Awoo.

What did you think about Shadow The Hedgehog?

Black Hedgehog

Dude, I just gave a complete memorization of Generation's cutscenes in a one paragraph summary in that exact. SAME. POST.

Did you even read it?

Just forget it man. It's only another total fan boy of Shadow raging out again.

Just forget it man. It's only another total fan boy of Shadow raging out again.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Fenix is cool, he just follows that stupid "Dark=Good, Light=Bad" mentality that a lot of fanboys seem to have. I mean he's made it pretty clear that he considers the Adventure games the best games in the series, which there is nothing wrong with, but it becomes a problem when you expect every game in the series to follow that same formula and deride anything less. Plus ya know, almost ignoring the flaws the Adventure games have compared to the others.

Edited by The Batman

And on top of that, I know partly what he's asking for. Yeah, he want's some more darker elements back into the series, and I honestly do not see that as a bad thing because I want there to be some more tension too.

It's just that while I can agree that much with him, I don't agree that having lighthearted plots are a bad thing for this series or something along those lines. And I don't agree that being Darker and Edgier is a good thing unless it's handled with care because of the very example ShTH has made out for us when you botch it. And on top of that, I don't believe that lighter and softer stories are incapable of being as intense as Darker and Edgier ones either.

Plus, we wouldn't be defending him from being accused of fanboyism like we are now if that were true.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I love Shadow the Hedgehog, it's one of the best 3D titles IMO. So many hilarious moments. I love using the Spin Dash to skip huge chunks of the level and then sucking up aliens with a chicken gun. Check out my Shadow project!

*Pressed start to skip cutscene* Dadadadada hoooo THE BLACK ALIENS HAVE

This isn't sa1, the spin dash was a fucking joke in shth

Edited by Justin Bieber

A comedy that does a really bad job of keeping me interested in the game. :P

Seriously, though, this game is boring. By that, I mean the game is so utterly devoid of any (even ironic) entertainment, that it's just... meh. It's pretty much my least favorite Sonic game because of that.

Not if you used it correctly. You could pull off some crazy business with that thing.
Like what.

Like what.

Well you could er....kinda do err....stuff like this?

...Who am I kidding, this spindash does suck. At least it's got a little more worth than the 06 spindash...

Like what.

You can speed through the air shafts that blow you back with ease.

That's about it.

I thought it was very good game. The gameplay is, overall, very fun (besides a couple of absolutely terrible missions like The Doom). The story I liked. It's not the most well written thing in the world but I enjoyed it. I loved the Last Story and final boss. The CG cutscenes were great. The absolute worst part of the game was the music. The only good music in the entire game was I Am... All Of Me, Never Turn Back, and E.G.G.M.A.N - Doc Robeatnix Mix; everything else was shit.

My favorite thing, though, has to be the intro that plays before the title screen. Fucking epic.

But why do you like it? Why do you find the gameplay fun, why do you like the story?

I spent almost two hours tearing the game apart from top to bottom and title screen to credits, the least you could do is give us something better than "I like"!

But why do you like it? Why do you find the gameplay fun, why do you like the story?

I spent almost two hours tearing the game apart from top to bottom and title screen to credits, the least you could do is give us something better than "I like"!

Sorry, I'm not the best at explaining things like that.

Why do I find it fun? Because... I had fun with it? I'm not entirely sure how to explain that. I mean, a few missions were really crap-tastic, but everything else I enjoyed playing through. The gunplay worked well, the vehicles sucked dick, the movement was good enough, if a tad slippery. I thought that the Dark, Light, and Normal mission progression was clever and made the game more replayable. The music was extremely bland and boring. The story, I like because it added more backstory to Shadow; to me, it made Shadow feel badass. Again, a few moments were pretty terrible, but I thought it suited Shadow. Keep in mind, though, that I haven't played SA2 (I have seen it). The swearing, I found funny, I'm not going to lie. It was so wierd to hear, especially coming from Sonic and Knuckles. I thought the dark tone of the game was a good departure from the very colorful Sonic Heroes. I think Jason Griffith did an amazing job as Shadow and really sold me on the character. Also, the epic as hell intro.

I remember the night I got this game, actually. I got it about a month after it came out at an EB Games down in Illinois. On the car ride home, I opened up the case and, behind the manual, was a card of some sort (like one you'd get at a wedding or graduation). I open the card and inside I find a 2 Dollar bill. The first 2 dollar bill I'd ever seen. I still have it; it's sitting inside of my Michael Jackson album Michael right now, behind the booklet. For that 2 dollar bill alone, this game will always have a special place in my heart.

Edited by Grimchi3f

How come whenever there's an discussion about Shadow or Sonic 06, the people who is defending Shadow and/or Sonic 06 seems to almost always drag Colors and/or Generations into their argument? I've finally read through the last few pages and it's always turns out to be the same Light tone vs Dark tone arguements.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well I liked it a lot. It had some fantastic concepts, but the execution was mediocre. It's not a bad game, but it's not great either.

How come whenever there's an discussion about Shadow or Sonic 06, the people who is defending Shadow and/or Sonic 06 seems to almost always drag Colors and/or Generations into their argument? I've finally read through the last few pages and it's always turns out to be the same Light tone vs Dark tone arguements.

I like both tones, it's just that I thought the Dark tone was refreshing after the Light tone of Sonic Heroes. I think Sonic can work in both.

• Thumbs Up 1

Um...okay, seriously let's not be so insulting here. He's a Shadow fan, but he's not so much of a fanboy in the same sense compared to another so called fanboy who keeps coming here.

Were he a fanboy, he'd be A LOT more fanatical.

Oh well, I retract that one there. I guess I lost grip back there. My bad.

I, personally, enjoyed the game for it's branching story line. I thought it was a nice change from the regular sonic formula; on a smaller note, I really liked how bad-ass shadow was made out to be. I mean, you cannot argue with the opening cinematic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoNEHIIy4RA

The real beef that I had with the game was the fact that it had that 'sonic heroes feel' as far as control was concerned (or, perhaps I am thinking of the graphics). I think that my opinion of the game would be much higher if the game (as in IN-GAME) felt a bit more like SA2B.

Edit: I also didn't really like the way that guns were integrated into the game play. Though, I actually like the idea, the way that guns were presented within the game play was pretty pitiful, in my opinion.

Edited by Unidus

The real beef that I had with the game was the fact that it had that 'sonic heroes feel' as far as control was concerned (or, perhaps I am thinking of the graphics). I think that my opinion of the game would be much higher if the game (as in IN-GAME) felt a bit more like SA2B.

I'm surprised the main beef is the controls and not the ungodly childish storyline and the overuse of cursing to attempt to edge it up.

I'm surprised the main beef is the controls and not the ungodly childish storyline and the overuse of cursing to attempt to edge it up.

The use of cursing was really unnecessary. It almost makes you wonder what demographic the game was supposed to appeal to. The only word that I recall being used was damn. I guess damn was the only word they could put in in order to keep the game teen... so I guess they wanted the game to be a tweener? I agree, the story line (well, if you can call it a story line) is... "I have amnesia, woohoo! there are aliens falling from the sky so I suppose I'll shoot some guns and make it all better or not in order to regain my memory which somehow is not totally gone cause I remember some girl named maria" ... medicore, to say the least. There is something lovable about the game though; then again, I just may have myself the nostalgia blinders on :o

^ Shadow also says at one point "I'm going to send you straight to HELL!" which not only sounds stupid, but would've actually sounded more badass if David Humphrey voiced Shadow! The rest is just damn damn DAMN damn...yeah, it sucks. =[