Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

...well, that escalated quickly. We all saw it coming, but still...

Am I of the thought that everything that happened that day seem to align way too perfectly for Bill Cypher to get his chance to get his hands on the rift and cause Wierdageddon (or how you spell it), even by Finagle's Law standards? I'm willing to doubt that it all happened by sheer coincidence, all of the events seem to line up into a complete Batman Gambit on Bill's part. I think that in order for all of the sequences to work. I'm willing to bet that either Blendin wasn't the only one Bill possessed (remember how he was cycling through all of the potential candidates of Gravity Falls to possess when the shield for the house was activated?), or Gideon (who, after the events of The Stanchurian Candidate, looked ready to summon him again out of desperation of getting out of jail) played a helping hand...regardless, it looks like the darkest hour has just begun...

250px-Sean_Bean_as_Eddard_Stark.png

...winter, has come at last...

Edited by Gabe

Holy shit! What an ending! Granted it's been building up to this for awhile now, but it still felt like a big bombshell was dropped. I wonder if the series is going to end at Season 2. We're getting closer to the Pines' 13th birthday which means it's the end of summer for them.

Oh and here's a preview for the next episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZJGrukiOGY&feature=youtu.be

Hoo boy! It looks like we're in for something really big!

• 2 weeks later...

Hoooollllyyyyy sssshhhhiiiiitttttt! That episode! That. Episode! The journals, the mystery of that one page that survived, Gideon possibly turning to the good side, the cliffhanger! I can't wait to see what happens next!

So... Yeah, for the sake of avoiding spoilers, today's episode was pretty damn epic, guys. Just... everything about it was quite a drama bomb. I can't wait to see more soon!

• Thumbs Up 2

Was blown away by this episode.  One of those ones that makes you think back to any of the previous episodes and they seem completely quaint and tame in comparison. 

So heavy, so much genuinely scary stuff, holy shit the fate of Pacifica's Dad!  Then there was when Dipper first attempts to confront Bill and the way Bill just SHOOM looms in front of him suddenly was super intimidating.  The hand... head... thing, was super funny yet simultaneously completely nightmare-ish like wow lol.  Driving through the weirdness bubbles is such an old gag but they did it beautifully lol.

Overall it completely lived up to the hype the end of the last episode provided.  I only wish the end of this episode had left us with a bit more of a "WHAT" cliffhanger rather than an accomplishment and step into the unknown.  Like I don't really have any expectations for the next episode, I'm just calmly waiting for the continuation which is certainly easier to manage but not quite as exciting y'know lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

That last episode was just all kinds of amazing, from start to finish.

Bill's first demonstration to the Gravity Falls populace, the new Title Sequence, Louis C.K. cameoing, Bill wiping out the Time Baby, Wendy being...her usual kcikass self, the madness bubbles, Mad Max spoof...it just never let up, not for a single moment. I want to watch it over and over.

Honestly, I'm not sure how they're going to follow that, and with another month until the next episode my hype is going to go overboard. That might not even be the finale either, there's so much more good stuff to come.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp folks, here's some bittersweet news. Gravity Falls officially only has two episodes left:

http://shmalexsmirsch.tumblr.com/post/133619326491/goodbye-gravity-falls

While it's sad, I really respect the decision. This means years from now we can look back on this series as something special that told its story coherently and (hopefully) ended on a satisfying note. This doesn't mean we might not see these characters again one day (Hirsch said that himself), but the show as we know it is coming to a close.

It's been a fun freaking ride, Gravity Falls.

EDIT: Oh and also the finale will be an hour long, so I guess it's more like three episodes.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

This isn't really news to me since he'd been saying this for a while.  The only thing that was up in the air was whether it would end with Season 2 or a TV movie.

Apparently the answer is... both!?  Lol.  Still, glad they did this, and that Disney let them do this, the way they did.

I'm not surprised. He said he wanted it to end after 2 seasons anyway. On the other hand, it's going to end on a great note and not a series that dragged out just because it was popular. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this whole thing ends!

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoa, I still can't believe that Gravity Falls is actually ending soon. I mean, it's nice to hear that it's being done with the full intentions of Hirsch instead of executive meddling like with most shows, but still...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this episode gave me both some good laughs and some feels. We can now safely say that Dipper won't be Ford's apprentice given his willingness to go with Mabel.

So, who's ready for the epic and most likely feelsy finale? Now the long wait until sometime early next year for it to air begins!

Edited by Kevin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As a heads up, this week Disney aired a special "Between The Pines" episode, featuring an interview with Alex Hirsch. There's fair few interesting tidbits in there, such as the inspiration for certain characters and some hidden stuff people may not have noticed in the backgrounds. It gets a repeat on Friday in the US, don't know if it will make it to the UK.

Welp, it's over! Words can't describe how amazing this finale was! I have to admit that I shedded tears at the end. When I first discovered this series, I was instantly hooked. I fell in love with the characters and was on the edge wondering where things were going to be next. I consider this one of the very best modern animated series during my time and while I'm sad to see it end, I'm happy it ended on a high note instead of being dragged out.

Thank you, Alex Hirsch for an amazing series!

In my opinion the finale was...okay at best.

(DON'T KILL, I LIKE THE SHOW, HONEST!) In all seriousness, while no bad by any means it has some flaws hard to ignore

1 Pacifica lost all character development form her last two appearances.

2 The Prophecy is pulled out of ass and then imminently thrown away. What was the point? There isn't even any logical explanation why Robie is part of chosen group, he never did anything important.

3 The very moment Ford suggested "if only I could erase him from my mind", it was really obvious how will they defeat Bill. I knew exactly what will happen.

4 Stan getting his memories back so quickly was pretty cheap. Come on, couldn't we leave on "we'll make new memories" or something like that?

In the end it doesn't matter to me, the show was awesome anyway (when I think about it a lot of cartoons have disappointing finales: Avatar, Danny Phantom, Ben10 Omniverse, Avengers EMH, Iron Man AA,.etc)

• Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

In my opinion the finale was...okay at best.

(DON'T KILL, I LIKE THE SHOW, HONEST!) In all seriousness, while no bad by any means it has some flaws hard to ignore

1 Pacifica lost all character development form her last two appearances.

2 The Prophecy is pulled out of ass and then imminently thrown away. What was the point? There isn't even any logical explanation why Robie is part of chosen group, he never did anything important.

3 The very moment Ford suggested "if only I could erase him from my mind", it was really obvious how will they defeat Bill. I knew exactly what will happen.

4 Stan getting his memories back so quickly was pretty cheap. Come on, couldn't we leave on "we'll make new memories" or something like that?

In the end it doesn't matter to me, the show was awesome anyway (when I think about it a lot of cartoons have disappointing finales: Avatar, Danny Phantom, Ben10 Omniverse, Avengers EMH, Iron Man AA,.etc)

Iron Man AA much like Spider-man 90's had the perfect ending, tie up the main plot, but leave things open like it's an actual breathing world that continues to go on, and could be revisited(which actually isn't impossible, Marvel has revisited alternate time-lines before, and could do so)

Throwing away the main villains you were building up to for 2 seasons to rip off the Avengers movies, with unsatisfying redemption (and let's not even mention Tony ending with Pepper, very logical shipping for every other Iron Man incarnation, except this one) is a good way to end the series? Well, good for you.

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest criticism with the finale is that Blenddin wasn't in it. The time police died and blenddin got away but it never went anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Detective Panda said:

http://attitude.co.uk/disney-confirm-kids-cartoon-gravity-falls-features-gay-couple/

This is nice, even though, like with Good Luck Charlie, it kinda comes off as a "What are you going to do, cancel us? Oh wait..." move.

It was pretty obvious. Blubs and Durland were very clearly in love with each other way before this and Weirdmageddon confirmed it. 

It was to be expected, I guess, but I think I would've preferred them simply being bizarrely close friends. I think it makes the joke funnier. Their closeness is still funny, mind you.

• 5 months later...
On 03/08/2016 at 9:29 PM, Marcello said:

Alex Hirsch has released the original pilot:

Pretty neat.

Just found out this was a reward from a world-wide scavenger hunt. That he set up without any help from Disney. Wow.

In other Gravity Falls news, Journal 3 is out!

IMG_20160805_192742429[1].jpg

I'm trying to take my time reading through, but I can tell you it is a lovingly created package. The cover has a reversible image, all of the pages are coloured yellow with age and it strikes a fine balance between recreating pages we've already seen and filling in the gaps with Grunkle Ford's diary entries. I haven't got there yet, but after a quick flick I saw a section for Dipper's additions, as well as Ford getting it back again for a conclusion. Of course, there's also a bunch more Codes/Cyphers to crack, but I haven't attempted them yet.

Would definitely recommend.