Awoo.

Resonance of Fate

ShadiWulf

3531515695_4a91661cbf_o.jpg

SEGA of America and SEGA of Europe have revealed that Resonance of Fate, known as End of Eternity in Japan, will be making its way to the west in Spring 2010!

The game’s developers, Tri-Ace, are a name you should be familiar with if you know anything about your JRPGs. This is actually the first time in history they’ve fully partnered up with a publisher other than Enix/Square-Enix, and their past roster of games - like Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile - are a very good benchmark for the quality of games their team pumps out.

What’s the story behind Resonance of Fate? Curious fans will have to wait just a bit longer (or read Famitsu) to get into the real meat of it - but until then, we’ll let you entertain your imagination with a few screenshots to couple with the announcement.

The game will be releasing for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, so all you next-gen console owners are set.

First US/EU Trailer:

HD:

&fmt=22

First Japanese Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese...onance-of/48018

Japanese Gameplay Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese...onance-of/49610

Screens:

364.jpg

365.jpg

• Bad Quality Post 1

The screenshots show 75% of the Colors are Brown. PLEASE have an open grassy area, with PLENTY OF COLOR! Im sorry, but i just don't like how alot of realistic graphic games have mostly Brown as the main color. Bickering aside, sounds great.

The screenshots show 75% of the Colors are Brown. PLEASE have an open grassy area, with PLENTY OF COLOR! Im sorry, but i just don't like how alot of realistic graphic games have mostly Brown as the main color. Bickering aside, sounds great.
Welcome to the future, it's a shitty place.

Not every videogame has to look like Green Hill Zone, you know.

I like the gritty look of the game, then again I've never been one to care too much about graphics as long as the gameplay was great. I can say I'm interested in Resonance of Fate, what can I say I'm into RPG's (specifically JRPG's) this generation.

For a RPG, having a "gritty" environment is kind of novel. We don't get many contemporary/grim-ish future titles on this genre, think of it like having a colorful WWII FPS.

Since it's a Tri-Ace game, I expect:

+ 60fps

+ Awesome battle system

+ Sexy Sakuraba music

- Terrible plot

- Cringeworthy cutscenes

- Shitty character design

If it was on the Wii you would love it if it looked like Gears of War (in terms of color, impossible to get gears of war type graphics on Wii)

^ I was just being funny. There was something about that on VGcats, thought i would point it out here.

Anyways, I got faith in this game, SEGA is a great publisher. I hope SEGA is in charge of the localization for this game, Tri-ace screwed up Star Ocean 4 big time, changing the good animated portraits to lame generic CGI. Leave the game the way it was meant to be for the whole world it was meant to be a Japanese cheesy Sci-fi JRPG, keep it that way! stop trying to sell it to the horrible masses in the US that love HALO and Mass Effect, they still never bought the game.

^ Pretty much, I agree with everything you said. You hate Halo & Mass Effect? I do too!

I like HALO, havent played mass effect, im sure it's fun in it's own way. I'm just saying Tri-Ace trying to make Star Ocean 4 seem like one of those games in the US was a stupid idea, it alienated it's original fanbase and the demographic they were aiming at still didn't give a fuck.

For a RPG, having a "gritty" environment is kind of novel. We don't get many contemporary/grim-ish future titles on this genre, think of it like having a colorful WWII FPS.

Since it's a Tri-Ace game, I expect:

+ 60fps

+ Awesome battle system

+ Sexy Sakuraba music

- Terrible plot

- Cringeworthy cutscenes

- Shitty character design

After playing Star Ocean 4, I must agree with you... especially on the cringe worthy cutscenes part. The only thing I liked about SO4 was the combat system, the plot was just stupid, I mean seriously (

one character disappears and reappears out of thin air at the end of the game like "Hai guiz I'm teh fnal boss, beat me and my stupid high power level!"

, pleh omg... but I liked it...)

Edited by silencer226

• 4 months later...

A Tri-Ace RPG? There are a million other RPG developers SEGA could have partnered with, I wouldn't expect this to be an instant classic.

Yes it is brown, and I hate the brownness thing. Realism =/= Brown, it's the most boring "atmospheric style xDDD" of all time, and I don't know how anyone can be drawn into it.

Also Remz, surely you know as well as I do that colour doesn't always mean Sonic, Mario and Pokémon in primary colour adventures.

I hated the brownness in Twilight Princess, it was completely unecessary and made it look boring.

PS GoW2 isn't as brown as people say it is.

EDIT: Anyway, I went too offtopic since it's not really that brown in the trailers and other screens, but there you go, a minirant from me to you. You'd think Sakuraba could make the music a little more different from SO music though? He does it fine for Camelot games.

Edited by SuperLink

A Tri-Ace RPG? There are a million other RPG developers SEGA could have partnered with, I wouldn't expect this to be an instant classic.

Tri Ace make good games. (or rather, made good games)

Yes it is brown, and I hate the brownness thing. Realism =/= Brown, it's the most boring "atmospheric style xDDD" of all time, and I don't know how anyone can be drawn into it.

Welcome to the future, it's a shitty place.

Takayuki Suguro: It takes place in the Earth's distant future, where the air has become so polluted that people can't really live in the outside environment, so the humans have come up with machine tower called Bazel, which cleans the air and the water, and produces the things you need for your everyday life. Everything outside of this machine is so polluted that almost all the humans are living in this tower. In the tower, the higher you go, the more power and wealth the people have. The guys at the very top are the strongest people, and in this game they're called Cardinals. They're basically the governors or rulers of this world…
Totally the kind of conditions for green fields and rainbows

• 8 years later...

Huge necro-bumping because of a couple of things happening these days:

1)Tri-Ace is announcing something on the 20th: https://gematsu.com/2018/09/tri-ace-to-announce-new-title-at-tgs-2018
2)German retailer USK has rated Resonance of Fate for PS4 and PC (use the search bar): http://www.usk.de/en/
3)These Twitter accounts are being used again after a long absence:
*https://twitter.com/Zephyr_eoe
*https://twitter.com/Vashyron
*https://twitter.com/Reanbell

Consider me interested.