Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

So SSMB, are you currently enjoying Gravity Falls?

>[ ] Yes

>[ ] Definitely

>[X] Absolutely

tee-hee, I rigged it...

>Assuming a No option would be marked

• Thumbs Up 1

Ninja'd by Cola!

Another new episode of Gravity Falls airs tomorrow at 9:30pm EST on Disney Channel

Title- "Headhunters"

Description- When someone tampers with Mabel's life-size wax statue, she and Dipper set out to find the culprit. Meanwhile, Great Uncle Stan mourns over the loss of his wax doppelganger

So guys. I actually feel kind of dumb for not really caring about this show before.

I mean, that was one of the best cartoons I've ever watched.

So I guess I'm a Faller or whatever they're called now?

So yeah.

Good stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

This show... is, surprisingly, pretty damn awesome. At the very least, it is definitely not worthy of a Komodin Meh.

• Thumbs Up 6

So guys. I actually feel kind of dumb for not really caring about this show before.

I mean, that was one of the best cartoons I've ever watched.

So I guess I'm a Faller or whatever they're called now?

So yeah.

Good stuff.

You BETTER feel dumb.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey, important interview with the show's creators here!

http://www.tvguide.c...ls-1049324.aspx

Hirsch says he plotted out Gravity Falls to have some continuity and an on-going mythology. In the show's premiere, Dipper finds a dusty journal hidden in the woods and containing a big mystery that will play out over the entire series. The show's opening credits also provide some hints to what that mystery might be.

"Each season of Gravity Falls will play out over the course of a month in the summer, which is why Hirsch says he has already plotted out the show's first three seasons. "We have a three-season arc conceived, and at the end of season three, summer is over," he says. "Right now things are just ramping up. And at the end of season one we have an exciting cliffhanger that will blow some kids' minds.

So we know three things,

1. 3 seasons of Gravity Falls planned, possibly more

2. Season one's cliffhanger is gonna be off the hook (get it? no? aw....)

3. Continuity and clues in pretty much each episode.

Here's a sneak peek of Episode 5 (why it's not tomorrow's or next week's episode, I dunno.) (Sound goes into right earphone so use that or just your speakers.)

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 9

Love the show so far like others, but I just want to say I might be getting extra enjoyment out of it since they're making a lot of jokes and subtle stereotypes that are associated with Oregon, and as an Oregonian I'm finding those subtle references hilarious.

I'll leave a full impression of it later when I'm fully caught up, just wanted to note that they definitely took a lot of inspiration from local cities and lodges and their aesthetics, stereotypes, and 'myths and folkstories' from around here. I'll see if I can type up a list of some of these I'm noticing later, some of you might find it interesting.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just watched the first episode. It was really great but didn't really live up to the hype, I gotta say. Mabel came across cuter in all the numerous gifs, whereas the actual context of most of the jokes ended up being a bit on-the-nose (for example the "Yes/Definetly/Absoloutely" thing looked a lot funnier in the gif when it was just her being creepy behind the desk, rather than the unnecessary "I rigged it" punchline).

I dunno. It's a really cute show, very refreshingly animated amidst a bazillion flash animated shows, and the characters are superbly likeable. Just didn't find it as clever/funny/geared towards all ages as all the hype gave me the impression it was.

Definitely gonna keep watching though I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

(for example the "Yes/Definetly/Absoloutely" thing looked a lot funnier in the gif when it was just her being creepy behind the desk, rather than the unnecessary "I rigged it" punchline).

Haha but that's the best part, she's terrible at telling jokes and it's adorable <3

• Thumbs Up 5

I didn't think Disney would ever pull out another good cartoon again, and...looks to me like they still didn't....

They pulled out a GREAT cartoon!

This is definitely the best Post '05/'06 Disney Cartoon I've seen. Absolutely loved the first two eps. Interesting premise, fantastic animation, lovable characters (Soos being my personal favorite), freakin' awesome music, and great humor and charm.

I definitely can't wait to see more of this series.

The soundtrack for this show really makes me want to compose more score pieces with chiptune elements.

I'm really loving this show so far. It's fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 5

Someone on tumblr and /co/ noticed that a certain pattern of numbers appears throughout the show.

uKalv.jpg

DhcDc.jpg

THE NUMBERS MASON, WHAT DO THEY MEAN!?

• Thumbs Up 7

Someone's birthday perhaps? o.e;

Hehe, I was going to say that.

And believe it or not, it's actually mine. I actually caught the date in the book in the first episode, just because of that. I'm so glad it's some sort of important date. 8D Makes me feel cooler than I really am..

*cough* ANYWAY! Premier weekend I hear? So I know there's a knew episode tonight, does that mean theres another one tomorrow? Probably not since 9:30 on a sunday is particularly odd, but still, just wondering.

Just watched the first episode. It was really great but didn't really live up to the hype, I gotta say. Mabel came across cuter in all the numerous gifs, whereas the actual context of most of the jokes ended up being a bit on-the-nose (for example the "Yes/Definetly/Absoloutely" thing looked a lot funnier in the gif when it was just her being creepy behind the desk, rather than the unnecessary "I rigged it" punchline).

I dunno. It's a really cute show, very refreshingly animated amidst a bazillion flash animated shows, and the characters are superbly likeable. Just didn't find it as clever/funny/geared towards all ages as all the hype gave me the impression it was.

Definitely gonna keep watching though I think.

If I can make a personal comment, I thought the first episode was alright. I had about the same opinion as you, but I thought the second episode was hilarious. It's what really sold me on the show. You can watch the second episode from their official website right now:

http://tv.disney.go....tyfalls/videos/

(it's the Gobblewonker episode) Might be US only though.

Why does Stan remind me of that guy from Up (design-wise). ಠ_ಠ

That was my initial impression of the Stan as well. XD Coincidence most likely.

Edited by Agent York

Looks like YET ANOTHER new episode is airing tomorrow at 9/8c!

I could be wrong. That's what I got from the "Premiere Weekend continues tomorrow"

Edited by Dipper

Looks like YET ANOTHER new episode is airing tomorrow at 9/8c!

I could be wrong. That's what I got from the "Premiere Weekend continues tomorrow"

I'll check the DVR next commercial, but it makes sense.