Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Co op being the main thing doesnt really say to me not force. Im wasnt saying that all fans do that

Sonic Boom is a thing because of the playable friends. To the point where conserns are briought up about there gameplay being force and being told "get over it". Fans will accept anything with playable friends.

Oh, come now. That makes about as much sense as you accepting anything with Sonic in it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Co op being the main thing doesnt really say to me not force. Im wasnt saying that all fans do that

Isn't co-op just the multiplayer mode?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm out of the loop, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't co-op just the multiplayer mode? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm out of the loop, lol.

Your right. I think she meant playing as two characters in single player

I dont accept everything with Sonic in it

As for co op, they did say that all four characters will be in the speed sections and you need two characters for regular

I dont accept everything with Sonic in it

... Which is my point. Just because I want to be able to play as other characters besides Sonic or some variation of him (Super, Darkspine, Werehog, Robo-, Classic), doesn't mean that I'm obligated to accept anything that has such a thing, regardless of its actual quality.

• Thumbs Up 2

... Which is my point. Just because I want to be able to play as other characters besides Sonic or some variation of him (Super, Darkspine, Werehog, Robo-, Classic), doesn't mean that I'm obligated to accept anything that has such a thing, regardless of its actual quality.

i apologise. I like solo Sonic but I dont accept any game

Isn't co-op just the multiplayer mode? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm out of the loop, lol.

Just to clarify, Boom is a co-op game at heart and when playing you'll normally have control of two characters in the levels and all four in the hub and boss battles. I think it's kind of akin to Heroes in that they all have different abilities and you can switch between them of the fly, but far more fleshed out.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Recently I've discovered two more things that I hate about the series:

1. The classic system of losing all your rings when you get hit. It's completely unfair and makes having more than a single ring at a time pointless. I prefer the other system where you only lose a set number of rings, because it gives you an incentive to gather as many of them as you can.
  2. Knuckles being the last echidna in existence. I don't care if it's canon, the idea just upsets me. That's one of the things I like about Chronicles: it gets rid of that problem by introducing another tribe of echidnas.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Having more rings in a classic game gives you things like 1-Ups and Continues, particularly at the end of an act when it calculates your score, so it's imperative to have as many as possible for the later levels. It's not unfair at all. Losing your rings is a pretty easily-understood and consistent thing. If you want to keep lots of rings, well, get better at the game and stop getting hit.

• Thumbs Up 4

I hate that in Sonic Advance when you loose your rings it makes in impossible to get them back.

Oh and I also hate how half ass the partner system in 3 is.

I hate that in Sonic Advance when you loose your rings it makes in impossible to get them back.

I'm curious to know exactly what you mean by this.

The classic system of losing all your rings when you get hit. It's completely unfair and makes having more than a single ring at a time pointless. I prefer the other system where you only lose a set number of rings, because it gives you an incentive to gather as many of them as you can.

In addition to points and lives like Nepenthe said, collecting more rings (up to a point) also makes it easier to regather your rings after being hit; with only one, it's easy for it to bounce off somewhere and vanish before you can grab it again, but with 30-some rings you're bound to grab a few without even really trying.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having more rings in a classic game gives you things like 1-Ups and Continues, particularly at the end of an act when it calculates your score, so it's imperative to have as many as possible for the later levels.

1-Ups are given out like candy though, and Continues are worthless in modern games.

It's not unfair at all.

Yes it is.

Losing your rings is a pretty easily-understood and consistent thing. If you want to keep lots of rings, well, get better at the game and stop getting hit.

I didn't say you shouldn't have to lose rings when you get hit, but it should be a set amount, like 10 or 20. Losing every ring in one hit is just unreasonable.

I'm curious to know exactly what you mean by this.

the game rings disappear fast. like when im figiting a boss. i get hit and my rings fly in places i cant reach and they disappaer in 2 seconds.

1-Ups are given out like candy though, and Continues are worthless in modern games.

I'm talking about the classic games.

Yes it is.

It really isn't. It is explained at the outset, and it is a consistent mechanic that balances with Sonic's near-invulnerability when moving (Hello rolling, and spin dashing, boosting, and jumping). You call it unfair because you're frustrated at it, not because it is mechanically so. If you don't like it, as I said, get better at the game so you stop getting hit.

I didn't say you shouldn't have to lose rings when you get hit, but it should be a set amount, like 10 or 20. Losing every ring in one hit is just unreasonable.

I never said you said that. And the more unreasonable thing is to have a character that can be in an attacking position all the time not having any weaknesses. Losing rings at a set amount at a time pretty much makes Sonic near-invulnerable to everything sans bottomless pits. This isn't good balance and is more than likely the reason the games have had such pit-ridden design in later games, because nothing else poses a risk.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh and I also hate how half ass the partner system in 3 is.

How is it half assed? Its not too complicated and its not entirely pointless either...also they don't force you to use the Partner tag mechanic too much its pretty much optional.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm talking about the classic games.

We aren't in the classic era anymore.

tt really isn't.

Yes, it is.

It is explained at the outset, and it is a consistent mechanic that balances with Sonic's near-invulnerability when moving (Hello rolling, and spin dashing, boosting, and jumping).

But it's disproportionate. I don't care how "near-invulnerable" Sonic is, I shouldn't get penalized to such an extent just for making a tiny mistake. Anyway, some characters aren't near-invulnerable when they're moving, so what about them?

You call it unfair because you're frustrated at it, not because it is mechanically so. If you don't like it, as I said, get better at the game so you stop getting hit.

The game shouldn't have a system that frustrates me in the first place.

I never said you said that. And the more unreasonable thing is to have a character that can be in an attacking position all the time not having any weaknesses. Losing rings at a set amount at a time pretty much makes Sonic near-invulnerable to everything sans bottomless pits.This isn't good balance and is more than likely the reason the games have had such pit-ridden design in later games, because nothing else poses a risk.

I don't care. I hate the classic system! I want it to stop appearing in games, or at least be reserved for hard mode or something!

How is it half assed? Its not too complicated and its not entirely pointless either...also they don't force you to use the Partner tag mechanic too much its pretty much optional.

I wouldn't say the partner system is fully optional as you need it for the Chao collecting and reaching some of the special springs, but it's relatively inobtrusive and I liked the different combinations of moves and that.

If you want to complain about Advance 3, the general issue is the sometimes unfair and wonky level design. I still like it enough, but it's sometimes really cheap with the spike placement.

We aren't in the classic era anymore.

Yes, it is.

But it's disproportionate. I don't care how "near-invulnerable" Sonic is, I shouldn't get penalized to such an extent just for making a tiny mistake. Anyway, some characters aren't near-invulnerable when they move, so what about them?

The game shouldn't have a system that frustrates me in the first place.

I don't care. I hate the classic system! I want it to stop appearing in games, or at least be reserved for hard mode or something!

You're in the minority though, you can't just say such a thing when the majority of people disagree, the games aren't built for one person (i.e. you) in mind.

I like its optinal. I didnt like a few things. Like I really want to play with Sonic and Amy paring with Sonic in the lead. He doesnt curl when he jumps that i like, but he only uses his hammer when hes on the ground. He can use his hammer in the air. Whats up with that shit? its like the hammer is useless. I want him to hammer whirl or do his own cool tricks with a hammer like a boost or something. Not just use it on the ground and no be good for spings

And the chao.... Sonics chao doesnt work as well as Creams chao moves. And his "homing attack" isnt a homing attack its a super dash. That attack doesnt kill enimes. I got hit by them by trying to use it and it doesnt target springs like it should. So.... yeah. I want Sonic to do hammer tricks, climb like Knuckles or use his boost to shoot himself up like Tails. But it never happen and its all thrown together.

I never said you said that. And the more unreasonable thing is to have a character that can be in an attacking position all the time not having any weaknesses. Losing rings at a set amount at a time pretty much makes Sonic near-invulnerable to everything sans bottomless pits. This isn't good balance and is more than likely the reason the games have had such pit-ridden design in later games, because nothing else poses a risk.

This is exactly why I don't see how people can call losing all their rings is unfair...

You losing all your rings is putting in a moment of 1 hit wonder and it makes the player either more tense when it just means you need to more cautious on how you play the game. Plus the games giving you a chance to get an amount of rings back is generous enough as it is. 

Limiting how many rings you lose is just making the games easier than they should be meaning the only things that'll end up being a threat are bottomless pits and Crushers, since enemies, spikes, or most other obstacles have no chance of killing you because you'll always have rings and might as well be invincible.

But it's disproportionate. I don't care how "near-invulnerable" Sonic is, I shouldn't get penalized to such an extent just for making a tiny mistake.

Weren't you just arguing that there isn't any point in keeping hold of more than one ring, though? If the benefits of having 100 rings, as compared to just 1, are small to nonexistent, then how is it such a terrible penalty to lose all of them?
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like its optinal. I didnt like a few things. Like I really want to play with Sonic and Amy paring with Sonic in the lead. He doesnt curl when he jumps that i like, but he only uses his hammer when hes on the ground. He can use his hammer in the air. Whats up with that shit? its like the hammer is useless. I want him to hammer whirl or do his own cool tricks with a hammer like a boost or something. Not just use it on the ground and no be good for spings

And the chao.... Sonics chao doesnt work as well as Creams chao moves. And his "homing attack" isnt a homing attack its a super dash. That attack doesnt kill enimes. I got hit by them by trying to use it and it doesnt target springs like it should. So.... yeah. I want Sonic to do hammer tricks, climb like Knuckles or use his boost to shoot himself up like Tails. But it never happen and its all thrown together.

Its not all thrown together...they're trying to make the teams balanced, so for every advantage a team has there is also a disadvantage. If not an actual disadvantage, than its just something that the player doesn't like about that specific team pairing.

Might I say that you're expecting a bit too much from the game...you're not suppose to gain other character's main abilities that's not how the mechanic was meant to work. You get different traits from a team pairing along with the partner mechanic.

It may be useful like Tails being able to use the Hammer while flying being partnered with Amy, Knuckles getting extra height in his glide from being partnered with Tails, Amy getting a small glide with balloons from being partnered with cream or it could not be so useful like Knuckles getting a skull bash attack from being with Sonic, Sonic not being able to spin jump when partnered with Amy(I'm pretty sure he does anyway by pressing the button again), and Tails not being able to fly and only glide from being partnered with Knuckles...

• Thumbs Up 2