Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Another peeve: When the characters are just thrown in the games with no obvious planning or thought in mind, or if it would even make sense for the narrative for them to be there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Case in point: Sonic 06. Why is Knuckles forgetting about the Master Emerald? Why do he and Tails spontaenously appear in Aquatic Base? What was Omega doing in the jungle? Why is Blaze suddenly from the future?

None of this explained. At all.

(Although I posted a theory in the "Overthinking things" thread which says that Blaze in 06 is a delusion thought up by Silver over self-denial about being the last non-fiery thing alive.).

Another peeve: When the characters are just thrown in the games with no obvious planning or thought in mind, or if it would even make sense for the narrative for them to be there.

True...even if I myself like other characters being playable, they shouldn't be shoe-horned in the games either.

Pkstarstorm1up is my petpeeve, you might have seen him before on youtube.

Case in point: Sonic 06. Why is Knuckles forgetting about the Master Emerald?

They mas well drop that plot point that he's the gaurdian because he's been away from it so many times is it really worth complaining about?

May as well have made Knuckles a one shot after Sonic & Knuckles, because apart from Adventure 1 and maybe Adventure 2 he's not doing his duties.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

They mas well drop that plot point that he's the gaurdian because he's been away from it so many times is it really worth complaining about?

That would be the lazy way to go about it. I think a better option would be to retool the plot point that he's the guardian and have more things threaten the Master Emerald in some manner. Say for example, Shadow is using too much Chaos Energy at one point and it causes a disturbance which manages to affect the Master Emerald. That's one way to get him involved.

Another is to involve his island into some event that he gets dragged into without warning. Eggman and GUN could be having another pissy fit at each other and it ends up carrying over to Angel Island and Knuckles gets involved in the crossfire. Or some of Eggman's recon forces land on the island and Knuckles gets defensive and destroys them, causing Eggman to react and then it escalates to having others get involved.

Another way is to make another large-scale crisis that affects the world at large like the Black Arms invasion in ShTH instead of a local area like Soleanna in Sonic 06. Say what you will about the narrative, but every character present was justified in helping out regardless of their previous occupations. Knuckles should be guarding the ME, but considering what was going on, the Earth needed every available fighter for protection at that point lest the Black Arms claim territory.

We've made so many topics that brainstormed this very thing, so it's a dead horse to throw out that they should drop it when they can still make good use of it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I'm more in the "Robotnik made it as Anti-Sonic propaganda" crowd, with a hobo to take his place in-game.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

....Okay...

Well, is he the walrus, then? Or the carpenter?

Anyway, my pet peeve is Splash Hill. What's so splashy about it?

I know the

Splash Hill

Emerald Hill

Green Hill

Angel Island

Thing, but I doubt that's the real reason.

Maybe a pun involving the term 'Splash Page' (which I'm using for my game in a beach setting, WHERE IT FITS) but w/e, this is starting to be overthinking.

There are waterfalls in splash hill.

That's the splash.

They don't make a sounds, and there's relatively few of them compared to other levels. Splash Hill will forever annoy me as a name. When the name leaked before the game was formally announced, I imagined it as Green Hill with yellow shades replacing the brown, and lots of pools of water ala Angel Island.

Edited by Blue Blood

Pkstarstorm1up is my petpeeve, you might have seen him before on youtube.

Oh yes, he's the guy who's the President, Vice President, Community Manager, Accountant and Only Member of the "Sonic 06 is a great game and you are an idiot for hating it" Fan Club, right?

Oh yes, he's the guy who's the President, Vice President, Community Manager, Accountant and Only Member of the "Sonic 06 is a great game and you are an idiot for hating it" Fan Club, right?

Yep,

http://segaforums.wikia.com/wiki/Pkstarstorm1up SEGA forums made a funny little wiki page about him.

I like to play a game, load up every Sonic 06 video on youtube you can find and if Pkstarstorm1up has commented on it, take a shot.

This one's pretty minor, but people and fanfics/comics that think Blaze is eastern just because of her bindi-esque orb thing.

Guess they never heard her western and somewhat British accent.

I hate when people assume that all Sonic fans are autistic.

I hate when people call me black.

But that never happens either.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Sonic is all about speed."

When people don't acknowledge that Sonic was made to be a fast hedgehog the second he was put to paper

Sonic labyrinth should be Sonic game of the year all years to these people.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the point was that Sonic could do more than simply go fast in his games and shouldn't be restricted to just one thing.

As an old saying goes "Jack of all trades, but master of none is oftimes better than master of one." And we're kinda experiencing that with the current formula by being a "master of one".

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the point was that Sonic could do more than simply go fast in his games and shouldn't be restricted to just one thing.

I understand that, I mean where's the fun in wanting Sonic to just run in a straight line?

Some complaints I've heard have had people saying 'Sonic shouldn't be going fast at all'

Just makes me tilt my head to the side in confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

People complain that Sonic is going 'too fast', I don't get that either; then again, I think people are asking for more platforming rather than "gotta go faster, faster, faster faster faster".