Aero

Sonic-related pet peeves?

sonic-generations-xbox360-boxart.jpg

Best defense for that quote ever

Honestly the only Sonic fans who didn't enjoy this game are the kind of fans who throw a shit-fit because Sonic isn't the right shade of blue.

Or they have actual genuine reasons (for example, Diogenes) and not some hand-wave shallow reasons like Sonic's shade of blue (oh look, a pet peeve of mine).

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it's a great game. But it's not a crime if someone happens to not like a game you enjoy.

You're right. She's a rip off.

And Babs is a ripoff of Buster Bunny.

300px-BusterBabs.jpg

Edited by The Noodle

Pff, wrong.

They are both ripoffs of Bugs Bunny.

Pff, I'll take that further. Everyone in Tiny Toons Adventures is a rip off of the Looney Tunes characters. While that doesn't stop them from being their own distinct characters, they were still formed in the image similar to other characters who came before them.

In the same sense, this is how Fiona is a rip off of Tails. Yes, we can identify her as a whole different character, but that still doesn't stop the similarities between her and Tails.

A pet peeve that I have is how '06 became the Macbeth of Sonic games; that absolutely nothing came out of it, and therefore it is taboo to talk about. For one thing, it has Silver, which aside from the whiny voice in that game, is a great character. The music is amazing, but...

If you say '06, all people talk about is Elise's kiss, and I bet half the people that talk about it didn't even beat the game to the point of unlocking the Last Story.

Edit: The "people" in this context are the people who played this game, including those that are not Sonic fans like we are.

Edited by tenchibr

It really was never that clear what species she was.

Honestly, given that her grandfather was a lion, her being a tiger should have been the logical conclusion. Now, while a lot thought that anyway, some thought she was a red panda. While not as logical, it's at least easy to see where they got it from in the confusion.

NOBODY thought she was a red fox in her appearance, so why on earth change her to that?

Pet peeves of mine? Um, not much, as I'm pretty lax about most things with the Sonic fandom.

I guess if I were to pick one, it would be Sonic fans who treat Unleashed as the holy grail of 3-D Sonic gaming. I'll grant that the Day stages were a nice change of pace (no pun intended) and it's got some nice world-building. At the same time, though, you can't expect a given player to just up and ignore the lengthy Night stages, Chip, medal hunting, Saturday-morning cartoon tone, and Chip and not have them ask themselves if it's truly worth it. Sure, there are a lot of thick-headed people out there who just go "lol werehog iz suxxorz," but that doesn't mean it's not a legitimate complaint. When you have to ignore or slough through a large portion of the game just to have fun, can I say that it's worthy of such high praise? This was a huge make-or-break point back when the Adventure games did it, and the same is true of Unleashed. It says something that Sonic Colors got such critical praise when most of all it did was just trim the fat from Unleashed's model (and the world-buliding, sadly).

-The bosses were lame

-Got boring very quickly

-about an hour long

-Time Eater was the worst final boss ever

-dialogue was so bland that it didn't even need to be there.

The game is entirely forgettable. Give me one reason other than nostalgia and alternate pathways as to why I should say otherwise.

I'm going to quote Soniman here (his quote wasn't directed at you, 1991boy, but I think it's relevant here)...

^^Pretty much this. Doesn't matter if it's Sonic's 20th Anniversary. If someone doesn't like it, they don't like it.

I hate how the homing attack disables all momentum in the recent games. I don't just don't like it. I HATE it. It's been the main cause of my deaths in Generations because I think in order to make a jump, I need a boost but not GOTTA GO FAST tier boost that has its own button, as that would have me overshoot it. It's annoying how using a homing attack one of the quickest ways to slow Sonic down, next to stomping and slamming into a wall. It should not be.

Shippers aren't all bad. Although it's not my taste, there's the small crowd of people that know when and where their stuff is accepted, but then there's the people whom I've made a term for: Battleshippers. As in, the ones that always ship a certain pairing, in every story they do, and would fire every single fanon cannon on board at the sight of an enemy ship or a disagreeing view. The ones that go out of their way to plaster their preferences on everybody else. Pride is a deadly sin, people, and this is coming from the guy named "Mr. Awesomest".