Awoo.

Should there be more Sonic Storybook Series games?

xTrickyWolfy

Sonic and the Secret Rings was ok-ish, but Sonic and the Black Knight was utter shit. I think it's best to keep the storybook series dead, and come up with another spin-off idea.

Did they make the decision to use the touchscreen for every goddamn thing? Because I find it hard to believe anyone other than Sonic Team was stupid enough to make that an element in an RPG.

I don't think Sonic Team has anything to do with Chronicles.

Storywise sure. Gameplay wise I'd prefer ifthey gave us another game like Colors instead of that onrails crap, It was Ok in SR, but that's it. Though I suppose if they don't do onrails then it wouldn't be the same as the last 2 but I don't think too many people would complain.

NiGHTs Journey of Dreams

...Was fully playable with Classic Controller.

While I think personally out of those choices, I'd want a Sonic game in a western setting since I'm a fan of those, I can't help but think a Sci-fi would work best. Futurism in Sonic works wonders due to Eggman's creations and such. They should just go ahead and fully do Star Wars. I mean they have the Death Egg already and multiple planets with Wisps and such *shot*.

But seriously, Star Wars aside, I think a Sci-fi thing would be ace.

Now that I think about it though, a horror thing would be pretty fun. I'd be a fan of a Van Helsing tale with the Werehog, as long as he's only kept to cutscenes or something, or maybe a "power" as normal Sonic for a limited time. Having vampires and other generic horror monsters in the Sonic universe would be fun. Reminds me of the Night of the Werehog thing all over again, <3.

• Thumbs Up 3

Another reason I want more Storybook games is that I like the break from Eggman as the villain. I don't like seeing him take the backseat like he did for so many main games, I'd rather him not be the pretend-villain at all if he's not going to be the big bad in the end.

Sonic and 1984

Sonic and Atlas Shrugged

Sonic and Wuthering Heights

Sonic and the 50 Shades of Grey

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the Storybook series, But after I saw this one day while browsing DA:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/256/d/3/Long_John_Silver_by_SonicMaster23.jpg

I thought another go at the pirate theme would be neat. I haven't got a chance to play Sonic Rush Adventure yet, but pirates either way excite me. There's even some specific historical and fictional pirates who would match up well with certain characters: Knuckles as Barbarossa/Redbeard, Silver as Long John Silver, Shadow as Blackbeard, Blaze as Grace O' Malley etc.

I think there's potential.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've said before that I'd like to see them have a go at Greek mythology. I've had a lot of ideas for this, but they're mostly gods-based, so it's actually pretty different from the Pandora's Box idea on the previous page - although I also thought that giving Sonic Hermes's winged shoes would make sense. Merlina would take the place of Athena, and Sonic of Hermes; you can quibble about what much of the rest of the cast do, but I was thinking of recontextualising the monsters of the week as the three main gods - Time Eater as Zeus, Perfect Chaos as Poseidon, Dark Gaia as Hades - who have gone berserk for reasons unknown. So the first act would obviously be defeating them, and the second act would be taking down the one responsible for their rampage - Eggman, a.k.a. Hephaestus. Play it right, and nobody would guess it was Eggman because they'd think he'd been sidelined into the Hephaestus role, since Hephaestus is never usually such a big deal. I think this is how the Storybook series should work - using the distance between the Sonic canon and the storybook canon to create a story that goes in unexpected directions for both.

• Thumbs Up 3

I honestly wouldn't mind having another story book game, I enjoyed Sonic And the Black Knight, but Secret Rings...not so much...it was meh but I liked the party mode and the stories for both games. I loved Sonic's personality in those game, his characterization was great, if they do make another one then they should improve on the controls a bit. It was also quite refreshing to see other villians aside from Eggman.

Am I in the minority that wants the next Storybook game to be Oriental-themed? A game based on the Chinese classic, "Journey To The West" might be interesting. Then we'll see Sonic & co. doing all sorts of Kung-fu stunts & moves - that'd be so cool!

If not, I guess I'll go with sci-fi. But I do think that the Sonic world is already quite high-tech...

Edited by JemiLoke97

I'd like to see a new Storybook game, if they change the annoying on rails gameplay. Also better level design and less bottomless pits plz. I only enjoy the Storybook games 'cos of the entertaining story and characters.

Does Sonic Dream of Electric Sheep?

Sonic Remembers it for you Wholesale

Sonic and the Bible.

Sonic as Jesus, Shadow as Judas, Eggman as Satan, Amy as Mary Magdalene, Silver and Blaze as Adam and Eve.

And the Master Emerald as God.

Sonic and the Bible.

Sonic as Jesus, Shadow as Judas, Eggman as Satan, Amy as Mary Magdalene, Silver and Blaze as Adam and Eve.

And the Master Emerald as God.

....You're kidding, right? I felt a little offended there. dry.png I mean, the Bible isn't a fairy tale sort-of-thing. A storybook game shouldn't be based off something related to religion.

Edited by JemiLoke97

....You're kidding, right? I felt a little offended there. dry.png I mean, the Bible isn't a fairy tale sort-of-thing. A storybook game shouldn't be based off something related to religion.

It's just a joke. No ill will intended.

Don't worry anyway, Sega wouldn't want to touch something so controversial with a twenty foot pole.

Well that whole naming two main villains after demons in Christian and Islamic theology thing aside, but I digress. :P

Ahem!

I'd love to see another Storybook; I loved Black Knight because it was so nostalgic for me and had some genuine twists. And Crush 40, goodness that was awesome for me.

As for source material, I'm guessing we could go Greco-Roman maybe? That or something Mesoamerican. Mesoamerican stories could possibly allow some sort of references to SA due to the whole echidnas = Mayincaztec thing. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the extra characters, the good stories and the characterization.

Just give us an refinement of the unleashed/colors gameplay formula and we're all set

Yes. As long as the extremely high standard of characterization is kept-up and even more character development for Sonic is accomplished, expanding upon the wonderful and unrivalled level of development the first two gave him, the theme of the game is once again very imaginatively and creatively utilised and the gameplay and controls are greatly improved.

And it'd be cool if a prospective third game kept up the apparent trend of introducing a new Sonic form.