Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

Looks like YET ANOTHER new episode is airing tomorrow at 9/8c!

I could be wrong. That's what I got from the "Premiere Weekend continues tomorrow"

I think it said "THREE BACK TO BACK EPISODES" air tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it's only the three that have aired so far.

I have the little message that appears at the end of the credits but the quality is crap because of light and whatnot, so here if anyone is curious:

photo3.jpg

Edit: Oh, wait, you people and you DVRs can get the message pfft laugh.png

Edited by Melru

Just checked, nope, next episode airs July 6th.

Just checked, nope, next episode airs July 6th.

It says "HE'S STILL IN THE VENTS"

So I guess they're gonna bring Larry back later.

Eh, I don't think he'll be back, it was probably just a gag. Wouldn't mind if he did though.

Didn't the last episode say something like "Next week: Return to Butt Island!" or something like that? Assuming it meant the next episode, which was this one, we obviously didn't, unless it actually meant next weeks episode... which, in that case, if they do go back to that island next week, kudos to that planning.

The highlight of this episode was really that scene with Dipper vs. Sherlock on the roof. The lighting was phenomenal, and I seriously lol'd when the "S" in shack fell! That was great! Just everything with that scene was really nice. The climaxes of these episodes have really impressed me so far.

I derped and didn't look into this show until now. What time will it regularly be one so I can set it to record?

Oh snaps!

I just watched the first episode of Gravity Falls and I have to say "WHOOOAAAA SHIT!" in a good way. I really laughed hard with this show. I wasn't expecting the big plot twist there but it worked humorously. Now excuse me while I hunt for more episodes.

Looks like I'm joining the 'watched the first episode, loved it, want more' club!

I think with a few more episodes this could be on-par with Regular Show for me. And that's pretty much my favourite show so that's saying a lot.

Hmm... to me it just kind of looks like a Regular Show / Flapjack wanna be. But I don't wanna be "that person" who bashes it but doesn't actually give it a chance, so I'll watch the pilot later on and post what I think of it later.

Hmm... to me it just kind of looks like a Regular Show / Flapjack wanna be.

Alex Hirsch, the creator of Flapjack, is the one behind this show.

Gotta see more episodes, but I did like the pilot, it was quirky plus the animation is AMAZING.

I derped and didn't look into this show until now. What time will it regularly be on so I can set it to record?

9:30pm EST on Fridays

Oh and here's a sneak peek of next week's episode,

The Hand That Rocks The Mabel (There's no way any kid is gonna get that joke)

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4

This show is to good for disney channel. That is a fact. but since it's there....Good job disney. So many funny jokes! This show is one that I think along with a few others will save TV for me. The characters are lovable, the music is so mysterious, the plot is engaging, yes. Plus I live in oregon and It just makes it more enjoying!:)

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, uh, I think I love this show.

No seriously this is is one of the best things I ever saw. If not the best albeit that's up to debate.

I do wonder what Stan is REALLY hiding.

9:30pm EST on Fridays

Oh and here's a sneak peek of next week's episode,

The Hand That Rocks The Mabel (There's no way any kid is gonna get that joke)

I'm watching it right now with my little brother.

FiOS has is up in the On Demand section for free.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoilers from the new episode! Don't click it unless you've seen the episode! I'll be recording it and putting it up shortly.

There's more than one book! You know how Dipper's book has a 3 on it? Gideon's book at the end has a 2 on it! Following this, I noticed that Dipper's book in the first Episode has a "Vol. 3" on the cover, implying that there are more books! And this proves it!

• Thumbs Up 2

I liked the pilot and it did make me laugh, though not particularly out loud. It doesn't feel particularly special to me yet but I'm willing to keep watching and give it a fair trial because I do want to like it.

Caught the third episode, and God I love this show. It's so quotable!

"You really think you can out wit me boy? I'm Sherlock bleeding Holmes! Have you seen my magnifying glass?! IT'S ENORMOUS!"

Edited by Balding Spider

I liked the pilot and it did make me laugh, though not particularly out loud. It doesn't feel particularly special to me yet but I'm willing to keep watching and give it a fair trial because I do want to like it.

I'd like to think that while the charm is universally approachable, a lot of the humor to be had is, much like Dusk said a few pages back, played a lot for the American crowd, particularly those who are acquainted with Oregon stereotypes. At least in the pilot episode that is. Alex Hirsch has stated that the concept of the series and the characters themselves are based off of his childhood summers going out camping with his twin sister and great aunt, and even Mabel herself is based off of his twin sister Ariel.

That said, the second episode is definitely a lot more funny-funny while still retaining a lot of the symbolism and subtleties that the show is pretty much basing itself off of.

I'd like to think that while the charm is universally approachable, a lot of the humor to be had is, much like Dusk said a few pages back, played a lot for the American crowd, particularly those who are acquainted with Oregon stereotypes. At least in the pilot episode that is. Alex Hirsch has stated that the concept of the series and the characters themselves are based off of his childhood summers going out camping with his twin sister and great aunt, and even Mabel herself is based off of his twin sister Ariel.

That said, the second episode is definitely a lot more funny-funny while still retaining a lot of the symbolism and subtleties that the show is pretty much basing itself off of.

Ah, that's good to know. I know nothing about Oregon, or most US states really, so maybe that's where I missed some humour. I do like the characters and the concept so I'll watch the next couple of episodes at some point to see how it progresses.

Recording Episode 4 right now.

I'll be streaming it later. I'll update this post when I'm ready to stream. Afterwards, I'll put it up on YouTube.

Somehow, we managed to get another treat on the premiere weekend.

Update: Won't be able to stream today. However the episode is recorded, so I am ready for tomorrow.

Edited by Dipper
  • Thumbs Up 1

Look at the bottom left

czN7P.jpg

"Llamas are nature's greatest warriors."

Holy Shit.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Mac has fucking quicktime so I can't play it. Guess ill wait until friday.

Well Dang, that was the best episode yet! Especially the surprises

So yeah, not only does Gideon have powers caused by an amulet, just like how Dipper has Vol. 3, he also has Vol.2 of the Mysterious Gravity Falls Book, which is how he found out about the amulet. I wonder who has Vol. 1, and I wonder how many Volumes are out there, though probably only 3 since the guy just stopped writing.

Also this episode is just hilarious, and pretty dark towards the end. Loving it!

Gideon's Dad "This was imported from Columbia"

Stan "Wow...I went to jail there once."

Edited by Nintendoga

Anyways, Here's the download link for Episode 4! The Hand That Rocks The Mabel

http://www.mediafire...dpm99k6qiayxk0w

Of course if you want to watch it this Friday, that's cool too.

Sorry Cola but you're too slow

Gravity Falls just keeps getting better and better.

Definitely looks like there's gonna be a much bigger plot behind all this as the series progresses, all the more reason to love this show even more.

Edited by Rusty Spy