their Grunkle for whatever reason? I'm guessing the next episode will answer this, but yeah.

Also was anyone else creeped out by the clip that played during the credits? Like, nothing scary happened, but I expected something for some reason, haha. And even then, something about the two Stans(?) sitting on the swingset as kids and just swinging, everything quiet and peaceful...I dunno, it got to me for some reason.

I have to wonder if the show really will end on Season 2 at this point. I'd actually be fine with that since I think they could wrap things up really well, but there's enough mystery left that I think a third season could still work. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edit:

In fact, has anyone been keeping up the series since before this episode aired?

I have. I guess hiatuses could turn some people off, but I don't really mind. I'm patient about this kind of thing...unless there's a cliffhanger like what they just did......and now we have to wait "until Summer". ;_;

Edited by Celestia

The episode pretty much blew my mind. I ended up shouting in shock when I saw the ending and was unable to form words for a few minutes. It shocked me that much.

It's funny because the 'Stan had a twin' theory was one that quite a few fans supported, and yet the episode still managed to blow my (and many other's) mind. Though I will say that I'm surprised his brother turned out to be alive. Granted the other option was that he'd turn out to be on the other side of the portal but I was almost certain he was dead. But I'm not complaining!

Also I wonder what--if anything--the portal did to everyone who was in the room at the time...particularly Mabel who was really close to it when the countdown went to 0.

Oh and Soos is officially the best character in the show btw, just sayin'.

Choosing to protect the kids over his loyalty to Stan, even if it turned out in the end that Stan isn't actually the bad guy

(probably) it was a really sweet gesture <3

Just remembered something Alex said about Gravity Falls featuring aliens, he said that he will add aliens eventually but it'll be the last thing on the show due to there's nothing above aliens or something like that. I just can't find the source of it, anyone remember where he said it?

Because by the looks of it he's already hinting at alien presence from Not What He Seems. 

One of the between-season shorts, Leftyhad aliens already. (Well, I assume they were aliens.) Whether it's later this season or later, I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing aliens in Gravity Falls at some point, though as for what part they'll play in the ongoing story is anyone's guess.

Anyway, what was the hint of aliens in NWHS? I think I remember reading some discussion about something like that, but I can't remember what they were talking about specifically.

Welp, I jumped onto the Gravity Falls train finally, really loving it so far, but I'm super far behind compared to everyone lmao.

OK OK, up to Season 2 episode 5 and I love this series, it gets borderline intense though, I'm really surprised Disney is OK with this series, it's kind of pushing some scare boundaries here.

I love Giffany.

On a whim, I decided to make a Gravity Falls Trailer using Five Nights at Freddy's 3's trailer music!

Warning: For those of you who have not seen the latest episode of Gravity Falls, this has spoilers!

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news for Gravity Falls fans. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but the next episode won't be airing until summer. 

Stupid Disney...

Bad news for Gravity Falls fans. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but the next episode won't be airing until summer. 

Stupid Disney...

flabbergasted.gif

What?!

... I'm sorry...

What?!?

How long has this show been going? What, three years? I can understand that to an extent as most of the episodes in the first season had little continuity and stakes, but this is the second season, and there have been plenty of twists and turns throughout! And they want to extend the lifespan of the show for another 1 and 1/2-2 years still?

Maybe I'm just new to this show and it's hiatuses, but this is really putting a damper on my immersion and intrest in the series. In what way is this acceptable for a serial tv show, especially one composed out of only 2 seasons? You don't see Over the Garden Wall taking breaks like this inbetween episodes, much less on such huge cliffhangers.

Sheesh...

• Thumbs Up 1

The creators literally have no control over when episodes air. Disney are just being dicks with extending the life of it. In all likelihood this season was supposed to be done ages ago.

At least it probably isn't the end of Summer like last year. I've seen (supposedly real) images of promos  on Tumblr for June?

I'd love it if Disney did what CN did with Steven Universe and throws a bone to the fans after this hiatus. Seriously, after a few months of hiatus, during which people were a little concerned they were abandoning the show, CN surprised everyone by airing new episodes of SU pretty much nonstop. And they still haven't stopped for any sort of hiatus, even with the jump into Season 2. Now, of course, Disney wouldn't need to go that far, but...come on, I'm sure they have a good deal of episodes just laying around waiting to be aired.

Anyway, I just hope all of this doesn't turn Alex off from cartoons, I think he's admitted that all the hiatuses and stuff annoy him too.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the between-season shorts, Leftyhad aliens already. (Well, I assume they were aliens.) Whether it's later this season or later, I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing aliens in Gravity Falls at some point, though as for what part they'll play in the ongoing story is anyone's guess.

Anyway, what was the hint of aliens in NWHS? I think I remember reading some discussion about something like that, but I can't remember what they were talking about specifically.

http://thebfoot.tumblr.com/post/112260459257/im-not-saying-it-was-aliens

There's absolutely alien tech in Gravity Falls. We just haven't seen it yet. Or maybe we have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disney want to milk this show for all its worth because its literally their most popular and financially successful show in years.

So yea, its gonna be a bumpy ride.

My response to that remains simple: if it's about milking the series, Disney should totally kidnap Hirsch and force him to make a billion seasons instead.

:P

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt it's about milking the series. The hiatus in the first season was mostly because Disney couldn't see the promise in the show. They didn't see it as one of their heavy hitters.

If they still don't see promise after "Not what he seems" got the highest rating of any animated broadcast on that channel in years, then they're fucking morons.

• 2 months later...

Ohh yeeaaaahhhh. I heard about the news on Twitter! Super excited for the return!

EkxTMZD.jpg

Look at how cute little Stan is! <3 I'm so interested to see more about Stan and his brother's past! July can't come fast enough. A shame they couldn't start it this month, but hey at least new episodes are coming soon. 

inb4 the episode after this airs in August

• 3 weeks later...

Come on, July 13th, get here already! After "Not What He Seems", I'm dying to know what's going to happen next!