Awoo.

Welcome to Gravity Falls!

Nintendoga

The Time Traveler's Pig was absolutely fantastic. Not only was it hilarious as always (Thanks in no small part to Mabel's usual adorability.), but I've never seen a comedy-based cartoon with such sharp continuity. Definitely one of the best episodes so far.

Ah, it's nice to finally see a GOOD show on Disney Channel besides Phineas and Ferb. Now if only Disney would get rid of it's teen shitcoms.

• Thumbs Up 5

You know...what did Mabel ever do with that Grappling Hook...

...that thing could have gotten them out of plenty of situations...

I've yet to watch the last 2 episodes, but Double Dipper was cool. They said "Dipper" was just a nickname so I'm wondering what his real name is? I'll just say TYRONE!!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watch Fight Fighters yet? It's a great episode, so many quote-worthy lines. And some character development. Ton of video game references, including Sonic!

(Dipper talks about not having any traditional power ups like Turkey legs, Pizza boxes or Gold Rings). They were all funny really. Rumble McSkirmish was hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just finished watching it.

This show really gets better as each episode goes on. This episode was so awesome, the videogame references really reminded me of Wreck-It Ralph and the subplot of Stan fearing heights was really funny. Also that 8-bit remix at the credits was awesome.

And the cryptogram is "SORRY, DIPPER, BUT YOUR WENDY IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE" (thanks to Rawrdom for telling me)

Really awesome, can't wait for Little Dipper.

THOSE QUOTES! THOSE REFERENCES! I'm so in love with this episode. So many video game references! It's amazing. My favourite episode so far, by far. Beat that, Wreck-It Ralph!

:P

"You can hide...but you CAN'T HIDE!"

I was lurking around in KnowYourMeme when I noticed they had a page for Gravity Falls, curiosity appeared and I stared at its gallery. And I particularly found interest in these fanarts of the Illuminati Pyramid Thingamajig from the show. Apparently the fanbase portraits it as a man with an elegant suit with... A pyramid head. (Spoiler'd for size)

1e5.png

Man, this episode was so fun to watch.

The animation for the videogame characters and effects was really well-made, along with the chiptune videogame music. And the videogame references throughout were just great!

And 8-bit GF? I'm throwing my money at the monitor but nothing is happening!

Edited by Miku Hatsune

That episode is probably my favorite one now. Knowing me though I'll be saying that again when the next episode comes out. This show just keeps getting better and better.

NO!!! RUMBLE!!!! All you wanted to do was go to the Soviet Union!

And if they made a game out of the credits sequence, I would totally insta-buy it. No questions asked.

Alright, I've officially seen every episode. Now I can post here.

"Fight Fighters" was fucking amazing. I think we've already said it all-- the video game references, the solid animation and music, and the general sense that the writers love video games-- made it a very fun episode. But one thing that really stood out to me was that I really felt Dipper was stepping into some shit when Robbie challenged him. We've gotten several "Dipper likes Wendy but her boyfriend's a douche" episodes lately, but they don't get tiring or anything. This one, especially, was very fresh.

Overall, this show is a very rare beast. It literally gets better and better every episode. As for characters, Mabel is adorable and really quirky. I see a lot of myself in Dipper. Grunkle Stan has something hilarious to say whenever he opens his mouth. Soos is actually a much funnier character than I thought he would be. I figured he'd just be some fat guy who makes fat jokes. but he's really funniest when he's a big guy in a little kid's body. Which is most of the time.

I guess I'm a Faller or whatever. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Paul Robertson, did the sprites for Fight Fighters

I fucking knew it!

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1