Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

I'll give you three good reasons why Metropolis Zone (and its expy, Mad Gear) is Hell on Earth/Mobius/WhateverSonic'sPlanetIsCalledNowadays:

1) Asteron

2) Shellcracker

3) Slicer

The level design is alright, but those three badniks are why I simply can't like that zone.

Asterons aren't really a problem if you take into account that Tails jumps one second after you do, if you time jumping on the gears right they won't ever attack you, except in that one narrow spinning gear section.

I could say the same for any modern sanic game

Seriously, it's all down to opinion but what I mean is...

If Metropolis gets that kinda comment from him, it's like Planet Wisp.

Everything he said applies to Planet Wisp too so why hate that but not Metropolis? Oh wait, he doesn't like the new gameplay style.

• Thumbs Up 1

When old and/or touchy subjects are purposely brought back up for no other reason than: "lol we haven't waged war over this subject in awhile, so why not?"

[/vent]

• Thumbs Up 6

When people say Blaze and Rouge wouldn't meirt indepenednt toy release, while Big and freaking Storm would.

When people say Blaze and Rouge wouldn't meirt indepenednt toy release, while Big and freaking Storm would.

Who the hell even suggested this? :I

• Thumbs Up 3

Who the hell even suggested this? :I

That random inner fratboy (reference, hint hint*) in miru's head that is whispering thoughts of madness into him, saying:

"You must worship Blaze and Rouge; all others are evil."

• Thumbs Up 1

If you don't want a Big toy you can't be my friend.

I don't want a Big toy and I'm your friend. :(

Okay...I'll take a Big toy after I've collected all the others I want. :P

I hate how people say that I got into Sonic for all the wrong reasons whenever I tell them that Sonic Adventure 2 was my first Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate how people say that I got into Sonic for all the wrong reasons whenever I tell them that Sonic Adventure 2 was my first Sonic game.

I hate it when people get mad at me whenever I say Archie is better in my opinion.

I always need to put an emphasis on opinion when I bring this up.

Someone actually used Generations story in an argument about why SEGA makes better stories.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice
  • Thumbs Up 1

The character fanaticism wars have always been the most fun part of the base.

Always found it sad so many folks only are in it for one character and not the Blue Blur himself.

The character fanaticism wars have always been the most fun part of the base.

Always found it sad so many folks only are in it for one character and not the Blue Blur himself.

Well surprisingly enough, not everyone necessarily likes Sonic himself; to be honest, I personally feel very apathetic to him at best.

I'm not requesting folks be head over heels with him, just give him the respect he is due. When I hear someone who likes Shadow, Amy, Knuckles, etc. say "Sonic sucks," my blood boils.

Honor thy forefather and whatnot. For it is from him that ye descend and because of him that ye exist. :P

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not requesting folks be head over heels with him, just give him the respect he is due. When I hear someone who likes Shadow, Amy, Knuckles, etc. say "Sonic sucks," my blood boils.

Honor thy forefather and whatnot. For it is from him that ye descend and because of him that ye exist. tongue.png

I'd say that as long as people acknowledge that Sonic himself is responsible for the existance of all of their own favorite Sonic characters, they can dislike him as much as they want. That's basically how i feel about a lot of things regarding pop culture. Like, you can hate the old Adam West Batman show all you want but dont you dare try to downplay its significane to the Batman franchise (by which i of course mean that it was what made Batman truly well known even among people who doesnt read comics).

Edited by batson

Honor thy forefather and whatnot. For it is from him that ye descend and because of him that ye exist. tongue.png

It's not so much other people not liking Sonic, but using that as an excuse to say things like "replace him" or "Sonic's so bland and boring, X character should be the protagonist" ignoring the fact that none of their favorite characters wouldn't be half as interesting with Sonic around.

Adults in thier Mid 20's-early 30's who stick around this fanbase only to shit on younger, newer fans and even fans who have been playing thses games as long as or even longer than they have simply because they like the new games they hate. It's beyond patheic and hurts the community.

• Thumbs Up 4

Adults in thier Mid 20's-early 30's who stick around this fanbase only to shit on younger, newer fans and even fans who have been playing thses games as long as or even longer than they have simply because they like the new games they hate. It's beyond patheic and hurts the community.

Here, here.

What really gets obnoxious is when those older fans and/or Retro fanatics simply refuse to acknowledge Generations and Colors altogether.

Really sad that games about murdering tons of people with guns are now the "cool" thing, but a more relaxed, lighthearted story isn't. Stupid macho bullcrap.

Y'know what's funny? Metropolis's badniks look like the predecesors to Syther, Kingler and Staryu.

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know what's funny? Metropolis's badniks look like the predecesors to Syther, Kingler and Staryu.

Oh god cannot unsee that now.

Thank you very much sir.

Really sad that games about murdering tons of people with guns are now the "cool" thing,
This was always the "cool" thing.

Because they're based on the same animals... Edited by hella jeff

Because they're based on the same animals...

Obvioulsly, but I've never seen a real crab with one claw twice as large as the other, or a real starfish with a jewel embedded in it's centre.

Obvioulsly, but I've never seen a real crab with one claw twice as large as the other, or a real starfish with a jewel embedded in it's centre.

Fiddler crab

Fiddler_crab.jpg

Starfish in jewelery are often adorned with gems in the centre too. It's a neat observation at any way. Random coincidence, but still cool.

Edited by Blue Blood