Awoo.

What did you think about Shadow The Hedgehog?

Black Hedgehog

I just wanted to ask all my fellow Sonic fans out there, what they thought of my all time favorite Sonic game Shadow The Hedgehog. I liked it because of the solid story, gameplay, graphics, and the fact that you had a partner with you all the way through the game.

Mediocre at best. All the efforts to be dark came off as lame, to the point of being funny at some points, and the gameplay felt slippery, just like in heroes. The weapon system wasn't bad, but it still didn't feel fitting, and all it did was make the healthbar crap slightly more bearable. Some of the missions, like hunting for every last enemy, were terrible. And the alternate endings were pointless and just forced you to replay the game again and again to beat it.

Edited by Ekaje

It had promise but then it falls flat on its head.

Honestly I do like ShTH but its rather..... Lackluster to the point that I can say it had potential but failed to bring anything home. Fortunately Shadow's character got better after this game so its like a double edged sword, though the blade is pretty much stabbed the person.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just wanted to ask all my fellow Sonic fans out there, what they thought of my all time favorite Sonic game Shadow The Hedgehog.

I thought Shadow getting his own game was the worst idea ever concieved by Sonic Team at that time (which later turned out to be the second worst idea, the first being killing off Sonic and have him be revived by locking lips with a useless princess). I found the controls to be loose, the dialogue bad, most of the music forgettable, the gunplay mechanic clunky, the characters once again terrible (but at that point I had expected as much), and the story just uninteresting.

Edited by Balding Spider

I enjoyed the game, but I bought it used for about 15 bucks. It was an average game that had nice replay value, but nothing special. Nothing horrible either, though.

Ehh..it was okay, I guess. Not incredible, but I did like some things in it.

Edited by colorfulzones104
  • Thumbs Up 1

Strangely, my thoughts on the game haven't changed one iota in the 2 weeks it's been since asking my thoughts about the game.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 3

What a dumb game.

It would have been better if it didn't try to take itself so seriously while also failing to make things darker and edgier.

It would have been better if it didn't try to take itself so seriously while also failing to make things darker and edgier.

Funny enough, it's almost like it didn't.

Yeah, probably because of how most of it came across as so lame.

C'mon guys, quit being nice.

This game is a huge piece of shit.

It tries so many things at once (darkness, mystery, multiple storylines, weapons, vehicles) and they all crash and burn so damned terribly. The story is boring when it isn't laughably hard to watch, and the awful cutscene animation and shiny models don't help.

Shadow himself controls like ass. You will find yourself having to jump and homing attack furiously to save yourself from barreling off of cliffs. And trust me, there's plenty of those.

The vehicles don't control much better and are incredibly fucking unnecessary. Shooting the guns at the speed the game wants you to travel is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, except the hay is shit and the needle doesn't exist.

DAMMIT DIOGENES NINJA'D ME

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Heroes is better and is actually fun..

please stop staring at me like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, since Diogenes already explained everything I hate about this game, I'll just sum up my thoughts in one simple sentence:

Shadow the Hedgehog... Meh.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, since Diogenes already explained everything I hate about this game, I'll just sum up my thoughts in one simple sentence:

Shadow the Hedgehog... Meh.

Edited by The Noodle
  • Thumbs Up 4

Shadow the Hedgehog.

Shadow the FREAKING Hedgehog.

Mere words cannot describe how much of an insulting piece of fetid tripe this game is. I literally - no joke - actually get nauseous from playing it. The despicably bland level design, the disgusting graphics, the laughable concept, the horribly-executed tone, the general immaturity, the lack of polish, the hole-filled and downright idiotic plot, the downright awful missions...the fact that someone actually thought that this would be a good idea to make, the fact that someone thought that Sonic fans would appreciate this, the fact that this game was made at all just makes me a bit embarrassed to be a Sonic fan when I think about it.

Honestly, I consider it to be one of the worst games ever made, barely better than Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. It's truly one of those few games that I would honestly call objectively bad, and I legitimately can't take people seriously when they try to defend it. What can it do well? How can it be considered good? It's just like Sonic 06 in that sense: there really is nothing to defend, or at least, I can't see anything. I'm not arrogant enough to imply that my opinion is absolute, undeniable fact, but I just can't see any merit in this utter abomination of a game.

So yeah. This game sucks.

(Hmm...this post wasn't quite as hate-filled as Diogenes'... Well, I tried...kinda :V)

• Thumbs Up 1