Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

I can't stand when Sonic fans give Sonic this overly cute/soft side. DeviantArt is the worst in this case.

Knuckles_Sonic_and_Tails_by_JAKCAR.png

....Is it wrong that I kinda like this picture?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the goal rings are pretty lame. I guess it's part of an overarching lack of context most levels have.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the shy Sonic is much worse...

Sonic actually looks cute-ish depending on the pose... (In 2D at least)

The "if you prefer the old games to the newer, you're obviously blinded by nostalgia goggles" mentality, along with "3D Sonic game automatically equals complete shit" mentalities both bother me. I'm admittedly less fond of the 3D games, overall, but I still enjoy them on the whole.

Recolor, unoriginal fancharacters. However, almost even more annoying are the people who peg -all- fancharacters as automatically terribru. Sturgeon's Law applies; there's a lot of shit to wade through, but not all of it is.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't stand when Sonic fans give Sonic this overly cute/soft side. DeviantArt is the worst in this case.

Knuckles_Sonic_and_Tails_by_JAKCAR.png

Looks like Knuckles had an accident. sad.png

I think the goal rings are pretty lame. I guess it's part of an overarching lack of context most levels have.

I always figured they existed because manoeuvring onto the button of a capsule was kinda iffy within a 3D space. It takes less finesse to simply touch a big floating ring. I think that same concept applies to the double horizontal checkpoint posts in 3D vs. the single, vertical posts in 2D.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda mad they got rid of the Egg Hammers in later games.

The stages in Sonic 06 (save for Crisis City and Kingdom Valley) looked horribly bland and forgettable. I understand they wanted to go with a more realistic style but it really backfired. Wave Ocean was nothing but an Emerald Coast rehash and Dusty Desert is really a snore fest in terms of art design.

• Thumbs Up 1

The stages in Sonic 06 (save for Crisis City and Kingdom Valley) looked horribly bland and forgettable. I understand they wanted to go with a more realistic style but it really backfired. Wave Ocean was nothing but an Emerald Coast rehash and Dusty Desert is really a snore fest in terms of art design.

I really don't see how KV and CC are any less generic.

Speaking of fan-creations related pet peeves: when people draw Sonic characters in diapers. What the hell is up with that crap? And sometimes it doesn't even seem like it's supposed to be a baby-version of the character, just the plain old character but with a diaper. And sometimes the diapers appears to be... full. And it's like, good God, whenever i see one of those pictures i feel like the artist who drew it should be worried about his immortal soul.

• Thumbs Up 4

I always figured they existed because manoeuvring onto the button of a capsule was kinda iffy within a 3D space. It takes less finesse to simply touch a big floating ring. I think that same concept applies to the double horizontal checkpoint posts in 3D vs. the single, vertical posts in 2D.

What I'm looking for is the levels to roll right into one another Sonic 3 style.

In SA1 you're actually automatically guided toward the capsules. Next time you play the game, jump towards the capsule and see how you have to fight to not land on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate it when it's taken to the extreme and this happens:

tumblr_m6qjkfAKiW1qch2z3o1_500.jpg

Oh great, memories of Soniclove00 from Sega Forums are now coming back to me again.... >_<

I really hate the mentality that not taking any risks means everything's terrible in this series, as if there are only risks that work out positively because everything is an idealised situation because the fans "know what they're talking about". And that if Sonic Team took a risk and fucked up again it wouldn't be "at least they're giving the risk taking a go" it would just be "you fucked up fans know better."

Not to say that the direction we have now is perfect, it's the black and white mentality.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 4

What I'm looking for is the levels to roll right into one another Sonic 3 style.

I really hate the mentality that not taking any risks means everything's terrible in this series, as if there are only risks that work out positively because everything is an idealised situation because the fans "know what they're talking about". And that if Sonic Team took a risk and fucked up again it wouldn't be "at least they're giving the risk taking a go" it would just be "you fucked up fans know better."

Not to say that the direction we have now is perfect, it's the black and white mentality.

• Thumbs Up 2

Recently getting back into Chao raising, I was faced again by the annoying aspects of it. Don't get me wrong, I love Chao. But it gets needlessly frustrating.

- It's annoying when you attempt to shake fruit off of a tree only for a falling fruit to break your grip on the tree before all of them have fallen off.

- You should be allowed to keep more than 8 Chao in a garden.

- That moment when you're trying to feed fruit/Chaos Drives/Animals to a Chao and another Chao who is in love with you starts chasing after you, forcing you to stop it's attentions out of the fear that you'll accidentally give it the stuff you are giving to the other Chao.

- That moment when the Black Market isn't stocking the item you need/want and then you wait and wait for it to do so.

- Chao being too busy looking up at you instead of eating it's damn food when you give it some.

- Not getting your money's worth of Round/Triangle/Cube Fruit from a planted tree before it dies.

- Two Heart fruit-fed Chao who are more interested in sleeping/doing something else than mating, making you waste 600 Rings a pop.

- Not getting a desired colour/getting a "WTF?" coloured Chao when you mate two Chao and are expecting a specific colour/combination.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Ah yes, those were annoying. But what I also find annoying is how looooong it takes for a Chao to become an adult, and then reincarnate or die again. Is that just me? I don't think my Chao have ever died because I never get to witness it!

My phone doesn't seem to want to let me quote. So @Batson- haven't hung around furries much, have you... >_>; There's some weird-ass shit to be found.

Indeed, the signpost and animal capsules were way cooler and just felt more relevant. I especially love how it was done with Classic Sonic in Generations and with the Wisp capsules at the ends of some levels in Sonic Colours.

'The world's fastest supersonic hedgehog' - what does this mean? Is Sonic the world's fastest hedgehog and happen to be supersonic? Or does it mean he's the fastest of all the supersonic hedgehogs? Could be interpreted both ways.

'The world's fastest supersonic hedgehog' - what does this mean? Is Sonic the world's fastest hedgehog and happen to be supersonic? Or does it mean he's the fastest of all the supersonic hedgehogs? Could be interpreted both ways.

There could be more than one supersonic hedgehog; I would like to meet the world's SLOWEST one.

There could be more than one supersonic hedgehog; I would like to meet the world's SLOWEST one.

Like this guy?

Silver_hedgehog.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Like this guy?

Silver_hedgehog.png

Silver can actually move at the speed of sound?

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver can actually move at the speed of sound?

Well when he's flying he can. On foot however...

I always think that all the anthro characters are supposed to be super-speedy, with Sonic regarded as the fastest. The only times when anyone has ever been slow would be in SA1 and '06, whereas in all other games their speed has been shown off to it's full potential. That can be either breaking the sound barrier in the Advance series, or being able to keep up with the speed characters in Heroes.

Edited by Blue Blood