Awoo.

If Sonic Unleashed 2 was ever made...

Shiny Gems

I agree with several other users on some ideas, but I have some of my own:

Holland - Lots of flowers and windmills, maybe some snow. It would make a nice starting level.

Sydney - You could jump off boats to cross harbors, and imagine running along the Opera House!

Tokyo - A bright, bustling city level. Would probably be more visually impressive during the night levels.

Antarctic islands - Rather than having another ice level identical to Holoska, there could be a level based on the islands around Antarctica, with rocks, coasts, snow, some grassy areas, and PENGUINS.

U.K. - It could start in the countryside (whoever mentioned Dorset, I wholeheartedly agree with them), complete with sheep, then you could run into London near the end of the level.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Gamenerd

• Badnik Zero

• Phos

No Sonic Unleashed 2 for me, please. I rather they go real retro and return to a slower platforming style game with some colorful and imaginative environments. Basically, I want classic 2D Sonic material even if it might not happen. Real world locations or simpler imitations of them don't really work for me.

No Sonic Unleashed 2 for me, please. I rather they go real retro and return to a slower platforming style game with some colorful and imaginative environments. Basically, I want classic 2D Sonic material even if it might not happen. Real world locations or simpler imitations of them don't really work for me.

Yeah, but this is a "what if" topic, not a "do you want" topic.

Anyways, I'd also like to see something using the Hoover Dam. I don't mean running on the dam, but in the area; running along the rocks above rushing water and maybe grinding on power lines would be awesome.

San Francisco would be nice as a stage, if only because it'd probably end up being like one great big homage to Sonic Adventure 2.

Yeah, but this is a "what if" topic, not a "do you want" topic.

Ah, you are correct but I felt like giving my two cents anyway.

I don't think the past games were that different artistically compared to Sonic Unleashed.

-Aquatic Ruins and pre-nuked Angel Island could be compared to Adabat

-Metropolis and Chemical Plant combined would look similar to Eggmanland

-Sandopolis is the classic equivalent to Shamar

-Sky Chase as a nuked down version of both the Classic one and SA1 version

-Starlight zone would (almost) be similar to Empire City

Chun-nan, Spagonia, Mazuri, and Apotos would be the only ones you couldn't compare with anything from the classics.

If you're comparing them that loosely, you could say Kingdom Valley is just like GHZ. Angel Island has some crazy trees and these really complex waterfalls in the background. The grass was pretty strange as well.

Metropolis and Chemical Plant were more "industrial" than "unusually dangerous amusement park".

Sandopolis was kind of like Shamar, but it had those turquoise buildings every now and again.

Star Light Zone is at least near a city, but that's where the similarities end. Empire City is also shit.

Edited by Phos

A Venice like city would be nice

As you said, maybe like Soleanna, but a bit more...Sonic-ky? ( As long as it doesn´t turn out like Sonic 06, I´m fine and dandy with that idea). :P

If you're comparing them that loosely, you could say Kingdom Valley is just like GHZ.

Not really, GHZ doesn't have any buildings or other constructs like Kingdom Valley, and it's mostly ground where as KV is mostly water.

Angel Island has some crazy trees and these really complex waterfalls in the background. The grass was pretty strange as well.

I don't see it the way you do. Angel Island is as much of a regular tropical rainforest as Adabat the way I look at it.

Sandopolis was kind of like Shamar, but it had those turquoise buildings every now and again.

I'm not picking out simple things when comparing them. I'm just being general here.

Star Light Zone is at least near a city, but that's where the similarities end.

Star Lights looks more like a city that it is near one, but meh...

Empire City is also shit.

Eh, whatever. I liked it myself.

The Wild West would also be nice. Starting off in a dusty little town until you get out into the dessert and the canyons, and what not, maybe through a railroad, and then I remember, in Sunset Riders, your characters running atop a Stampede, but having difficulty doing so... I'd love to see Sonic do this.

Also, I'd love to hear a Wild West style Song in a Sonic game too.

Not really, GHZ doesn't have any buildings or other constructs like Kingdom Valley, and it's mostly ground where as KV is mostly water.

SARCASM FOO [/Mr. T] Also, look at GHZ's background.

I don't see it the way you do. Angel Island is as much of a regular tropical rainforest as Adabat the way I look at it.

look a bit closer.

I'm not picking out simple things when comparing them. I'm just being general here.

Sandopolis is inspired by Egypt. Shamar is based on Jordan.

SARCASM FOO [/Mr. T]

Ah, dammit! :lol:

Also, look at GHZ's background.

Not sure what I'm looking for. If it's the constructs and buildings, I meant more human made buildings such as castles and balconies. Other than that, I don't know what you're trying to point out to me.

...I still don't see it. That image only reinforces the similarites I see between it and Adabat forestry...unless you're talking about the colors and such.

Sandopolis is inspired by Egypt. Shamar is based on Jordan.

Yes, I know. But they're both middle-eastern (well Egypt is in Africa, but that's beside the point) and primarily in the desert, with ancient ruins at points within the levels. Even if they're based on different places, they still have very similar attributes.

As you said, maybe like Soleanna, but a bit more...Sonic-ky? ( As long as it doesn´t turn out like Sonic 06, I´m fine and dandy with that idea). :P

Yes. It could be a nice water level with natural constricting parts for platforming since Sonic can't cross water.

...I still don't see it. That image only reinforces the similarites I see between it and Adabat forestry...unless you're talking about the colors and such.

Looking at it, here's what sets it apart:

-That's a crazy cliff face

-I thought they were trees before, actually

-Those little waterfalls are pretty tricky

Basically, the whole place is crazy. Adabat is pretty normal, but this place is crazy.

I definitely see the similarities between Angel Island and Adabat.

Angel Island isn't really a surreal setting like some other zones, it just seems like a peaceful tropical island. I see the rocky beach, the jungle areas, the waterfalls. Pretty much the same stuff in Adabat. And Adabat has those crazy ruins towards the end making it very nice to look at. Set Adabat on fire and I bet it'd look something like Angel Island act 2.

Angel Island feels more like Sonic because it's got more loops, more vertical space, and old school gimmicks. But that gets into "what makes a Sonic game" territory, and I won't go there in this topic.

Edited by Badnikz

Looking at it, here's what sets it apart:

-That's a crazy cliff face

-I thought they were trees before, actually

-Those little waterfalls are pretty tricky

Basically, the whole place is crazy. Adabat is pretty normal, but this place is crazy.

Okay, now I see what you're talking about. But even so, Adabat and Angel Island still share similar chemistry where I look at it, although I don't see Angel Island as crazy as you see it.

The Wild West would also be nice. Starting off in a dusty little town until you get out into the dessert and the canyons, and what not, maybe through a railroad, and then I remember, in Sunset Riders, your characters running atop a Stampede, but having difficulty doing so... I'd love to see Sonic do this.

Also, I'd love to hear a Wild West style Song in a Sonic game too.

Unless you've already heard it, I strongly recommend checking out the Sonic Rivals 2 soundtrack. That game had a wild west zone called "Frontier Canyon", with some Sonic styled wild-westerny rock tunes to go with it.

Me, well, first I'll list my agreements with previous posters.

I agree Holland would make a cool starting level, would be a nice throwback to Unleashed 1 what with the windmills and all too, and snow on a starting level would be pretty new and cool.

Sydney sounds like an awesome replacement for Spagonia in being "that one awesome sunny super happy level that has everything". I also like the idea of Tokyo, but no Werehog in a possible sequel (unless they pull off some stupid plot thing), would mean Sonic would have to blaze through that one at night.

I also really like the UK countryside ideas. Something like Titanic Plains off Black Knight with the lush detail and mood of Windmill Isle Act 1 in Unleashed. Would make a cool "epic because it isn't" final level if you set it at dawn or sunset too.

I'd love it to lead to a coastside area... something like Cornwall, or perhaps finish at a Dover Castle style location.

Also for a final stage: If we're gonna go Super Sonic, let's have a battle (during a sunny day for extra newness value?) over the ocean please. That'd be cool.

I would love a Night of the Werehog level as an extra, at least.

I would also like to see, if a second game was made, a level based off Ireland. White Cliffs of Dover and all that.

An England stage would be quite awesome as long as it stays at least ten feet away from London at all times. I'm afraid that cliche is overused.

If there were 3 acts it could go like this - in act 1, you run pretty much through castles and fields. In act 2, the castles and fields eventually get sparser, the coast becomes visible in the background and things get a little more urban. Act 3 rolls around and now you're in a sort of Great Yarmouth-esque coastal town, that has the features of a big coastal city, but the quaintness of a small town. You run through dingy streets with gift shops and what have you, and at some point you reach the beach and run across the top of all of the fancy looking arcades, fair rides and restaurants at the front of the town, only to detour off into the beach and eventually return to the less glamourous insides of the town.