Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Obvioulsly, but I've never seen a real crab with one claw twice as large as the other,
unNy1.jpg

or a real starfish with a jewel embedded in it's centre.
Asteron doesn't have a jewel, it has an eye. And where else are you going to put a thing on a starfish?

Well, ya got me there.

EDIT: Diojeff, looks like Blue Blood beat you to it.

Also, I hate it when fan art has incorrect anatomy for Sonic characters (i.e. Blaze's eyes are separate, not joined).

Though some like this one (link might be SFW, but I don't recommend you click on it) dismiss this as an excuse to create pictures they can fap to...

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry that I tempted you to gaze at that hive of vomit.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Well, ya got me there.

Also, I hate it when fan art has incorrect anatomy for Sonic characters (i.e. Blaze's eyes are separate, not joined).

Though some like this one (link might be SFW, but I don't recommend you click on it) dismiss this as an excuse to create pictures they can fap to...

Ah, foot fetishism. Of course.

Here's another pet peeve of mine. Fetishistic fanart. Fetishism in general bugs the hell out of me, but with Sonic characters? No. Just... no. They do not go together at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's another pet peeve of mine. Fetishistic fanart. Fetishism in general bugs the hell out of me, but with Sonic characters? No. Just... no. They do not go together at all.

A-fucking-gree.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

The problem I have is that they usually feel the need to flaunt it all over the place.

It's fine if... things meet your interests, with or without anthropomorphic characters, but don't force them upon others, please.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

I feel sorry for the children who might come across some of those pictures...especially things like vore.

Anyway, I find the amount of Sonic high school AU fanfiction to be annoying. Sure, the archie comics did it first, but at least there it didn't last too long. But these high school fanfics---it just seems like a way to ship characters together, and it just doesn't fit the Sonic series because it's an action/adventure genre(besides platforming.) Maybe it could be done well, but most of the time those types of fanfics are pretty boring.

Edited by colorfulzones104

"MOOMMYY! I'M SCARED! WHY IS THE BAT-LADY EATING THE BUNNY?!" *sobs*

"And why is So-

...sorry, no. I can't bring myself to even think of one. It's just too much.

In any case, like I said, having your own strange and harmless interests is usually fine in itself however weird, everyone has their fair share of things. But why do they always insist on suffocating the viewer with them? They could simply be trying to find a cool picture of Sandopolis or something, and then question why everyone is relieving themselves.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

I guess one of my biggest pet peeves is the fanart that comes out of the Sonic series. It spawns nothing but fetish art, recolours, mary-sues and genderbents. I don't get it. Why is the art community that does reasonable Sonic art have to be so damn small? I've managed to squeeze into that group, but only because I'm SANE enough.

Don't forget all the "parodies" of fancharacters, as opposed to sitting down and taking the time to make a decent one.

I guess one of my biggest pet peeves is the fanart that comes out of the Sonic series. It spawns nothing but fetish art, recolours, mary-sues and genderbents. I don't get it. Why is the art community that does reasonable Sonic art have to be so damn small? I've managed to squeeze into that group, but only because I'm SANE enough.

Same here. I guess at some point I'll upload stuff to the art forum here.

They could simply be trying to find a cool picture of Sandopolis or something, and then question why everyone is relieving themselves.

Happens to me with Blaze all the time.

Also, I just looked up Sandopolis on DeviantART... on the FIRST PAGE, there's a fat, boobed Tails.

What is wrong with this world...

Edited by Spin Attaxx

So I decided to do what you just did as I unwittingly gave you the idea of doing, and searched "Sandopolis".

For fuck sake.

Me too.

AGHHHHH just...I don't know. I can submit some stuff to the art section here too, but I'm still worried over it being pointless since it probably won't stand out. Once the Sonic art community has been tainted, it just remains as such.

Same here. I guess at some point I'll upload stuff to the art forum here.

Happens to me with Blaze all the time.

Also, I just looked up Sandopolis on DeviantART... on the FIRST PAGE, there's a fat, boobed Tails.

What is wrong with this world...

nah, shadow gets treated worse in fan art, what really screwed Blaze were the fanfics.

I probably read two or three were she was in-character, at all.

"Chaos energy" as a concept annoys me. Because there's gems, a water elemental, plural of chubby pet creatures, and a concept that's already called that, and when people start talking about "Chaos energy" they're compelled to start explaining stuff like "being inherently chaotic, it's-". There's nothing inherent about it. It's just a word. It's not the Wizard that Did It. Stop using it as a cop-out!

There's no such thing! There's Chaos Emeralds, and they have energy probably. Then there's super-powered hedgehogs and whatnot with special powers that also probably use some kind of energy. I see you trying to make a connection! Stop it!

"Chaos energy" as a concept annoys me. Because there's gems, a water elemental, plural of chubby pet creatures, and a concept that's already called that, and when people start talking about "Chaos energy" they're compelled to start explaining stuff like "being inherently chaotic, it's-". There's nothing inherent about it. It's just a word. It's not the Wizard that Did It. Stop using it as a cop-out!

shadobjechao.png

Chalk that one up as a pet peeve of mine. You don't add an 's' to make 'chao' plural. Best example I can think of off the top of my head is in SA1 when Tikal says "You must be the Chao!" when talking to a group of them.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well I'll copy-paste my response, since you're taking it here...

Because there's gems, a water elemental, plural of chubby pet creatures, and a concept that's already called that,
The plural of chao is chao. And it's no surprise that the energy, the gems, and the water creature would share the word, considering they're closely related.

and when people start talking about "Chaos energy" they're compelled to start explaining stuff like "being inherently chaotic, it's-". There's nothing inherent about it. It's just a word. It's not the Wizard that Did It. Stop using it as a cop-out.
This much I agree with, but the groundwork for this was already laid down by calling them Chaos Emeralds. Not calling the energy from the Chaos Emeralds Chaos energy isn't going to stop people associating the work done with that energy with the concept of chaos. It doesn't really do any more harm to give the pseudomagic energy a relevant name.

The lack of Sonic's supporting cast (aside from Tails and Amy) appearing in Sonic Unleashed. As much as I don't mind Unleashed's narrative as is, it always did bug me how the one game where their appearances would make perfect sense, considering the events that transpire in it, they're no-shows.

• Thumbs Up 4

The lack of Sonic's supporting cast (aside from Tails and Amy) appearing in Sonic Unleashed. As much as I don't mind Unleashed's narrative as is, it always did bug me how the one game where their appearances would make perfect sense, considering the events that transpire in it, they're no-shows.

Maybe Shadow fell through the continents and had to climb all the way back up, taking the whole of the game to do so.

As for Knuckles...well, echidnas hibernate, so maybe he was too.

It wouldn't have been so bad if we actually hadn't had some confirmation from a Sega PR agent that Knuckles and Shadow actually would appear. Guess he either jumped the gun, was referring to some mere Easter eggs in the game, or they were actually there in story form but got cut. Either way, disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 3

Apparently, Knuckles and Shadow were meant to appear in Unleashed, but got scrapped.

EDIT: Espio strikes again.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

it always did bug me how the one game where their appearances would make perfect sense, considering the events that transpire in it, they're no-shows.
It made sense more often than not. The Adventures gave reasonable reasons for the characters to get involved, and ShtH was a similarly large-scale crisis. It was really only Heroes and '06 that threw in characters just for the hell of it.
  • Thumbs Up 3