Awoo.

Marvel vs. Capcom Origins (PS3/360)

#AR

Oh hey! ANOTHER "HD Collection!"

This collection includes two games: Marvel Super Heroes and the original Marvel vs. Capcom, remastered in HD. I wonder why they left out X-Men vs. Street Fighter and/or Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, since Marvel Super Heroes doesn't include the Capcom characters. It looks to me like this is going to be the full version of MvC, with the full Double Team mode that was absent in the PlayStation version, so that's a plus.

The game seems to be built similarly to last year's Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition. It has some of the same features, like online play, active challenges, and extras/unlockables in a gallery.

The game is going to be $15 and will be released on PSN and XBLA this September.

I did enjoy Third Strike Online Edition's direction, and MvC 1 is my favorite in the trilogy, so I may grab this. It'd be a good opportunity to try Marvel Super Heroes as well, since I haven't played it yet.

So yeah. Comments, rage, criticism, excitement, etc. and stuff?

Considering I LOVED the original Marvel Vs. Capcom I'd get it.

But I'm not really interested in Marvel Super Heroes, noooor wasting 15 bucks on this.

why capcom why

Finally..... Bringing a classic into HD. Now THIS MVC I can dig. What.. so what I'm an old fart who still lives in the 90's and enjoys his 6 button layout :D ( joking here don't hit me. )

YEEEEEEES! THE ORIGINAL MARVEL VS CAPCOM IS THE BEST IMO! IT'S AMAZING, IT HAS AMAZING SOUNDTRACK! I PLAYED IT A LOT WITH MY FRIENDS ON THE PSONE TIMES! HELL YEAH, CAPCOM!

*Excitement is over*

Gonna get it 4 sure!

Edited by Jango

Considering it's called MvC:ORIGINS I was expecting it include all 5 of the Capcom produced Marvel fighting games from the 90's, including X-Men:COTA, X-Men vs SF, and MSH vs SF.

Considering it's called MvC:ORIGINS I was expecting it include all 5 of the Capcom produced Marvel fighting games from the 90's, including X-Men:COTA, X-Men vs SF, and MSH vs SF.

I agree. MSH vs SF is also awesome (I LOVED TO PLAY WITH NORIMARO).

Since I don't have any fighting games yet (save for Brawl,) perhaps I'll pick this up with my next points card instead of the Mortal Kombat collection. Or maybe I'll just pick that up and get this later with uh, some 500 point game.

I can play Megaman in this.

xvbUv.gif

Edited by MarcelloF

Vemon FANG, LETS GO CRAZY!!!! " Hey Do your job :D " TAKE my money capcom. Take it ALL.

Edited by Vicki Turner

I might get it. I played it in the arcade when I was at Great America a month ago. My team was Spider-Man and Mega Man! :D

going to definitely get this. Shame MvC isn't the console version that had 2p vs 2p.

LETS GO CRAZY!!

• 2 new arcade views – Retro and Over the Shoulder
  • Select to change game
  • New vault that uses a filter system instead of categories
  • Connection filtered by ping numbers
  • Region matchmaking
  • Using original arcade ROMS (infinites, etc. still work)
  • No combo trials

Edited by LunarEdge
  • Thumbs Up 1

Waiting for the Kicker. DLC. You know they'll do it. I don't know how, but they will. And I'll still buy it.....*Sigh*

Original arcade ROMs? Because those ran on CPS-2 and I am willing to throw money for more conversions. Say, those sidescrolling beat 'em ups you had, Capcom.

Waiting for the Kicker. DLC. You know they'll do it. I don't know how, but they will. And I'll still buy it.....*Sigh*

Unlikely. These never had DLC hooks and they certainly aren't going to make new spritesheets/modes/hats AND devise a method to insert them into the core game.

Much like MvC2 on PSN/XBLA there will be avatar packs and that's it.

Unlikely. These never had DLC hooks and they certainly aren't going to make new spritesheets/modes/hats AND devise a method to insert them into the core game.

Much like MvC2 on PSN/XBLA there will be avatar packs and that's it.

SFIII:TS had DLC. They were just more colors for the characters, but they had DLC, so it isn't impossible. But I get what you mean, there isn't going to be any sort of alternate "costume."

Ah, forgot about those. I suppose switching palettes and changing the music shouldn't be much of an issue, as that is in fact present in the original game.

Not surprised at all Capcom found a way to scam users, even if it's something as dumb and meaningless as recolors.

Ah, forgot about those. I suppose switching palettes and changing the music shouldn't be much of an issue, as that is in fact present in the original game.

Not surprised at all Capcom found a way to scam users, even if it's something as dumb and meaningless as recolors.

If I remember correctly, most of the DLC for Third Strike was unlockable in-game anyway. So it was basically an unlock code.