Awoo.

What did you think about Shadow The Hedgehog?

Black Hedgehog

Should've used Eggman.

What, and ruin him with this terrible, terrible game? No thank you...

• Thumbs Up 7

Shadow is very much the fall guy at this point.

What about Knuckles. He's been useless, and had useless plot points, ever since Heroes, save for Chronicles.

But back to the question on hand, like many users above me have said, to appeal to a more "Mature" Crowd, and to make shadow seem more bad ass than he actually was. Not much more you can say to that...

Should've used Eggman.

Oh lord, I can't even imagine how they'd try to make Eggman pointlessly juvenile grimdark.

...oh wait, yes I can.

Sonic_Channel_Julian_Robotnik_by_E_122_Psi.png

Yyyyyeah, no.

• Thumbs Up 6

Was not too sure about this. I felt this discussion more fitted within this Shadow topic than being a whole topic of its own. Then again, perhaps the following helped my judgement:

Why does he need a gun to take his enemies out when he has Chaos Control, Chaos Spear, and Chaos Blast.

When you do make topics, please use a little more effort than just putting one sentence. It also sets the topic's standards and may serve as an example when other members are replying. I felt this more fitted as a contribution to an already-existing topic, so I moved it in here for you. Also, before making topics, it is always a good idea to use the forum's Search feature. It lets you see if there are other similar topics out there which fits your contribution. =)

Also, posts merely consisting of one sentence like "Shadow is just shit" or "This game is simply shit" is not really contributing much other than being spammy and lazy. Go ahead and add some more effort, elaborate, share your reasons etc.

Edited by ^DiZnEy^
The two topics have been merged.

Why does he need a gun to take his enemies out when he has Chaos Control, Chaos Spear, and Chaos Blast.

NEWSHADOWGAME.gif

Because FUCKING GUNZ YO.

I just dated myself so badly with that.

More seriously, because they wanted to cash in on the success and attention that shooters (and action platformers ie. Jak II and Ratchet and Clank) were getting at the time. The game was either born out of the most cynical and Bubsy-esque of marketing meetings from the higher ups, or Iizuka's concept of cool dates to the late 1980s. Maybe both.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 5

What, and ruin him with this terrible, terrible game? No thank you...

It was already too late for Eggman by SA2.

hqdefault.jpg

Dude walks around in a battle mech with all sort's of built in weaponry but pulls out a gun. facepalm.gif Fuck SA2.

It was already too late for Eggman by SA2.

hqdefault.jpg

Dude walks around in a battle mech with all sort's of built in weaponry but pulls out a gun. facepalm.gif Fuck SA2.

Hey, at least he didn't shoot it...right? RIGHT?

It was obviously done to negate one of the mech's main weaknesses - slow turning. All Amy would've had to do was take one small shuffle to the left and the risk of getting Volkan Cannon'd basically goes kaput, because Eggy would have to turn the entire mech to keep lined up. Besides, even if you were to effectively duct-tape Amy to the gun, using mounted weapons designed to take down anything short of a fucking tank in a single shot is being a bit extreme for an unarmed hostage, isn't it? Man's got some class to keep.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that the Volkan Cannon can't aim down that low to begin with. 8P

Edited by The Cheese
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pretty sure that homing laser of his negates that problem. :lol:

I really don't see anything wrong with Shadow using a gun.

Sonic_Channel_Julian_Robotnik_by_E_122_Psi.png

Best version of Robotnik ever. Way better then the fucking manchild that Sega has made him into.

Edited by Vampfox

What did I think of Shadow The Hedgehog?

Character - second worst beside Silver.

Game - second worst beside Sonic '06.

:)

Perhaps, but I was acting under the assumption that using a fuckin' rocket launcher in a hostage situation didn't make much sense to begin with. tongue.png

Well, the guy used a massive energy cannon to blow up half the fricken' moon to prove a point and was willing to shoot it and individual countries that didn't comply to his demands. That doesn't make much sense either, so...

I really don't see anything wrong with Shadow using a gun.

Do we need to get you some glasses or contact lenses so that you can see it more clearly? We've been spelling out the problems for damn near 8 years over how inappropriate it was. And mind you, this is coming from someone who ironically believes there might be some way to add gunplay, just not in the way ShTH did it.

Best version of Robotnik ever. Way better then the fucking manchild that Sega has made him into.

Dude, this isn't the topic, and you know damn well you're just antagonizing people who don't like that version of him. Stop it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 7

I don't see the problem with Eggman pointing that weapon at Amy. It doesn't look like a realistic gun as far as I know, and like the Cheese said, threatening to blast her guts all over the shop would have been a bit over the top.

• Thumbs Up 2

His game could've been a lot better. There's no arguing that. However, pairing it up with '06 is a stupid injustice. Unfortunately, that is what happens a lot of the time. '06 was way worse than Shadow.

His game could've been a lot better. There's no arguing that. However, pairing it up with '06 is a stupid injustice. Unfortunately, that is what happens a lot of the time. '06 was way worse than Shadow.

Saying shit is better than shit isn't saying much.

Why is this topic still around, we've gone beyond beating a dead horse now we're just raping it.

I wouldn't quite say "way". Regardless, they're paired together because they were both released a year apart and are the only Sonic games that are legitimately objectively bad, regardless of how bad they are when compared to each other. Besides, I'd say Shadow is equally insulting to the fanbase, if for different reasons...

I wouldn't quite say "way". Regardless, they're paired together because they were both released a year apart and are the only Sonic games that are legitimately objectively bad, regardless of how bad they are when compared to each other. Besides, I'd say Shadow is equally insulting to the fanbase, if for different reasons...

Only? I can think of five other bad Sonic games right now.

1. Sonic Labyrinth

2. Sonic Drift/ Sonic Drift 2

3. Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)

4. Sonic R

5. Sonic Heroes

The thing about Shadow is that there isn't room in the fanbase for an "okay" opinion for him. You either love him or hate him.

I've been with this franchise since 1995, and I've played just about every Sonic game out there from the Genesis to the Xbox 360. I think a lot of the dislike for Shadow is without enough reason for a solid opinion. In my opinion, a lot of the hate comes from the young kids who blast him with love crap and all that. The character is not to blame for that. The kids are.

Heroes is the only game on that list that's worth taking note of. You can't compare all the forgettable shovelware to a major release.

And no, the Shadow hate is pretty much entirely justified.

Only? I can think of five other bad Sonic games right now.

He said objectively. I'd say Labyrinth is the only one that fits that bill, and Heroes is the only one that is comparable to ShtH in the first place (and I doubt you would find too many people who would label Heroes as being nearly as bad as ShtH).

Edited by Gilda

Would I be correct in thinking that Shadow TH and Heroes used the same graphics engine and physics engine? It's just that despite the obvious differences, both games do have similarities in the gameplay etc. So I can't help but compare Heroes to Shadow TH. Both games had their good moments, but also have a lot of issues. I think I slightly prefer heroes but it's a close call.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

That depends on who you ask. Some sources say that it was built on Renderware just like Heroes was. Other sources say that Sonic Team created an engine from scratch for the game.

Shadow TH and the Heroes engine were both RenderWare according to Wikipedia. Would be interesting to know whether that is correct or not.

Shadow TH and the Heroes engine were both RenderWare according to Wikipedia. Would be interesting to know whether that is correct or not.

I would imagine. The two have such similar gameplay that it'd be hard to believe they'd make a new engine just to have it be the same damn FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD gameplay and graphics.