Awoo.

What did you think about Shadow The Hedgehog?

Black Hedgehog

I think that Sonic's corny one-liners degraded his character in Colors and Generations. Liked the gameplay, though.

I think that Sonic's corny one-liners degraded his character in Colors and Generations. Liked the gameplay, though.

Actually I found it to be just the opposite, I always find it endearing when a character comes off as comedically challenge (well at least in a fashion similar to Sonic in Colors)

Better than what came before it if you ask me, at least you can tell he has a character, even if it isn't being used to the fullest.

Actually I found it to be just the opposite, I always find it endearing when a character comes off as comedically challenge (well at least in a fashion similar to Sonic in Colors)

I agree, but only to an extent. I like it, but I think it was overused, in Colors anyway. It adds to his character, but it should merely be the sprinkles on the cake, not the entire icing.

"This is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me!"

- Shadow the Hedgehog

This is literally a serious line from this game. What a total badass, amiright guize?

Edited by -The Joker-

To be honest, as far as I'm concerned, this is pretty much the best thing to have come out of this game:

- Shadow the Hedgehog

This is literally a serious line from this game. What a total badass, amiright guize?

It took me a whole 10 minutes to realize you weren't joking.

- Shadow the Hedgehog

Not sure if serious...

How many times do we have to say how much Shadow's game sucked in tone, pacing, writing, and all around execution when it came to story (and everything else, but let's focus on story for now)?

How many times do we have to say how much Shadow's game sucked in tone, pacing, writing, and all around execution when it came to story (and everything else, but let's focus on story for now)?

1 for every new guy who brings up the exact same topic over and over. In other words until we run out of new members, or our current base gets short term memory loss.

1 for every new guy who brings up the exact same topic over and over. In other words until we run out of new members, or our current base gets short term memory loss.

Sad thing is that for every annoying fanboy we have, we wind up with an equally annoying hater later on.

I think it's high time for Sonic Team to start taking some serious jabs at the fandom on these kinds of things.

Edited by Frogging101

I think Sonic Team starting a war with the fandom (or doing anything hostile) would be suicide for them and SEGA.

A "jab" isn't a war. It's something to poke fun at, whether it's the audience, something in-universe, or even the creators themselves.

Oh lol. That kind of jab. I'm tired. That would be funny though... I wonder how they could do it...

They had the PERFECT opportunity in Generations for one thing I really wanted to see them do. (but they didn't)

They could have had one of the characters, after being rescued by Classic Sonic, asked; "Aren't you supposed to have GREEN eyes?"

I would have laughed so hard at this.

Edited by The Awesome Arcanine
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the writing was good, but everything else ehh.

They had the PERFECT opportunity in Generations for one thing I really wanted to see them do. (but they didn't)

They could have had one of the characters, after being rescued by Classic Sonic, asked; "Aren't you supposed to have GREEN eyes?"

I would have laughed so hard at this.

I was looking for more 4th wall jokes like that. If Sonic actually said, "Remember that time I kissed a princess or something?", that would have caused a universal pause of course.

Sad thing is that for every annoying fanboy we have, we wind up with an equally annoying hater later on.

And that's where I come in. This game was not only terrible, but it starred an equally terrible character. Also, at the post above mine? Good writing?

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Let me recant a story for you child. It's called Shadow is Evil and a Badass, by Sonic Team

Once upon a time, there was a "This is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me." Everyone hated it so much that it died.

The end.

Edited by Sexy Nightmaren Reala
  • Thumbs Up 2

As for jabs towards the fanbase, Sonic showing in off in that race for the last chaos emerald was as close to one as you can get.

'Classic Sonic loves his future airboost/homing attack and thinks Modern Sonic is cool, why not you?' And maybe some of the abilities in general like the no rings boost, maybe.

• 2 months later...

Worst Sonic game to date, alongside Sonic Unleashed. Just completely about what the Sonic series isn't. Sonic games are meant to be bright, colourful, cheery, etc. Not dark, with guns, cursing and rock music... Not to mention abysmal gameplay. 

Sonic games are meant to be bright, colourful, cheery, etc. Not dark, with guns, cursing and rock music... Not to mention abysmal gameplay. 

No, Sonic games are meant to be entertaining like every other game out there. Sonic games can be just as bright, dark, cheery, or serious as it is capable of being where it can still be looked at as quality made instead of making itself a parody like ShTH did.

I mean, even Nintendo knows this with there franchise, and they're more cheery than Sonic. Paper Mario TTYD and Super Paper Mario are stellar examples of a Mario game being much darker and serious than it has ever been without losing its identity. I fail to see how Sonic can't do the same if given the proper narrative and quality writing.

Now granted, I don't think cursing has any business in the series, and guns are more situational rather than being barred. But while ShTH failed at what it was going for, I don't think being dark in itself is something we should be fighting against.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Now granted, I don't think cursing has any business in the series, and guns are more situational rather than being barred. But while ShTH failed at what it was going for, I don't think being dark in itself is something we should be fighting against.

Yeah, I agree.

Is it just me or the old games seemed to be darker than the recent post 06 games? The visuals, the music..I listened to some music from 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball and S&K. Some things were definitely more dark-themed than what we have now.

The visuals, the music..I listened to some music from 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball and S&K. Some things were definitely more dark-themed than what we have now.

And I love that. I'm sorry I am kinda biased on this but to me, Sonic always is supposed to have that kiddy, cool, cartoony feel as apposed to edgy and dark.

yeah, sure I don't mind some of the dark stuff in Adventure and damn Colors and Unleashed has some of Eggman's most evil schemes but they were handled extremely well, that in such that the edgy and dark stuff kinda fit in with the normal kinda feel. It didn't feel like Sonic Team was forcing it down out throats or were trying too hard. 

Come Shadow, the game constantly likes to remind you of it's dark and edginess, it kinda is very jarring especially when freaking Heroes was what it was a direct sequel too.

Now I'm not saying I don't like expansive stories, I actually like them. It's just Sonic Team don't seem to be very good with dark and edgy and really, I don't want story to be a reason for people to not play a Sonic game. 

Also, really, Spinball was based on AoSTH/SatAM (forgot which) and really, it doesn't matter at all.

Wait, ya meant sound? Oh yeah, the Machine was a lil' scary. And it still doesn't matter.

Wait again, are you telling me S3&K sounds dark and edgy? Could you like pick out a specific song, cos I'm having a hard time feeling it... or hearing it.

3D Blast, I've not heard much of the OST but I actually thought it was pretty happy go lucky, anyways this was a spin-off in both story and gameplay and isn't canon so bleh.

If ya can't tell, I rarely care about spinoffs. Well, unless it's Storybook Duo, the Allstars Racing Duo and a few others.

Sonic always is supposed to have that kiddy, cool, cartoony feel as apposed to edgy and dark.

How can be possibly "supposed" to be like that if the old games did not feel too lighthearted and happy-go-lucky. They felt like real adventures with mysteries and threats as well as lighthearted and fun moments. That's why I wrote my previous post in the first place. Anyway, aside from myself many people do think that they're trying too hard nowadays...Both Colors and Generations were asking, screaming for some "it's time to get serious" moments. In the end it ended up looking not like an adventure but like a one big joke.

are you telling me S3&K sounds dark and edgy? Could you like pick out a specific song

Sandopilis. Although Lava Reef doesn't sound menacing in any way, it sure adds that mystery and "something dangerous is ahead" feeling. The levels themselves are like that. Death Egg didn't sound all that dark, but it did help me get the feeling that I'm on Eggman's final base. Doomsday zone.. Do I have to say anything here?))

I'm not exactly dalking aboud dark like in Shth, I'm talking more about the "something dangerous and evil up ahead / time to get serious" feeling that newer games lack.

the Allstars Racing Duo

those are not even Sonic games you know..