Awoo.

What did you think about Shadow The Hedgehog?

Black Hedgehog

how did it suck? people like you keep saying that,but you wont explain. 06, storyline....THATS what sucked.

Because it was acting like Sonic the Hedgehog is serious freaking buisness. And thats not even starting.

Edited by Enderwoman

So the gameplay?

tongue.png

no. the storyline and the way shadow appeared.

Because it was acting like Sonic the Hedgehog is serious freaking buisness. And thats not even starting.

thats what! thats what ALL people say about it. yugi WANTED it that way. he said so. but you all grew up with "all smiles sonic" and when SEGA really wanted in the 1st place comes out, you hate it. anyway, i see i cannot try to make any of you see on how i like shadow the hedgehog, so i guess its bye for now.

how did it suck? people like you keep saying that,but you wont explain. 06, storyline....THATS what sucked.

Good god, where do I begin?

First, Shadow was brought back to life. That's the big fuck up right there. pretty much murdered SA2's ending, Second, Shadow's perfectly fine back-story and filled it with alien bullshit. Third, they pretty much sucked away all the character's personalities and made them all into Shadow obsessed fangirls. Forth, the multiple endings are all crap, fifth, and this is the biggest problem, IT'S TO DAMN SERIOUS.

thats what! thats what ALL people say about it. yugi WANTED it that way. he said so. but you all grew up with "all smiles sonic" and when SEGA really wanted in the 1st place comes out, you hate it. anyway, i see i cannot try to make any of you see on how i like shadow the hedgehog, so i guess its bye for now.

Sonic the Hedgehog is a game series concerning a cartoon rodent and his fantastical adventures as he fights a silly mustached man who knows a thing or two about robots.

Shadow the Hedgehog is a game about a cartoon rodent coming to terms with his dark and tragic past as he makes use of military grade weapons to cut through aliens and depending on story choice may kill or cripple either the aforementioned blue cartoon rodent or the silly mustached man in cold blood.

I should rightly say I don't know where you're coming from.

Edited by The Fifth-Rate Flareon
  • Thumbs Up 6

Technically, the whole "Shadow brought back" thing was Sonic Heroes' fault, but at least they rectified it somewhat by giving us a decent plot point of whether or not Shadow was an android or not.

It's a shame Shadow completely ruined that potential by instead focusing on the goddamn aliens.

• Thumbs Up 4

Good god, where do I begin?

First, Shadow was brought back to life. That's the big fuck up right there. pretty much murdered SA2's ending, Second, Shadow's perfectly fine back-story and filled it with alien bullshit. Third, they pretty much sucked away all the character's personalities and made them all into Shadow obsessed fangirls. Forth, the multiple endings are all crap, fifth, and this is the biggest problem, IT'S TO DAMN SERIOUS.

thats when you are sadly wrong. shadow is immortal. he wasnt "brought back to life" eggman lied to him. so yeah i agree shadow being brought back to life sucks.....if it was even true.

like i said, the characters in shadow were supposed to be very annoying. this is what they where like in "SHADOW'S EYES." if you read ll of my post, you would see that i know the characters are extremely annoying. they supposed to be.....this is shadow's game, and they were showing what they looked like in HIS VIEW. i grew to even almost HATE the characters, but that was how shadow felt about them.

what are you talking about it being serious? shadow was serious in SA2, also, but i dont see people complain about it. its just anothter thing they can pick on, thats all. and shadow revealing he's a planet buster is crap....????????

shadow was serious in SA2, also, but i dont see people complain about it

He was indeed serious, but this was balanced out by the lighter tone of the plot and surrounding characters. The cutscenes showcasing Shadow's brooding are balanced in the Dark story by Eggman's hammy antics, and it works. Shadow, at that point, was still incapable of being the head of a story because centering a game around him would mean shifting the tone indefinitely to a serious, dark, brooding tale, which is something that a universe like Sonic's can't support.

It would be like having all of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year following the Shadow Queen; it would change the entire way the story is presented because of who it is being presented to.

Edited by The Fifth-Rate Flareon

Don't challenge Diogenes, you have no idea what you're doing!

Stahp!

Wait where is he? I don't see him.

Sonic the Hedgehog is a game series concerning a cartoon rodent and his fantastical adventures as he fights a silly mustached man who knows a thing or two about robots.

Shadow the Hedgehog is a game about a cartoon rodent coming to terms with his dark and tragic past as he makes use of military grade weapons to cut through aliens and depending on story choice may kill or cripple either the aforementioned blue cartoon rodent or the silly mustached man in cold blood.

I should rightly say I don't know where you're coming from.

i said right in my 1st post that hedgehogs arent rodents. they arent even related to rodents i dont know why you would think they are, but they arent. look it up. you will see that they arent.

yugi said that his biggest regret what just what you noted, sonic being silly and all that. he just wanted to make sonic fun. but he overloaded on it, and now people think he isnt even that strong. all he does is run fast. originally, sonic was really for teenagers. and yugi didnt like the fact that little kids were becoming more and more fans of it. thats why he made shadow to change it all. but turns out you want the silly little kid version of sonic and not on what yugi wanted in the 1st place. i understand why you dont like it, but this is what the sonic franchise was supposed to be like.

thats when you are sadly wrong. shadow is immortal. he wasnt "brought back to life" eggman lied to him. so yeah i agree shadow being brought back to life sucks.....if it was even true.

like i said, the characters in shadow were supposed to be very annoying. this is what they where like in "SHADOW'S EYES." if you read ll of my post, you would see that i know the characters are extremely annoying. they supposed to be.....this is shadow's game, and they were showing what they looked like in HIS VIEW. i grew to even almost HATE the characters, but that was how shadow felt about them.

what are you talking about it being serious? shadow was serious in SA2, also, but i dont see people complain about it. its just anothter thing they can pick on, thats all. and shadow revealing he's a planet buster is crap....????????

Okay, now you're just making excuses for bad writing. Shadow being immortal doesn't stop him from taking physical damage. He can still die. Just not of old age.

If this is suppose to be the characters from Shadow's view(which is complete and utter bull), then why are Rouge and Omega the same bland, annoying, Shadow loving shells as well?

Wait where is he? I don't see him.
Yo.

yugi said that his biggest regret what just what you noted, sonic being silly and all that. he just wanted to make sonic fun. but he overloaded on it, and now people think he isnt even that strong. all he does is run fast. originally, sonic was really for teenagers. and yugi didnt like the fact that little kids were becoming more and more fans of it. thats why he made shadow to change it all. but turns out you want the silly little kid version of sonic and not on what yugi wanted in the 1st place. i understand why you dont like it, but this is what the sonic franchise was supposed to be like.
I'm pretty sure that none of this is actually true.

Alright, two-fold answer:

1. Would you consider that old Pixar films would draw in a large audience, many of them teenagers? This is not because they cater to what is stereotypical teenage taste, such as guns and violence and the like, but because they are well-told stories with great characters and great direction. A good family franchise, like the one Sonic evolved into, is not one that exclusive caters to children's or young adults taste, but does not exclude them either.

2. The creator of a series may have a plan for his or her series that is universally seen as a bad move. See George Lucas, Sakemoto, etc.

Excuse me... but I'm assuming this Yugi fellow is actually Yuji Naka?

If so... where exactly did he say all this?

Just that you've just effectively claimed that... "Yuji Naka made Sonic games too fun, so Shadows game was made which isn't fun, and thats what Sonic was originally supposed to be?"

but this is what the sonic franchise was supposed to be like.

Guns? Bikes? Armored tanks and aliens?

Okay, now you're just making excuses for bad writing. Shadow being immortal doesn't stop him from taking physical damage. He can still die. Just not of old age.

If this is suppose to be the characters from Shadow's view(which is complete and utter bull), then why are Rouge and Omega the same bland, annoying, Shadow loving shells as well?

LOL its so funny how you say shadow is immortal.....then you say he can die. XD do you even KNOW what immortal MEANS?

quote from Dictionary.com: "not mortal; not liable or subject to death;"

​so how is shadow able to die if he is immortal? XD you contradicted yourself. not only is he immortal, he is ageless. i played and looked at the game. you cant say no to official proof. the game said so. and i never said anything of shadow not taking physical damage, damage him all you wont, he just aint dying! :D he can feel pain, he just dont age and he cant die.

Rouge and Omega are supposed to be the characters in the game that believe that shadow is "good" in some way. i thought you would know this. they are supposed to annoying like that. its in their character to to it.

you probably think that vegeta can beat shadow to a pulp too, but i extremely digress. nevermind.

The game? Pretty mediocre-bad.

The character? Fantastic. He's by far my favourite character in the entire series. He has by far the most interesting character development, very good design, interesting personality.

I hope they start using him more. He's still very popular, and could be revived.

LOL its so funny how you say shadow is immortal.....then you say he can die. XD do you even KNOW what immortal MEANS?

quote from Dictionary.com: "notmortal;notliableorsubjecttodeath;"

​so how is shadow able to die if he is immortal? XD you contradicted yourself. not only is he immortal, he is ageless. i played and looked at the game. you cant say no to official proof. the game said so. and i never said anything of shadow not taking physical damage, damage him all you wont, he just aint dying! biggrin.png he can feel pain, he just dont age and he cant die.

Rouge and Omega are supposed to be the characters in the game that believe that shadow is "good" in some way. i thought you would know this. they are supposed to annoying like that. its in their character to to it.

you probably think that vegeta can beat shadow to a pulp too, but i extremely digress. nevermind.

Considering you can still send Shadow flying off of a cliff to his death in any game he's in, I wouldn't call him unable to die.

They're SUPPOSED to be annoying? Uh, wow. You have seriously run out of arguments, haven't you?

Edited by sonfan1984

Alright, two-fold answer:

1. Would you consider that old Pixar films would draw in a large audience, many of them teenagers? This is not because they cater to what is stereotypical teenage taste, such as guns and violence and the like, but because they are well-told stories with great characters and great direction. A good family franchise, like the one Sonic evolved into, is not one that exclusive caters to children's or young adults taste, but does not exclude them either.

2. The creator of a series may have a plan for his or her series that is universally seen as a bad move. See George Lucas, Sakemoto, etc.

no, but serious. that was just ONE of what SEGA was trying to get at. thats like saying Pixar and Disney is all about toy movies because they were involved with the 3 toy story movies. you arent being fair.

Just because the original creator thought of it, doesn't mean its a good idea.

no, but serious. that was just ONE of what SEGA was trying to get at. thats like saying Pixar and Disney is all about toy movies because they were involved with the 3 toy story movies. you arent being fair.

I'm sorry, but I can't even make sense of what you're talking about anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1