Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

I really, really hate Sonic the Comic Online. Why cant Rouge turn good there? Please, kill of Porker Lewis, as I cant stand him, and replace him with Rouge.

On top of that, in some places and sites and whatnot, simply the mention/posting of anything Sonic is enough to cause a riot, to the point that anything related to the franchise is banned because of all the flame fests it brings.

It's another reason - in addition to the insane fanbase itself - on why it feels so difficult to be taken seriously as a Sonic fan, because no one else bothers to listen. Sonic's like the stepchild that everyone else points and laughs at. And again, I usually tend to like both Sonic and whatever the other side is, so it's doubly upsetting to see the constant clashing.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why cant Rouge turn good there?

Erm... I think Rouge is good, she's just not very nice.

I really, really hate Sonic the Comic Online. Why cant Rouge turn good there? Please, kill of Porker Lewis, as I cant stand him, and replace him with Rouge.

Killing off one character in order to completely derail another one a good idea does not make.

Seeing as how Sonic X is old now, I may be beating a dead horse but..It aggravated me how Chris, instead of Amy, was the one to inspire Shadow in the Sonic Adventure 2 arc. They could have at least *tried* to stay true to the game..

Seeing as how Sonic X is old now, I may be beating a dead horse but..It aggravated me how Chris, instead of Amy, was the one to inspire Shadow in the Sonic Adventure 2 arc. They could have at least *tried* to stay true to the game..

True, but at least seeing Shadow beat him up was enjoyable to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

There should've been a whole episode of Eggman just kicking Chris in the ribs. THAT, I would pay money for.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it speaks volumes that people are advocating child abuse from Shadow, which would normally be seen as a truly immoral act.

I think it speaks volumes that people are advocating child abuse from Shadow, which would normally be seen as a truly immoral act.

Shadow might be capable of being a dick, but I doubt he would sink to that level, especially when you keep his previous interactions in mind.

Shadow clearly doesn't think highly of children.

"This is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me." Shadow, Shadow the Hedgehog

People just want Sega to keep their characters consistent!

Shadow might be capable of being a dick, but I doubt he would sink to that level, especially when you keep his previous interactions in mind.

See above quote.

Edited by Wario wants a damn WiiU
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haha, you're trying to imply Chris is anything but subhuman.

Hilarious.

Sonic X disagrees with you, dude not only beat up Chris, but Tails too and was going to kill Cosmo without hesitation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic X disagrees with you, dude not only beat up Chris, but Tails too and was going to kill Cosmo without hesitation.

Eh, I haven't watched that in forever, so I missed stuff.

I'm fairly sure it has nothing to do with Chris being a child and everything to do with him being an insufferable illiterate.

...Not that any sane person would condone child abuse in any way regardless or anything. They simply have the "he's a child" part zoom over their heads in the case of Shadow VS Chris.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Speaking of Sonic X, I can't believe I haven't yet cited this as a peeve of mine; Sonic's emotional distance when Tails is distraught over Cosmo's demise in episode 78.

io3h52.png

Yeah yeah, you could say that Sonic was distraught too at Cosmo's death especially considering that he was effectively the bullet that killed her but then X Sonic is still characterized as having a great degree of emotional control, it only faltering under certain circumstances. Wouldn't it have killed for Sonic to have hugged Tails and comforted him even if it would likely have resulted in Tails trying to push him away? And yet Sonic was emotionally open enough to give Chris hugs and comfort on multiple occasions.

I dunno, maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong angle given that it's possibly intended for Sonic to not comfort Tails out of shame or because he doesn't know how to react but I still think that scene would have been better had it shown Sonic giving Tails a silent hug or something...

• Thumbs Up 7

I humbly agreed. If they had to have used a human character instead of Amy, then why not use Helen? Her simply being a better character than Chris aside, at least she bears a closer and more believable resemblance to Maria.

Well in the Sonic X universe, Sonic could basically give less than a shit about anyone that's not named Chris, seriously he interacts with the cast even less so than he does in the games, at least there Sonic makes conversation on their adventures, in X you get the feeling that Sonic treats them as tools.

I'm not sure whether or not it's just due to show's overall focus on Chris Thorndyke over the others, but to be frank, Sonic's Sonic X characterization in general is rather weak and lacking in agency. I mean... lazing around on top some roof like a fool, ignoring his friends (except Chris, of course rolleyes.gif) for the most part until the Robot Monster of the Week rears its ugly head and is promptly destroyed with little-to-no effort on his part? If that's not meh characterization, then I don't know what is!

• Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of Sonic X.....

....did Metal Sonic ever appear in the show, like at all?

I can't believe I now just though of this.

No. He did not. Instead you got Decoe, Bocue and Bokkun. And then the anime robots Metarex in Season 3.

Yay.

• Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of Sonic X.....

Of course he-

Wait, no he didn't. What the hell?

Speaking of Sonic X.....

As far the show is concerned, Metal Sonic didn't appear once. In fact, no robot Sonic appears in the show.

In the comic, on the other hand, he did appear in the final issue, but for reasons pertaining to the main Archie Sonic comic, it's not a Sonic X version of Metal, but the "main" Metal Sonic transported there in a Chaos Control with Shadow. Also, those Sonic copies from Issue #25 count also count as being robot Sonics.

Edited by Komodin

I'm actually sort of surprised that the only animated adaptation he's appeared in is the OVA. You'd think X would have made their own crap adaptation of Heroes, and thank fuck they didn't since the original case of Robotnik being locked up was bad enough.

I mean, even Battle had it's own not-really-adaptation.

caseback.jpg

Spoilered for being a big image but for years the middle screenshot on the back of the Adventure case always bugged me because I thought it was Sonic riding a bobsled in a cut area of the game. Only recently did I realise it's actually his snowboard from Ice Cap!

Duh!

• Thumbs Up 2

In the Japanese Sonic X, you saw Shadow really beat up Chris.

Just another moment robbed from us by 4Kids.