Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

If they're going to write Sonic as a dick, it should be done like the OVA. Sonic was just the right amount of dickishness in that movie, in that he could still be likable.

• Thumbs Up 6

[snip]

Meh

Wow, that's way more dickish than I expected. I mean, he was being an asshole.

Hey! I just realised I have another pet peeve!

Blaze_6.png

Why are Blaze's ear's a different colour to her muzzle? It seems a bit inconsistant...

Hell, the series needs an expanded Rogues gallery in the first place.

Yeah, when you take all the Sonic villains, throw out the ones who have never appeared in a long time, are recolours and are MOTWs, all you're left with are Eggman and Metal.

Seriously, WHO thought Blaze and Sonic should be different looking counterparts, yet have Nega and Eggman be nigh-identical counterparts?! Nega and Mephiles might as well be signs that SEGA endorses recolours.

Blaze_6.png

Why are Blaze's ear's a different colour to her muzzle? It seems a bit inconsistant...

I never noticed that about Blaze! Also, what's with the red orb on her head? Is it an accessory? Is it pernamently stuck in her skull? Does it have any connection to her powers, the Sol Emeralds, her position etc.?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Blaze_6.png

Blaze would have a really nice ass if it wasnt for that tail.

Oh wait, we were talking about ears...

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaze_6.png

Her muzzle is covered in white fur, and her inner ears are furless. There's no real pattern though, considering Tails has fur in both places and Rouge doesn't have any in either. Blaze probably would look better with white inner ears though.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think we needed to know that, man...

• Thumbs Up 5

Miru agrees with this.

Why would having a tail mean that Blaze doesn't have a nice ass?

Bah, confound that Miru. I happen to like Blaze, so his tomfoolery is tearing me apart. Ohidoggie.

• Thumbs Up 3

Same here. I mean, I love Blaze, but I don't loooooove Blaze.

Another pet peeve of mine is that the Sonic OVA has, probably, the most interesting versions of all of the characters and the world Sonic and Co. live in, yet we haven't seen a shred of influence from it in anything. Think about how many things it has that most everyone wants.

Metal Sonic ACTUALLY being a badass and a threat? Check.

Hilarious Eggman characterization? Check.

Interesting, imaginative world (fantasy up top, real world below, as Wraith put it)? Check.

Sonic's character done EXTREMELY right? Check.

Same for Tails? Check.

Same for post-3 Knuckles? Check (although this Knuckles is almost an entirely different character than the one in the games, his "older brother" attitude toward Sonic is wonderful).

Cool Final Boss? Check.

Nearly bare breasts? Check.

Anyway, the OVA was baws. We need more stuff like it.

• Thumbs Up 6

If they're going to write Sonic as a dick, it should be done like the OVA. Sonic was just the right amount of dickishness in that movie, in that he could still be likable.

In Fleetway, he kind of paid for his dickishness with the death of his friend, although that was all the way at the end...

I never noticed that about Blaze! Also, what's with the red orb on her head? Is it an accessory? Is it pernamently stuck in her skull? Does it have any connection to her powers, the Sol Emeralds, her position etc.?

I think it's a jewel, and I do believe it's meant to be a Bindi. Here's what Wiki have to say if you're curious:

A bindi (Hindi: बिंदी, from Sanskrit bindu, meaning "a drop, small particle, dot"), or a bottu/tikuli is a forehead decoration worn in South Asia (particularly India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Mauritius) and Southeast Asia. Traditionally it is a bright dot of red color applied in the center of the forehead close to the eyebrows, but it can also consist of a sign or piece of jewelry worn at this location.

You can read the full article here. It would appear Shahra has one too.

480px-Shahra.jpg

My guest is Sonic Team added it to the designs to make them look "exotic". Or maybe they were going for a bit of multi-cultualrism, but I doubt it.

Her muzzle is covered in white fur, and her inner ears are furless. There's no real pattern though, considering Tails has fur in both places and Rouge doesn't have any in either. Blaze probably would look better with white inner ears though.

Hmm. I think it's debatable whether the "flesh tone" is actually bald skin, or just toned fur/markings. My problem is that Blaze has two colours for her basic body pallete - Usually the colour of the ears is the same colour as the muzzle. Blaze seems to be the only exception.

Also, I can't tell from the lighting on my computer... but does Blaze have a white belly patch like on Sonic/Tails/Mighty/Big, or is it just completely purple - Like Amy's supposed to be? This is the only outfit where we get to see her stomach.

Makes wonder if Sonic team have a detailed designs of the entire crew and their fur markings. Probably not.

I think Blaze's stomach is all purple. I don't think she has a belly button either.

Hmm. I think it's debatable whether the "flesh tone" is actually bald skin, or just toned fur/markings. My problem is that Blaze has two colours for her basic body pallete - Usually the colour of the ears is the same colour as the muzzle. Blaze seems to be the only exception.

Also, I can't tell from the lighting on my computer... but does Blaze have a white belly patch like on Sonic/Tails/Mighty/Big, or is it just completely purple - Like Amy's supposed to be? This is the only outfit where we get to see her stomach.

Makes wonder if Sonic team have a detailed designs of the entire crew and their fur markings. Probably not.

Purple belly. It's hard to see in that render, but you can see it fine here:

purplebelly.png

Yeah, with the beige ears and white fur elsewhere, Blaze has an extra colour on her body. Even Big only has purple and white. It's an odd choice. I'm sure it's skin though. That's the colour Sonic Team use for the character's skin, and it's smooth instead of textured.

Edited by Blue Blood

Sonic's character done EXTREMELY right? Check.

I've never seen the OVA but I've heard that in it, Sonic was kind of a dick. And I read somewhere else that Sonic and Tails were "at odds" with one another, or something like that. But again, I haven't seen it... So is that true? Or is part of it true? I guess I'm just asking for input on what I heard tongue.png

Edited by Frogging101

I've never seen the OVA but I've heard that in it, Sonic was kind of a dick. And I read somewhere else that Sonic and Tails were "at odds" with one another, or something like that. But again, I haven't seen it... So is that true? Or is part of it true? I guess I'm just asking for input on what I heard tongue.png

>never seen the sonic ova

son

you

youtube

now

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe...depends on what you think of

and this.

Y'know, you never see many people wanting OVA Sonic's voice actor to voice him in the games compared to those who want Jaleel White or Ryan Drummond or Jason Griffith.

Y'know, you never see many people wanting OVA Sonic's voice actor to voice him in the games compared to those who want Jaleel White or Ryan Drummond or Jason Griffith.

Probably because no one ever seems to remember him.

Probably 'cause he sounds like a British Male 4Kids Rouge, guvna.