Awoo.

Sonic Riders 3

Segamaster

Mmm, I figured different characters would have different boost abilities with varying effects, but they wouldn't work exactly the same. Still, interesting ideas, I guess, but I don't think it would be THAT unique. There'd probably be a few different boost abilities; Chaos Control, Sonic Boom (I guess you can call it that), and maybe something else, with slightly different effects on how they work. Chaos Control would be used by a few different characters, as would others. Shadow/Silver could both use Chaos Control, some could use... actually, Spin Dash would be better than Sonic Boost, and then there'd be the actual Boost ability for others. That sounds good to me. Maybe a couple most boost-like abilities.

E.g...

Spin Dash - Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Espio

Chaos Control - Shadow, Silver, Metal Sonic, Chaos (he should be able to use it, too... XD)

Sonic Boom/Boost (basically the Sonic Boost ability; not sure what to call it) - Jet, Wave, Storm, Blaze

Perhaps have an Air Dash for the Rogues, instead... its just a little idea, anyway. Spin Dash is easier to control and maneuver, and is the fastest, while Chaos Control allows you to zip through the air and grind along objects (like with Gravity Dive) but it requires a short charge time, etc... Again, its only an idea, and I don't think there would be more than a few variations, but specific characters would boost in different ways, despite having mostly the same effect.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

• JaidynReiman

• Dejablue

• SuperStingray

Hm. With Jet in SatBK it's maybe not soo impossible that a Sonic Riders 3 will be made.

This has already been spoiled for me thanks to somebody else doing something similar in a non-SatBK topic, but in future could you please be a bit more considerate about stuff that hasn't been widely released in trailers etc?

While I could just shut myself off from forums for the whole week between the US and UK release dates, I'd kind of like to at least view topics about other games without having to worry about spoilers for a completely different one...

I don't mean to pick on you in particular, so sorry if I offended/embarrassed/worried you, this kinda thing just annoys me a little...

Noting that Jet is in the game *As a multiplayer character only as lame as that is* is worth noting as a spoiler? He isn't playable in any part of the game that matters. :P

I've never played the SR games... but I love the Rogues so yeah... bring on another riders~ I'll find someway to learn about the story, and then laugh at innuendo's about how Sonic and Jet are the "fastest" things alive...

Am I the only one making dirty jokes here?

Noting that Jet is in the game *As a multiplayer character only as lame as that is* is worth noting as a spoiler? He isn't playable in any part of the game that matters. :P

...Well, I didn't know THAT either, but that does actually make the spoiler of Jet being in the game at all easier to deal with now I know that it isn't a story point that's been spoiled for me.

Oh sorry. ^^"" I thought this was actually known already. But yeah, Jet is a Multiplayer character only so it's not that huge spoiler, I guess. Sorry, I will take care next time.

Ugh... I admit the games were enjoyable and quite good to play to some point, but... It's a damn waste of time. -__- The plot is the only Sonic one I didn't manage to watch a half of, and the only reason I did was to see the pretty CGI cutscenes. Not to mention it's amzingly improductive. All other games might leave one with somethink to think of... Rhytm games improve your skill... Sonic Labirynth makes you glad not all games are like this, and Mean Bean Machine is a nice way of learning Puyo Puyo, which is a game that quickens your thinking.

But anyway, I hate racing games et al. They're only good for 2P play. -____-;;

So, I hope SEGA soon won't have to make purely-for-money, senseless party games. (That means I'm against another sequel of Sonic Riders).

c(._.)-

I liked the two Sonic Riders games. They were cool.

What I want for the third chapter of the series is:

1. Add more tracks that are unlockable. PS2 version will have different layouts of the unlockable tracks.

2. Make the game for the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 for DLC to add new costumes and Extreme Gears, patches to fix glitches, and add new tracks.

3. Online multiplayer for the three 7th gen consoles. No Leaderboards and Ghost-data crap, boring.

4. Co-Op Story Mode

The Sonic Riders series was okay, but I'd much rather see a racing title that actually feels like a Sonic racer rather than a racer with Sonic tacked onto it. Despite its flaws, Sonic R did a pretty nice job, although it could have been expanded upon. Not only was the hoverboard gimmick rather silly, but the actual track designs were pretty generic stuff.