Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Again, it's SE-GA. Same notes and all.

Again, I just hate it. This is more right up my alley:

Edited by tenchibr

EDIT: I thought that the AST theme was based off the "Chaos Emerald Get" jingle? That's what it sounds like.

Hahaha, I can totally hear that now you've mentioned it! The intro of the song, right? I'm not sure it it's intentional or coincidental considering the chorus is similarly based on familiar notes.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://youtu.be/Mt-QvpjdLxQ?t=10m19s

See this? Once you go through that hoop, and the yellow blocks spawn, they never unspawn. If you fall in between there and the checkpoint like I accidentally did today because of Unleashed's poor controls, you can't get through and up when you try to get back up. It's unwinnable. That is fucking bullshit, especially as that was a near perfect run (and Eggmanland is actually my favourite level in Unleashed despite the cheap shit), but at least it wasn't Hot Dog Mission crap...

Arsehead level design like this is why I prefer Generations.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not being interested in one woman does not mean not being interested in any women

I cant help but think that if that one woman has a body like Rouge and the guy is still not not interested in her, then no, he probably isn't interested in any women. tongue.png

I cant help but think that if that one woman has a body like Rouge and the guy is still not not interested in her, then no, he probably isn't interested in any women. tongue.png

Nobody but Knuckles seems to be interested in Rouge, and even that's debatable as of late.

So by this logic, the entire male cast is asexual.

http://youtu.be/Mt-QvpjdLxQ?t=10m19s

See this? Once you go through that hoop, and the yellow blocks spawn, they never unspawn. If you fall in between there and the checkpoint like I accidentally did today because of Unleashed's poor controls, you can't get through and up when you try to get back up. It's unwinnable. That is fucking bullshit, especially as that was a near perfect run (and Eggmanland is actually my favourite level in Unleashed despite the cheap shit), but at least it wasn't Hot Dog Mission crap...

Arsehead level design like this is why I prefer Generations.

That happened in Pokecapn's Let's Play of the game. Yeah it's...pretty bullshit.

You know what always got me. See when running down a hill and sonic is already at his top speed when at top. How come he does not trip over from going to fast or he breaks his legs?

You know what always got me. See when running down a hill and sonic is already at his top speed when at top. How come he does not trip over from going to fast or he breaks his legs?

Cuz it's a video game.

Holy shit so it's not just me then...

While reaction time stuff is a bit annoying to say the least, at least once you know it's there, you can deal with it in future, but if you make one slip up like this and then you're trapped and are forced to suicide and restart, it's dumb. I don't know how they missed that one. There is another one in the 2D section before as I also discovered, but there's a lower route to go up anyway so it's not as much of an issue, but at this 3D part I don't think there's an alternate way.

Cuz it's a video game.

I know but at times like running down the Skyscraper in Speed Highway I sometimes think to myself. "Ok ignoring the fact that gravity does not work like that. How is his legs staying in-tact? Are the joints just non-existent?"

I have to question Sonic's physics in general, myself.

Also, on this little mini-discussion: Sonic can punch you with .75 million pounds of force.

He does if you're playing Brawl.

• Thumbs Up 1

It always bugged me that in the British Sonic the Hedgehog comics, Knuckles' chest symbol was portrayed as a necklace!

• Thumbs Up 1

Where the HELL is Knux?!?

When people say Shadow is faster than Sonic. Sonic, The Fastest Thing Alive...

When Sonic's socks are drawn as part of his shoes, it just bugs me!

Everyone trips at some point when they run in Brawl. And a lot of veteran SSB fans hated that mechanic.

When Sonic's socks are drawn as part of his shoes, it just bugs me!

Has Sega ever made it clear that the white cuff isn't just a decoration of his shoe and instead a sock?

Has Sega ever made it clear that the white cuff isn't just a decoration of his shoe and instead a sock?

I know that Archie artists don't consider the white cuff/"sock" part to be part of the actual shoe;

2wf44s0.png

I don't recall any instance of SEGA making out the white part to be socks in the games.

I know but at times like running down the Skyscraper in Speed Highway I sometimes think to myself. "Ok ignoring the fact that gravity does not work like that. How is his legs staying in-tact? Are the joints just non-existent?"

Sonic_CD_Animation_Sprite_HD_by_luckettx.gif

Certainly seems that way.

OH SNAP.

Werehog fancharacters.

Farfetched even for the realm of fancharacters and stinks of Mary Sue/Gary Stu vibes. Even the scenario and circumstances of Sonic's Werehog form and transformations were strictly linked to Dark Gaia and Sonic's intrinsic ability to change physical form through energy absorption, so Werehog fancharacters are just plain nonsensical 99.9% of the time and are particularly silly rip-off's through and through.

Also, minor nitpick but SONIC'S TAN PARTS ARE NOT FUR. There's a good reason as to why early '06 models had fur and this was ultimately done away with (Good thing too) and why Sonic's tan parts are textured as skin in every single render; Because they are skin.

Edited by Verte

Everyone trips at some point when they run in Brawl. And a lot of veteran SSB fans hated that mechanic.

Yeah I know, I hated that too. I'm not a competitive player by any means, but Sakurai basically trolling the competitive scene by including a mandatory element of randomness to every match (no matter how small the percentage of occurrence) is not cool.

Werehog fancharacters.

Farfetched even for the realm of fancharacters and stinks of Mary Sue/Gary Stu vibes. Even the scenario and circumstances of Sonic's Werehog form and transformations were strictly linked to Dark Gaia and Sonic's intrinsic ability to change physical form through energy absorption, so Werehog fancharacters are just plain nonsensical 99.9% of the time and are particularly silly rip-off's through and through.

Not to say they aren't terrible, because most (maybe all) certainly are, but the circumstances of the werehog transformation are vague enough that I think you could plausibly put together a situation where some other character goes were*species*. If you buy into a theory along the lines of Dark Gaia being a manifestation of negative chaos energy, you don't need Dark Gaia itself to get a were-, just some situation where someone gets hosed down with a bunch of negative energy. And I'm not sure that Sonic's "intrinsic ability to change physical form through energy absorption" is even a thing. Yeah, he's transformed more than a few times, but Shadow and Silver have Super forms too (also Tails and Knuckles, if you still think those were canon). We don't know if there's anything inherent to Sonic that led to him transforming into the werehog, or if you had put another character in his place the same thing would have happened.

Not to say they aren't terrible, because most (maybe all) certainly are, but the circumstances of the werehog transformation are vague enough that I think you could plausibly put together a situation where some other character goes were*species*. If you buy into a theory along the lines of Dark Gaia being a manifestation of negative chaos energy, you don't need Dark Gaia itself to get a were-, just some situation where someone gets hosed down with a bunch of negative energy. And I'm not sure that Sonic's "intrinsic ability to change physical form through energy absorption" is even a thing. Yeah, he's transformed more than a few times, but Shadow and Silver have Super forms too (also Tails and Knuckles, if you still think those were canon). We don't know if there's anything inherent to Sonic that led to him transforming into the werehog, or if you had put another character in his place the same thing would have happened.

They aren't vague at all. The game makes it pretty clear that the thing that is 'infecting' Sonic is a piece of Dark Gaia. This is proven by multiple things in the game.

- Dark Gaia only becoming truly complete when it forcibly takes back it's missing piece i.e The piece inside Sonic. In no way did Gaia transform from Chaos Energy, it had been "put back together" by Eggman and truly completed by taking back it's final piece from Sonic and then metamorphosized by itself.

- Sonic only transforming when Dark Gaia becomes active at night.

- Werehog form having identical aspects to Dark Gaia's pieces i.e Stretch limbs/An elastic quality to his body.

- The Wii version (Questionable canonicity?) outright stating that Sonic is using Dark Gaia's power.

And the energy-absorbing to change form peculiarity was even stated by a SEGA rep regarding the forms in Colours in that Hyper Go-on power/Colour Power causes Sonic's molecular structure to alter, resulting in the form change. Not to mention that the Wisp power-up's are explicitly referred-to as "Forms" in the game, by Tails no less. It's form-changing through energy-absorption, there is no other way you can look at it considering the wealth of evidence proving that Sonic has this borderline-peculiar power to change form through energy absorption.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 3

People who don't know the difference between robotization and imprisoning animals in robots.

• Thumbs Up 1