Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

I will harbor seething, burning resentment for that topic, its creator, and the people who agreed with it forever. That's totally not unreasonable, right?

Kinda? Considering that a number of people still on this site who agreed with it have changed their opinions on the matter.

And you still remember who made the topic? Because I barely do.

That's what I was implying, or at least tried to anyway. Of course there are also the fans who will interpret two characters not fighting as the same, so hat you're left with is everyone boning everyone.

Fuckin' teenagers and their hormones man.

I mean it's one thing to imagine two random character's sexing each other just because you find it interesting, but to interpret two characters fighting as being in love is something I would never understand. I'm probably just stringing that out of no where tho.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Kinda? Considering that a number of people still on this site who agreed with it have changed their opinions on the matter.

And you still remember who made the topic? Because I barely do.

=P I'm just playing.

And I don't remember who started it, or even anyone who jumped on that particular bandwagon. Only person I vaguely remember is remz for locking it.

Don't know if this has already been covered (it probably has, but I've read the first page and reading another 20-odd pages will take too long, but here's my say on things anyway), but when people think you're "sad" or "childish" for liking the series as a whole at the age of 20+.

Leave me alone, I'm reliving my younger teenage years. >:

Theres no innuendo and perhaps PC isn't the correct term. but its like oh this city is filled with animal people so call it furville. Furries have a bad wrap so then the name alone links my mind with the dark side of the Sonic fandom.

A recent pet peeve....Furville. Just the name of that city in the Archie comic book. Not only is it a lazy as hell name for a city, at least 10 times worse than -say- MegaKat City or some shit, but it's also uncomfortably un PC for the Sonic crowd. I wish it had been retconned to be something else.

It looks like a subpar render of Knuckles jawdropping at something he's seeing off in to the distance?

cannot un-see

Another pet peeve is mine is when someone says that they like Classic Sonic over Modern Sonic (myself included), and they are jumped on and are called "Retro fanboys", "fanfags", etc.

Of course they call you that, because they are the same fucking character. ._.

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole love for Unleashed because of it's style. Not so much that itself mind, but the fact it keeps making me go back to the game (because I'm an idiot) and making me think "maybe it won't be as bullshit in it's trial and error crap next time", and then I play the game and it's like "WOAH SONIC YOU'RE GOING TOO FUCKING FAST". At least Colours and Generations have SOME low speed control and a lot more safety nets to soften the cheapness. And I'm reminded of why I really don't like this game at times.

The style and whatnot is clearly there, it's a shame I don't enjoy the game like others do.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Of course they call you that, because they are the same fucking character. ._.

So because they are "the same fucking character" i cant prefer one specific artstyle for that character over another artstyle? That's among the most ridiculous things iv'e heard anyone say on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

So because they are "the same fucking character" i cant prefer one specific artstyle for that character over another artstyle? That's among the most ridiculous things iv'e heard anyone say on this forum.

And to add, I prefer the Classic games over the Modern ones.

Where the hell are you guys hanging out to find that Modern VS Classic wars are still a problem? If you say DA or YouTube you deserve it...

I hate it when sprite comics use the same type of stereotypes for each character. Here's the stereotypes in question:

Sonic being an idiot

Tails being a closet gay

Knuckles being a pervert

Amy being an overly obsessive stalker (much worse than how she's depicted in the games)

Rouge being a hooker

Shadow being a homicidal maniac

I'm serious, these stereo types happen in damn near every single sprite comic I see. It feels like I'm reading the same damn comic over and over. And to think I actually use to like this stuff when I was 12.

• Thumbs Up 4

You and I will never live down that "Sick of Shadow fans" topic back on the old SSMB. laugh.png

That sounds like a Sega Forum thread.

How Sonic 4 isn't programmed to adjust to a CRT television and only plays in widescreen.

I still don't have an HDTV, because I have no way of paying for one. Trying to beat Egg Station zone on a CRT television is fucking impossible.

And before anyone asks, it has nothing to do with my PS3's settings, because all of my other games play fine.

The whole love for Unleashed because of it's style. Not so much that itself mind, but the fact it keeps making me go back to the game (because I'm an idiot) and making me think "maybe it won't be as bullshit in it's trial and error crap next time", and then I play the game and it's like "WOAH SONIC YOU'RE GOING TOO FUCKING FAST". At least Colours and Generations have SOME low speed control and a lot more safety nets to soften the cheapness. And I'm reminded of why I really don't like this game at times.

The style and whatnot is clearly there, it's a shame I don't enjoy the game like others do.

Oh man, I think I've gushed over Unleashed like that a few times...

But I do agree I like Unleashed more as a story thing rather than a Gameplay thing, and ultimately that is why I think Colors and Generations are the better game.

I can't stand when Sonic fans give Sonic this overly cute/soft side. DeviantArt is the worst in this case.

Knuckles_Sonic_and_Tails_by_JAKCAR.png

I don't mind that sorta stuff per se, but i do feel that it's being very overdone.

I dislike when there are more than two acts in a zone. Seeing the same level trope after a second act makes it feel like it's dragging on, and especially if you dislike said trope or the level gimmicks associated with it, you end up having an extra level to sit through when you could be moving on to something different. If the "third act" is a boss act it's not quite as bad, though.

That sounds like a Sega Forum thread.

Nope. It was a topic right here on the grand ol' SSMB back around 2004-5 ish when ShTH was nearing release. And even more, I only heard about the Sega Forums when I was 19.

I can't stand when Sonic fans give Sonic this overly cute/soft side. DeviantArt is the worst in this case.

Knuckles_Sonic_and_Tails_by_JAKCAR.png

I hate it when it's taken to the extreme and this happens:

tumblr_m6qjkfAKiW1qch2z3o1_500.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate it when it's taken to the extreme and this happens:

tumblr_m6qjkfAKiW1qch2z3o1_500.jpg

Related pet-peeve: what is it with these fan-artists and their apparent obsession with Sonic in just his socks? Is there some cultural deal with this that my (feeble) American mind just can't process for some reason?

• Thumbs Up 1

Related pet-peeve: what is it with these fan-artists and their apparent obsession with Sonic in just his socks? Is there some cultural deal with this that my (feeble) American mind just can't process for some reason?

Ikr? I don't get it. :/ Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

...Why is a very small Shadow in Sonic's arms?

Honestly, that ice cream picture isn't actually that bad since the 'cuteness' is more subtle, and can be interpreted in line with his usual cool self as well.

But no, the ones which just overload him with saccharine are just...ugh.

And then someone set up a Tumblr called "Sonic is Adorable" and I just sighed.

I've noticed that too, with all characters. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because being in just socks is considered a more relaxed state than being in shoes as well, thus is supposed to add to the cute effect by making things more casual off the bat.

Edited by VEDJ-F