Aero

Sonic-related pet peeves?

I spot three Tails knock-offs in this photos you posted Verte and it makes me angrily squint my eyes. That's another peeve in general: the use of Tails' head shape to denote foxes or any other kind of canine, especially other canines. Wolves and dogs are not foxes.

Don't ask me why the same thing doesn't doesn't bother me as much with Shadow and Silver in regards to them sharing Sonic's facial characteristics. Maybe it's because they're all male, and those characters are clearly female? I don't know. Either way, what I'm looking at is annoying.

What's the difference?

The difference is that the fluffy tuft makes sense going by Sega's perceived style because it's supposed to be a marking. The hair examples from Archie aren't.

The marking thing is why I think Sally wouldn't be that hard to Sega-fy, actually.

Does Espio's colour scheme bother anyone else? I think he has way too much purple going on. His shoes are darker than his skin, but not by much. I think they'd look better in green.

Edited by Blue Blood

I always liked Vectors design, both modern and classic, but he is just so hard to draw for me, the proportions of his body are so different to the other characters.

Love the character - can't draw him to save my life. and this peeves/saddens me :(

I always liked Vectors design, both modern and classic, but he is just so hard to draw for me, the proportions of his body are so different to the other characters.

Love the character - can't draw him to save my life. and this peeves/saddens me sad.png

Rumor has it that Mighty trained Vector and that's how Vecter got so big although it is just a rumor.

Rumor has it that Mighty trained Vector and that's how Vecter got so big although it is just a rumor.

That's not a rumour- it's something you just made up right now. For what it matters, neither "Knuckles Chaotix" or "Sonic Arcade" happened as far as canon is concerned. Mighty doesn't exist, while Espio, Vector and Charmy didn't make any appearances prior to Heroes.

I

That's not a rumour- it's something you just made up right now. For what it matters, neither "Knuckles Chaotix" or "Sonic Arcade" happened as far as canon is concerned. Mighty doesn't exist, while Espio, Vector and Charmy didn't make any appearances prior to Heroes.

I heard it from somewhere that's all I'm saying.

Speaking of the hair topic, I once encountered a few people who really think Sonic's spines are just a complete hairstyle thing that he always keeps it like that with some really hardcore hairspray. I don't exactly know how Sonic Team treats his spines, but from what I can make out, it seems that his spines would only get hard when he wants to and they've always been formed that way as his spines are usually seen moving up and down as he moves about like in Sonic Adventure 2 like normal hair, but they're never seen going apart. Plus they get spiky when he does one of his throw moves in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Edited by Evilmoonguy

The difference is that the fluffy tuft makes sense going by Sega's perceived style because it's supposed to be a marking.
It is literally hair. Guess what happens if you take an Archie character and shave the hair down to fur-length? It's a marking. What's the difference?

This is my new peeve.

Another one:

If Knuckles is truly the last echidna then what the hell happened to his parents? Then again, since echidnas reproduce by laying eggs I'd like to think that must have died before Knuckles hatched. :P

And where is creams father? Did he die? Did he get divorced from Vanilla? What happened.

i hate elitist sonic fans who will correct every tiny detail about someone's post, and has a dickish attitude about it

i also hate people who bitch about a prices of items of lesser things to more expensive things

say $50 for a figure and $320 for a statue, said person will complain the $50 figure isn't worth the price tag because its a toy, but will say $320 for a static statue is justified because its bigger, and built with more quality, when in reality the figure comes from a line of grade A figures with high quality turn out, and comes with accessories.

then said person will go back on their word, buy it anyway and then proceed to tell everyone it's the greatest thing in their collection and try and make out their bitching from the start never happened.

yep.

i hate elitist sonic fans who will correct every tiny detail about someone's post, and has a dickish attitude about it

i also hate people who bitch about a prices of items of lesser things to more expensive things

say $50 for a figure and $320 for a statue, said person will complain the $50 figure isn't worth the price tag because its a toy, but will say $320 for a static statue is justified because its bigger, and built with more quality, when in reality the figure comes from a line of grade A figures with high quality turn out, and comes with accessories.

then said person will go back on their word, buy it anyway and then proceed to tell everyone it's the greatest thing in their collection and try and make out their bitching from the start never happened.

yep.

Did your Shift key break? huh.png

Another thing about Archie-designed females is that horrible obsession with giving them human-esque hair. No SEGA-designed anthrope has human-esque hair. Rouge's 'hair' at the bottom of her head is not defined as seperate. Marine's pigtails aren't defined as seperate hair either and the same goes for Blaze's ponytail. And Vanilla definately doesn't have hair, her head marking has just grown tufty and furry. Which makes these look like they stick out from the SEGA characters and makes them look uncanny compared to them;

131px-551521-rosemary_super.jpg75px-Megan_Acorn.jpg191px-MinaMongoose01.png122px-Fiona_Fox.JPG

Edited by Vampfox

I don't particually enjoy seeing this line...

"You can't please Sonic fans"

Mainly because the moment I see that the person lumps everyone into the same boat and for the same stand on whatever it is, when it's very rare that there is a universal consensus on anything. The majority might dislike something, but even then the gulf between those who dislike it and those who just don't care either way is still a large number of people.

It just seems like such a simple way to try and be funny yet doesn't really have too much thought behind it.

I really don't think that Fiona looks like a Tails knockoff.

"You can't please Sonic fans"

sonic-generations-xbox360-boxart.jpg

Best defense for that quote ever

Honestly the only Sonic fans who didn't enjoy this game are the kind of fans who throw a shit-fit because Sonic isn't the right shade of blue. (Or have real reasons of course =P)

Edited by Steve

sonic-generations-xbox360-boxart.jpg

Best defense for that quote ever

Honestly the only Sonic fans who didn't enjoy this game are the kind of fans who throw a shit-fit because Sonic isn't the right shade of blue.

Unfortunately I know some people from the sega forums who don't like this game