Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Pet peeves, eh?

1: Recolours are NOT cool, creative, imaginative, do NOT take any level of effort and are NOT well-made. Bonus points if said recolour also has no backstory and is named after the creator.

2: The way the fandom is as far as sharing opinions go. Everyone's allowed their opinion. Likewise, opinions are NOT facts and outright slander, offensive remarks and/or hateful remarks are not acceptable within any fandom therefore should be kept to yourself or your own circle of friends.

3: No, Sonic Boom is NOT replacing Modern/Legacy Sonic. This has been said several times by official sources and is becoming very tiresome.

4: Adding something new to a Sonic game isn't a bad thing. Ok, so this kinda comes under the opinions one but adding new things is at the very core of the franchise. Even the first 4 games did it. Adding new things isn't what caused things to go downhill, it was poor management and a change to a different team that simply wasn't as good. I'd much rather have something new to look forward to and keep me guessing than the same old game over and over, I really don't see what would be so good about that. yes, the adding new things idea is usually a bit hit and miss but that's also a good thing, it lets the devs know what does and doesn't work from a general public standpoint and allows them to figure out what to keep in future and what to ditch.

5: Please, please, please SEGA, stop throwing characters away after one or two big appearances! I get it if their story doesn't allow for more appearances (e.g. Chip and Gamma) but what of Mighty, Ray, Fang/Nack, Bark, The Chaotix, Team Dark, GUN in general, Cream and Cheese, Vanilla, Blaze, Silver, Marine, Big etc.? I also get that it wouldn't work to have everyone in every game, of course, I'm not stupid but what's to stop them from picking and choosing from this massive roster as new plots allow for it? The series hasn't been about just Sonic and Eggman since Sonic 2!

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm not stupid but what's to stop them from picking and choosing from this massive roster as new plots allow for it?

Crippling fear of the "SSF" crowd.

Edited by Dizcrybe

"Sonic's Shitty Friends"

Y'know, that bullcrap.

Oh *facepalm* then I was derping. That's actually a pet peeve I forgot to mention.

Edited by kamifox1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I'll list my pet peeves here, since I've posted so much here I should probably do what the topic asks for :P

- That we haven't had a 2D Console Sonic Game in over twenty years. This blows my fucking mind.

- That SEGA has no respect for the Sonic IP, throwing him at a new dev team with unreasonable conditions (Rise of Lyric), rushing his games (Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure) and oversaturating his market with low quality spin-offs.

- Those fuckwits who think Sonic was never good and only sold off of marketing and flash PR. This one is actually really annoying because it's starting to get traction online despite being complete bollocks.

There are many others, but this is probably my list of the biggest pet-peeves to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would rant hours about the stupid shit what both SEGA and internet (idiotic fanboys, purist classicist, haters etc.) had done but because it's already been covered, I mention something trivial that for some reason matters to me: consistence of stories.

I'm just someone who think way too much about plotholes (it's not really just Sonic) but please SEGA, no matter how large or minimal your story is there always seems to be so much stuff that either doesn't make sense or I just don't understand or is never explained. That's why to me it's so hard to believe anything that Iizuka or someone else says because there is always possibility that next story will completely ignore those things.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I'll list my pet peeves here, since I've posted so much here I should probably do what the topic asks for :P

- That we haven't had a 2D Console Sonic Game in over twenty years. This blows my fucking mind.

- That SEGA has no respect for the Sonic IP, throwing him at a new dev team with unreasonable conditions (Rise of Lyric), rushing his games (Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure) and oversaturating his market with low quality spin-offs.

- Those fuckwits who think Sonic was never good and only sold off of marketing and flash PR. This one is actually really annoying because it's starting to get traction online despite being complete bollocks.

There are many others, but this is probably my list of the biggest pet-peeves to me.

Ummmmm...

Yeah, I know. You want a good 2D console Sonic game. :V

"sonic 4 doesn't count because i don't like it, yeah it's 2D and a console game but still"

"sonic 4 doesn't count because i don't like it, yeah it's 2D and a console game but still"

It's not because it sucks, it's because it's not a retail release Console title.

It's not because it sucks, it's because it's not a retail release Console title.

Now you're just moving the goalposts.

It's OK if you don't like the game, and think it's a poor quality title (most do), but you said you wanted a 2D console game, and Sonic 4 happens to be that game. It's not the game you wanted, but it's the game you got. The fact that it didn't have a retail box release is irrelevant.

Of course, I think SEGA should try again, and exercise some quality control, but that's besides the point.

Edited by Zaysho

Angel Island, the Master Emerald and all that being abandoned, and Knuckles becoming an idiot. The comical vibe the series has had since 2010.

• Thumbs Up 7

PAGE 200! 

Great job keeping the topic going guys!

People don't say Sonic 06 is Sonic Adventure 3

Oh God I forgot about this, I absolutely loathe it when people called Sonic 06 Sonic Adventure 3 just for sharing the same similar 3D Adventure style gameplay. Going by that logic, I guess you could also call Sonic Colors (DS) Sonic Rush 3.

Oh and it really irks me when idiots say Sonic Unleashed is Sonic Adventure 3 when it was only planned to be SA3. Oh and it's also because the Japanese title simply has the word ''Adventure'' in it. really guys? like seriously?

Planned to be SA3= Is SA3 Sonic Fan Logic ladies and gentlemen.

Knuckles becoming an idiot. 

Don't even me get started on that! People say Knuckles became flanderized in Sonic Heroes (2004) but it was really Sonic Riders(2006) that officially started to derail Knuckles' personality. Knuckles was still smart and serious during Heroes but games like the Rider series and 06 are what made Knuckles the way he is today... and i still despise it.

It still amazes me how he went from a serious, independent, focused, collected yet gullible warrior who sets his priorities straight to an idiotic arrogant meatheaded jock who can't even pay attention to and understand vital information.

Edited by Dan-Dude
  • Thumbs Up 3

Knuckles becoming an idiot.

I do my honest best to support every Sonic-based decision SEGA/Sonic Team makes, but this one in particular has always bothered me. Knuckles didn't need to become an idiot. I believe that everyone already loved him the way he was, this was an unnecessary change in my opinion. Just put in around 8 hours of gameplay in Sonic Heroes, revolved around Team Sonic. I forgot how awesome Knuckles was back then, that's the kind of personality he needs today!

• Thumbs Up 4

Going by that logic, I guess you could also call Sonic Colors (DS) Sonic Rush 3.

Well...yeah? If I was going to describe what kind of game Colors DS was, I'd probably say "basically Rush 3, without Blaze". It just doesn't come up much because no one's begging for a Rush 3.

Oh and it really irks me when idiots say Sonic Unleashed is Sonic Adventure 3 when it was only planned to be SA3. Oh and it's also because the Japanese title simply has the word ''Adventure'' in it. really guys? like seriously?

Well obviously Unleashed can't be SA3. '06 is too busy being SA3. Unleashed is SA4.

It still amazes me how he went from a serious, independent, focused, collected yet gullible warrior who sets his priorities straight to an idiotic arrogant meatheaded jock who can't even pay attention to and understand vital information.

I'm still amazed that people ever interpreted him like that in the first place. There's a fair argument that they've made him dumber over time (Boom Knuckles obviously taking it to a new level), but even in the Adventures he had a tendency to get fooled, chumped, and dunked on.

• Thumbs Up 2

I always just saw Sonic '06 as like... a Heroes 2 in a way and Sonic Unleashed as the 3rd Adventure game because not only do you travel the world, the Japanese title for the game has Adventure in its title.

I always just saw Sonic '06 as like... a Heroes 2 in a way and Sonic Unleashed as the 3rd Adventure game because not only do you travel the world, the Japanese title for the game has Adventure in its title.

It was a really broken Heroes but I say more like Shadow the Hedgehog 2. Because the game was all about him and Silver and no Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It was a really broken Heroes but I say more like Shadow the Hedgehog 2. Because the game was all about him and Silver and no Sonic. 

Hm... I suppose a better title for Sonic '06 would be Shadow & Silver.

The only reason I see it as a Heroes is it has different stories and you play different characters in each of them. I wouldn't say, game play wise, Shadow The Hedgehog because you can't change the ending you get.

How ironic that a game for Sonic's anniversary was had more focus on Shadow & Silver.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm... I suppose a better title for Sonic '06 would be Shadow & Silver.

The only reason I see it as a Heroes is it has different stories and you play different characters in each of them. I wouldn't say, game play wise, Shadow The Hedgehog because you can't change the ending you get.

How ironic that a game for Sonic's anniversary was had more focus on Shadow & Silver.

Think of Sonic 06 like this:

Its your birthday but everyone cares more about your rival how show up and theres a new kid who shows you up and beats you up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Think of Sonic 06 like this:

Its your birthday but everyone cares more about your rival how show up and theres a new kid who shows you up and beats you up. 

Oh... and you die. And then get kissed by a human.

But don't worry, none of it really happened!

Yeah, I'd hate a birthday like that.

Edited by Haalyle
  • Thumbs Up 1