Aero

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Speaking of which (again), I also hate it when someone other than Sonic or Eggman appears (even if it's one of the older characters in the series like Tails), and commenters immediately declare the game "RUINED FOREVER" just because one or two of "Sonic's shitty friends" (which is sadly labeled on anyone not Sonic or Eggman) merely appeared. People are still doing this as shown by Generations, even though Sonic's friends did little in that entire game altogether. Ugh.

What annoys me about that is most of those same people who bashes the recent games for having 'Sonic's shitty friends' for even showing their faces in the games at all will turn right around and praise the Adventure series as being the 'last good games' even though you'll spend a good amount of time playing as 'shitty friends' then you do playing as Sonic himself. It's so stupid and it's a huge double standard and I wish that this whole shitty friends fad will die.

Edited by sonfan1984

What annoys me about that is most of those same people who bashes the recent games for having 'Sonic's shitty friends' for even showing their faces in the games at all will turn right around and praise the Adventure series as being the 'last good games' even though you'll spend a good amount of time playing as 'shitty friends' then you do playing as Sonic himself. It's so stupid and it's a huge double standard and I wish that this whole shitty friends fad will die.

Yeah, I agree it makes no sense.=/

What annoys me about that is most of those same people who bashes the recent games for having 'Sonic's shitty friends' for even showing their faces in the games at all will turn right around and praise the Adventure series as being the 'last good games'

Is that really that common though? I mean, for the "Sonic's friends sucks"-people and the "The Adventure games were the last good Sonic games"-people to actually be one and the same? I think the "Sonic's friends sucks"-opinion can much more commonly be found among those who thinks that Sonic hasn't been good since way back in the Mega Drive era. Adventure-era fans are probably usually the ones who are the most keen on having loads of playable characters.

Is that really that common though? I mean, for the "Sonic's friends sucks"-people and the "The Adventure games were the last good Sonic games"-people to actually be one and the same? I think the "Sonic's friends sucks"-opinion can much more commonly be found among those who thinks that Sonic hasn't been good since way back in the Mega Drive era. Adventure-era fans are probably usually the ones who are the most keen on having loads of playable characters.

Yeah, that's why I've said most. Sonic Adventure fans or the people who doesn't mind the other characters in the series. But then there are people who likes to jump into the bandwagon cause it's the popular thing to do now is bash on anybody who isn't Sonic and then they go around to claim the Adventure series to be the 'last good games'. It don't make sense to me at all and it's one of the reasons why I don't read comments on youtube, IGN, and other non-Sonic websites anymore.

Edited by sonfan1984

OH, oh, I got one!

Although I have pretty much been in charge of defending '06 here lately, I have learned to tolerate most glitches, but if there is one I do not understand, it's the one in Wave Ocean's Mach segment. In fact, it's right at the last loop-de-loop.

You have to position Sonic as far left to the beginning of the rock loop as possible before you start the loop, otherwise, well... That loop is scripted but if you are not positioned all the way to the left, you never hit that last jump ramp, and if you don't hit it, you die.

So yeah, I wasted many a life, and many a S-rank missing that last ramp. Pissed me off.

Edited by tenchibr

When people say Sonic Adventure 2 is the last good Sonic game and everything else after it sucks.

Guess they haven't played Colors or Generations.

When people say Sonic Adventure 2 is the last good Sonic game and everything else after it sucks.

Guess they haven't played Colors or Generations.

And I hate people who treat Sonic Unleashed as if it was a game that didn't have any quality whatsoever and as if it was not relevant to make games like Colors or Generations even possible to exist.

Oh, I have another thing that makes me want to throw tables.

Can someone please explain to my WHY you find the medal collecting that hard? What the hell is so difficult about it? I just don't get it. The medals are so easy to find, it's not even funny (except a few, but you will still have enough) What pisses me off even more is that you only needed 1/2 of all the medals in order to beat the game.

Oh, I have another thing that makes me want to throw tables.

Can someone please explain to my WHY you find the medal collecting that hard? What the hell is so difficult about it? I just don't get it. The medals are so easy to find, it's not even funny (except a few, but you will still have enough) What pisses me off even more is that you only needed 1/2 of all the medals in order to beat the game.

Because people are...I dunno...afraid of actually investing any real effort and/or time into the game? I agree that the 120 sun medal requirement for Adabat Day Act 1 may be a little unreasonable but the rest of the acts medal requirements aren't even steep whatsoever and aren't a challenge to fulfill if you've been picking up medals, most of which are perfectly easy to obtain.

The problem is, people focus too much on speed and the straight objective rather than loosening up a little and making the effort to explore a little off the narrow path to grab medals.

It's having to backtrack and find a ridiculous amount of medals to even enter Jungle Joyride in the first place that had most of us hot under the collar playing Unleashed our first time. True, if you plant your butt in a locale and take your time doing missions, buying things for Professor Pickle, and surveying the landscape for the obvious ones, you'll more than clear the requirements by the time you get there, but no one's going to do that their first time through. Basically, it's there to force you to partake in a little of the secondary content, and you know how the fan base feels about "forcing."

It's having to backtrack and find a ridiculous amount of medals to even enter Jungle Joyride in the first place that had most of us hot under the collar playing Unleashed our first time. True, if you plant your butt in a locale and take your time doing missions, buying things for Professor Pickle, and surveying the landscape for the obvious ones, you'll more than clear the requirements by the time you get there, but no one's going to do that their first time through. Basically, it's there to force you to partake in a little of the secondary content, and you know how the fan base feels about "forcing."

Coming from someone who thoroughly enjoyed Medal hunting I have to agree. Not to mention the system was really confusing. I didn't have a clue how the Medals worked for a fair while.

The problem with medal collecting is how it breaks a flow. The game tries to be story-heavy, like previous Sonic games, but this is the first time a game has stopped in the middle of the story and said "Stop! You need to collect random coins in previous stages to continue."

Let's apply that logic to previous games for example, people would hate it if Sonic Adventure all of a sudden said, right before Final Egg as Sonic that "You need to collect 55 Emblems to continue" or something.

The collecting coins should have been left for unlocking the extra stages, I'm fine with that, but even as someone who loves Unleashed enough to put it in his Top 5 Sonic games, I found the forced medal collecting stupid... ...I also found the keys in Generations stupid.

True, if you plant your butt in a locale and take your time doing missions, buying things for Professor Pickle, and surveying the landscape for the obvious ones, you'll more than clear the requirements by the time you get there, but no one's going to do that their first time through.

I did that! :/

But I did that on my first playtrough. ._.

Coming from someone who thoroughly enjoyed Medal hunting I have to agree. Not to mention the system was really confusing. I didn't have a clue how the Medals worked for a fair while.

I think the only thing confusing about the medal system was how the stage entrances showed to what extent your day or night collection had to be leveled up in order to enter. There'd be a number of suns or moons hovering in the entrances, and I never connected that to the little indication on screen telling you what level you were currently at with a specific set of medals. It made remembering the number of medals I had to dig up for Dragon Road or Arid Sands quite futile, nor was I able to see I was coming up shorter and shorter for the requirements as I continued on through the game. It's only on my third play through that I finally understood it and was able to save myself a headache.

I did that! :/

But I did that on my first playtrough. ._.

You guys are mondo-exceptions. xP

Anyone notice anything wrong with Knuckles' original sprite?

12342.png

It looks like a subpar render of Knuckles jawdropping at something he's seeing off in to the distance?

Because people are...I dunno...afraid of actually investing any real effort and/or time into the game? I agree that the 120 sun medal requirement for Adabat Day Act 1 may be a little unreasonable but the rest of the acts medal requirements aren't even steep whatsoever and aren't a challenge to fulfill if you've been picking up medals, most of which are perfectly easy to obtain.

The problem is, people focus too much on speed and the straight objective rather than loosening up a little and making the effort to explore a little off the narrow path to grab medals.

WELL, to be fair (and this is coming from someone who is a massive kleptomaniac at times and loves Sonic Unleashed for all of its flaws), the level design of Sonic Unleashed does seem to be designed to encourage you to focus on getting to the end as quickly as possible, so maybe people couldn't drop this mentality and thus become annoyed when they have to backtrack.

It isn't as big of an issue in the Nighttime stages or the hubs because both are intentionally slower paced, thus allowing for time to check off the beaten path. Plus you gotta take into consideration that A LOT of the medals in the daytime stages are in weirdass locations that people wouldn't exactly notice on the first run (I know I didn't see the medal inside that little corner on the rail grinding section in Dragon Road the first time around).

Edited by Enigmatus

Regarding Knuckles' sprites, Knuckles' visible fangs when transforming into Super/Hyper form always looked pretty odd to me;

2ztg1om.png

Yeah, I know Knux has visibly sharp teeth but that he just looks like a Vampire here.

I take your temporary vampire and raise you a permanent vampire (in his classic look);

LUhsr.png

Sure it'd be natural for him to have teeth, but those are almost comically big.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Regarding Knuckles' sprites, Knuckles' visible fangs when transforming into Super/Hyper form always looked pretty odd to me;

2ztg1om.png

Yeah, I know Knux has visibly sharp teeth but that he just looks like a Vampire here.

Frankly, I'm more baffled by how he even has teeth to begin with.

2ztg1om.png

No problem with the teeth, but I'd like him to have eyes at least.